Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 14th June 2014, 09:40   #1
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saxo_90 is on a distinguished road
Default 3 weeks to get lean!

I know I have left it late in the game but I'm off on holiday with the missus in 3 weeks. What's the best method to strip fat off wether it be diet or routines? I am aware there is no quick fix, just wondered what you guys do to lose the fat pronto!

Cheers
Old 14th June 2014, 09:42   #2
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Fatty x
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 09:47   #3
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Cheers bro lol. Not really overweight but need to get this bit of muffin top to f**k! Scottish mate, what do you expect?
Old 14th June 2014, 10:12   #4
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

Best diet would be the keto diet or low fats / low carbs, I can't see you getting far though within 3 week's.

Just do as much cardio as possible and stay on a calorie deficit diet.
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 12:16   #5
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Far too late.

With keto you will lose a lot of water weight and some fat which will make you look leaner. Could easily drop upto about 1.5stone of water and fat in 3 weeks which could make you feel much better whilst on holiday.

It's all well and good for the first few daya of the holiday but the problem is as soon as you get on holiday and hit the carbs and beers and junk you will soon start holding water again and feel like a right bloated fatty.

I'd personally in your case do fasted cardio every morning, get a good weightlifting routine in there and smash some HIIT in the evening, eat clean and cut out all the junk for three weeks and reduce your carbs where you can especially in the evenings.

Last time I went on holiday It was all inclusive so I pretty much stuck to my diet (remained on keto) and went for a morning jog or stroll on the beach and squeezed in a gym session at the hotel.

I very much doubt you will want to be such a bore on holiday so I wouldn't recommend keto, its not ideal to jump on and off it soo quickly for any other purpose than getting rid of unnecessary water retention.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 14th June 2014 at 12:18.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 12:21   #6
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Far too late.

With keto you will lose a lot of water weight and some fat which will make you look leaner. Could easily drop upto about 1.5stone of water and fat in 3 weeks which could make you feel much better whilst on holiday.

It's all well and good for the first few daya of the holiday but the problem is as soon as you get on holiday and hit the carbs and beers and junk you will soon start holding water again and feel like a right bloated fatty.

I'd personally in your case do fasted cardio every morning, get a good weightlifting routine in there and smash some HIIT in the evening, eat clean and cut out all the junk for three weeks and reduce your carbs where you can especially in the evenings.

Last time I went on holiday It was all inclusive so I pretty much stuck to my diet (remained on keto) and went for a morning jog or stroll on the beach and squeezed in a gym session at the hotel.

I very much doubt you will want to be such a bore on holiday so I wouldn't recommend keto, its not ideal to jump on and off it soo quickly for any other purpose than getting rid of unnecessary water retention.
I'm fucking dreading my holiday in September as it's all inclusive and I know I'm going to be eating / drinking like an absolute animal.

I suppose that's what a holiday is there for but I'm dreading the scale's once i get back.
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 15:37   #7
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Tonnes of HIIT, bang a load of T5s and Green Tea Extract into you (plenty of water too), with a calorie defecit each day, but maintaining protein intake. Won't be pleasent though lol
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 15:49   #8
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Far too late.

Cheers for the advice mate. Really know your stuff I've not really looked into what keto is apart from that it is a high fat/low carb diet. As a of tomorrow I'll be working 6 out of 7 days so I will have to get up and run or cycle in the morning and the same at night. It's just trying to find affordable and healthy food in the city centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Tonnes of HIIT, bang a load of T5s and Green Tea Extract into you (plenty of water too), with a calorie defecit each day, but maintaining protein intake. Won't be pleasent though lol
Cheers mate. Yeah I've been sticking to low calorie intake but not sure how much of a deficit I should aim for as I've never really sought advice on maintenance etc. Always just worked out doing my own thing and not being strict with it (part of the problem) Would jogging and then sprinting constitute as HIIT? Find it hard to get to a gym especially when saving for holiday and being a poor student lol. I have green tea so I'll start hammering that.
Old 15th June 2014, 22:25   #9
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, just go for a jog, sprint for 20 seconds, jog until you settle and then sprint again. Always good
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 21:16   #10
Stevie_Talent
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Stevie_Talent is on a distinguished road

Liposuction
Stevie_Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 21:52   #11
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore