Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 2nd April 2013, 13:34   #21
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

That would be a good idea, it's dangerous with shards of glass dropping out into my hand and my bed lol.

Thanks for that Scott, but after seeing it I think I'm just going to leave it as is. Too complex for me and I'm sure I would fuck it up more. Not due an upgrade till August aswell not good.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:37   #22
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Have you called Apple themselves for a quote? Ordinarily if you go into the Genius bar they will offer to either send the broken one away for repair (i don beleive they have repair areas in the shop) at a cost of £XX, or they will offer you a refurbished phone that you can buy there and then and swap your broken one for. Not sure how much they will flog you the refurbished phone for but it will effectively be new with a full warranty. From memory.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:56   #23
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Most markets have a phone bloke who will do an iphone 4 screen for £40ish.. I haggled when i had my 4S done and got it done for £37 with some free screen protectors

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:39   #24
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Have you called Apple themselves for a quote? Ordinarily if you go into the Genius bar they will offer to either send the broken one away for repair (i don beleive they have repair areas in the shop) at a cost of £XX, or they will offer you a refurbished phone that you can buy there and then and swap your broken one for. Not sure how much they will flog you the refurbished phone for but it will effectively be new with a full warranty. From memory.
I don't think there's an Apple shop anywhere round here to be honest - there's one called 'Storm' which sells Apple products but I don't think they do repairs? Might be pricey if I go to Apple though

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Most markets have a phone bloke who will do an iphone 4 screen for £40ish.. I haggled when i had my 4S done and got it done for £37 with some free screen protectors
Think I might have to do this or a similar repairs shop. If its going to be the best part of £50 though I might aswell send it off to the insurance company and which has a £70 excess - then I know it's all legit!
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:37   #25
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Its legit anyway, my screen has been in over 6 months, and my mate had his done well over a year ago, and still going strong.. Ours were just in a little market sort of thing, some indian bloke did it, left the phone with him for about an hour, came back and it was sorted.

Got a battery in my 3GS as well a few years ago

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote