Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th October 2005, 04:29   #1
A3RoX
L-plater

A3RoX is on a distinguished road

hey,
i have been thinking for about a few weeks now about gettin my vts turbo'd ,i have the muny but i dont really want to spend more then wot i paid for the car lol
but i am willing to spend about 2000-2500 ish but have no idea wot to do .
i want gud bhp out of my vts i know to get gud bhp i would have to turbo it .
does anyone have any ideas on wot i can do as i dont want to spend loads to find out i have only got like 130-140 bhp lol hopefully i can get more then that lol

any ideas would be of great help
A3RoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 04:35   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

not much chance of turbo on that money, cams and a remap is your best option

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 04:37   #3
A3RoX
L-plater

i know i got a price of a turbo conversion and was nearly the price i paid for the car lol i have the muny to get it done just dont want to pay that to be honest haha
Old 6th October 2005, 15:35   #4
starkie
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTS
starkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura about

Well if you want the power it all costs money mate
Old 6th October 2005, 16:18   #5
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

you wont get a turbo conversion and all the bits that go with it for that money. Brakes, clutch etc... all add up and doing it on the cheap will cost more in the long run when it all goes wrong

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 6th October 2005, 21:40   #6
A3RoX
L-plater

hmmz i think i have made it came across the wrong way lol sory guys.
i have the muny for a turbo conversion but i dont want to really spend that much e.g £5000
so i was hoping to find another way of gettin bhp with out gettin a turbo,like hoping to do sumthing cams remaping or sumthing lol i would prefer to spend £2500 and not £5000 lol

sorry guys

Old 6th October 2005, 23:01   #7
starkie
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTS
starkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura about

Throttle Bodies??

Carworx can do a Turbo Conversion for £3500
Old 7th October 2005, 04:35   #8
A3RoX
L-plater

lol i was looking at cituning and they do one for £2500 i aint sure weather to risk going that cheap for a turbo, runs really low boost.

i dont know wot to do, so much choices its mad i guess
Old 7th October 2005, 05:44   #9
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

How much power are you looking at having?

A decent turbo conversion will cost you £5-6k inc parts.

You can like scott said go for cams and a remap, full system, decat, manifold, enclosed air filter which wil see more bhp.
Old 8th October 2005, 02:07   #10
dan_saxo_VTS

dan_saxo_VTS is on a distinguished road

supercharger conversion maybe cheaper?
dan_saxo_VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 02:13   #11
Scottp
Administrator

you find a supercharger conversion for less than 4k that uses a good charger like Rotrex and not a stinker Eaton of a mini or something

Old 8th October 2005, 21:55   #12
A3RoX
L-plater

well i was looking at the stage 2 turbo conversion and that was going to cost me about 4300k about i dont want to spend that much lol, the kit i am thinking of gettin is 2500k and it aint even a stage 1 lol, but is ment to give min of 30-40 bhp and running 6 psi of boost which aint to bad lol.

but in the mean time of thinking about it i am trying to see if there is another way of gettin bhp and maybe a bit cheaper.
Old 8th October 2005, 23:14   #13
Scottp
Administrator

wouldnt touch teh cituning kit, its pretty shabby looking far better with teh carworx stuff.

Your not thinkign straight you dont get power and reliability for cheap.

Its a triangle power, reliability and cost. If you want one then the other two suffer

Old 9th October 2005, 04:47   #14
A3RoX
L-plater

i know sum1 that has a cituning kit, i had time to ask him if he had any trouble with it and he said no. but didnt get to ask him much.then my mate turned around nd said he has the same kit i am thinking of gettin so, i believe carworx is to far for me , gmc and cituning are both the same distance in taveling dont really want to trvel all the way down south then have to travel bk in a few days time lol

i know the cheaper i go the quailty if tats spelt right gets shite,the kit for 2500k is a simple install so if it runs shite easy to take out, i hve loads of scrap yards around me lol so i have easy excess to second hand engines and so on .

i aint trying to be funny but i am only passing info which i have heard from a few of my mates from J.C motors so remember that if they r wrong dont use them lol
Old 12th October 2005, 03:41   #15
vtsturbo
Regular Poster

vtsturbo will become famous soon enough

if you`re contemplating spending 5k for a "decent" conversion then forced induction isn`t for you, not being funny either

if you do go the forced induction route and go "cheap" running poxy 6psi you`ll only get bored and want more and find most of the original parts you bought will need uprating/replacing resulting in virtually having to match the original financial outlay
vtsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote