Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Old 2nd June 2008, 20:26   #61
jezza_vts
L-plater
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): mark 1 vts
jezza_vts is on a distinguished road

i hope i dont crash the cars in my name but rents insurance policy... i pay 1800 with them but would of bin 5000 on my own!
jezza_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 05:15   #62
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
I would not worry about it TO much, its fine for the parent to be the registerd keeper and the lad was the policy holder..... i ran gup and checked, so why should it be different the other way around? really?

If u did have a bump etc etc all yuou have to say is that yea its your car, but you don have time to use it very much, so you made your mum/dad the main driver as they use it more than you but you still wanted to be insured on the vehicle so you could still use it
Thats fine...IF the car isn't modified! If you have a full on smash and the insurance assesor comes out and sees this beast lowered, big exhaust, sound system etc, they are really not going to believe that it is the parents car lol! My mate with the ZS only had an exhaust on there and they wouldn't pay out as they just didn't believe it was his dads car!
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 21:01   #63
Andy_89_VTR
L-plater

Car(s): Silver VTR MkII
Andy_89_VTR is on a distinguished road

Im seriously looking at vtr's at the moment but the insurance quotes i am getting are ridiculous. Reckon i might buy one and put in my dads name and me as named driver. He obviously already has his own car, so is it possible then for him to be the policy holder on 2 different cars ?

Might sound a daft question like, But i dont really get all this insurance mularkey
Andy_89_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 01:15   #64
s3tre2003
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Moonstine 206 GTI,Aegean Blue 206 GTI180, Citroen
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
s3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to beholds3tre2003 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootyuk View Post
jus stick to bein the policy holder, if u cant afford the insurence dont get the car simple, thats wat iv always done.

anyway a 1.1 or 1.0 even can do 70mph which is the max limit here so y even need a bigger engine??
saying that though.. on my 1.1 i was paying £1200, 2 months later when i bought the VTR, with the same insurers it was £900 to insure. Weird i know but it sometimes works like that

My Progress: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...03#post2045403
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
SW lazy ass posi blue crew lol
s3tre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 00:23   #65
_Macca_
Regular Poster

Car(s): Posi Blue VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about_Macca_ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
I would not worry about it TO much, its fine for the parent to be the registerd keeper and the lad was the policy holder..... i ran gup and checked, so why should it be different the other way around? really?

If u did have a bump etc etc all yuou have to say is that yea its your car, but you don have time to use it very much, so you made your mum/dad the main driver as they use it more than you but you still wanted to be insured on the vehicle so you could still use it
I'm in the same boat, my VTR is registered to me but me dad is the policy holder.. Do I need to worry or is it really ok? It's not really modified just induction kit and a bit of ICE. Cheers.
_Macca_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 16:58   #66
adamm
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
adamm has a spectacular aura aboutadamm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhunt View Post
agreed, for all they know then you are just taking the car for a drive

plus then when it comes to resale, and its under your mums name for example, you can pass it off as it being owned by a careful lady owner

thank god for that because my dad is the owner of my car and the policy holder im just a named driver i was panicing then dont want the insurance not paying out if i crash else ile be in some debt lol.
adamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 21:48   #67
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamm View Post
thank god for that because my dad is the owner of my car and the policy holder im just a named driver i was panicing then dont want the insurance not paying out if i crash else ile be in some debt lol.
That is EXACTLY what happened to my mate Ben - car registered and insured in dad's name - insurance company wouldn't pay out as they believed that the boy was driving it all the time. And it had been modified too.....(declared) and the insurance people were like "yeah, cos a 45 year old would do that to a car!"
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 21:39   #68
9Freedman9
Established Member
South East Region Member

9Freedman9 is on a distinguished road

How is it illegal? There wouldn't be this option on the policy if it was.
9Freedman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 21:40   #69
9Freedman9
Established Member
South East Region Member

9Freedman9 is on a distinguished road

they can't prove that you drive it all the time either, although you cleary do.
9Freedman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:23   #70
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCracknell View Post
That is EXACTLY what happened to my mate Ben - car registered and insured in dad's name - insurance company wouldn't pay out as they believed that the boy was driving it all the time. And it had been modified too.....(declared) and the insurance people were like "yeah, cos a 45 year old would do that to a car!"
jut because its been modified during the sons use doesnt mean the fathers going to have everything put back to stock next time! i dont see why it wouldnt hold up that he was just letting his son have his way and spend on the car he USES...
Stickyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 03:23   #71
rowza
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 Vtr
rowza will become famous soon enough

am insured on my dads insurance and the cars in his name so £687 bettter than neally 2000 on a 1.1/he does use it though sometimes :/
Old 7th October 2008, 16:19   #72
jowe
Infrequent Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): VTR
jowe is on a distinguished road

Young lad, out in a modified Saxo....

"its my mums car officer"

"so your mother drives a modified saxo with a heavy ice install"

"...yeah..?"

To be honest, they will clearly know its your car, but if the policy says its in her name and so does the log book, they cant prove anything!
jowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 20:54   #73
joshwhite
Regular Poster

Car(s): golf mk 4 dub
joshwhite is on a distinguished road

this has got me worried now really bad

fcuk i might have to sell my 1.4i and get a 1.1 gosh i hate some threads
joshwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 22:14   #74
scammell-29
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2000 Punto Sport, 2002 Saxo VTR
scammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowe View Post
Young lad, out in a modified Saxo....

"its my mums car officer"

"so your mother drives a modified saxo with a heavy ice install"

"...yeah..?"

To be honest, they will clearly know its your car, but if the policy says its in her name and so does the log book, they cant prove anything!
To be fair my mums 48 and would love to drive round in my car with my music etc... I even just gave her all my old cd's when i got my ipod head unit lol, the only thing she doesnt like is the fact its lowered so you feel every bump.

I dont think insurance companies should be able to make a sweeping generalisation like that, its ageism. Theres a couple live round near me that are retired, must be in 70's and drive a really lush fiesta zetec that looks more than standard, and i see plenty of vtr's driven by people who look quite easily older than 55.

Though i think the insurance prices have to stay high, there are just way too many young drivers passing their test and thinking they know it all, and crashing within weeks/months.

Kiddy round my way passed his test, had a tuned car, went out that night, overtook on a blind bend and died. I dont know about other areas but 17-21 year olds are dying every week round my area because they are driving cars they cant handle, if the insurance prices were lower thered be twice as many of these kind of people on the road.

Its a subject close to my heart, my mate lost his wife in a car crash, she was hit head on by a kiddie driving a 2.0 tuned calibra without insurance cuz he couldnt afford it, he was 18.

At least by having high prices it makes people think twice about the way they drive, im thinking i gotta drive my vtr well and safely because if i crash it, i wont have a car, and ill be in a lot of debt
scammell-29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 22:33   #75
DavidKent
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): A van...
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
DavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scammell-29 View Post
To be fair my mums 48 and would love to drive round in my car with my music etc... I even just gave her all my old cd's when i got my ipod head unit lol, the only thing she doesnt like is the fact its lowered so you feel every bump.

I dont think insurance companies should be able to make a sweeping generalisation like that, its ageism. Theres a couple live round near me that are retired, must be in 70's and drive a really lush fiesta zetec that looks more than standard, and i see plenty of vtr's driven by people who look quite easily older than 55.

Though i think the insurance prices have to stay high, there are just way too many young drivers passing their test and thinking they know it all, and crashing within weeks/months.

Kiddy round my way passed his test, had a tuned car, went out that night, overtook on a blind bend and died. I dont know about other areas but 17-21 year olds are dying every week round my area because they are driving cars they cant handle, if the insurance prices were lower thered be twice as many of these kind of people on the road.

Its a subject close to my heart, my mate lost his wife in a car crash, she was hit head on by a kiddie driving a 2.0 tuned calibra without insurance cuz he couldnt afford it, he was 18.

At least by having high prices it makes people think twice about the way they drive, im thinking i gotta drive my vtr well and safely because if i crash it, i wont have a car, and ill be in a lot of debt
Amen lol
Old lady around here Drives a Puma with all the fancy kit on it, Looks awesome..

Saw an old guy the other day get in a brand new Clio Sport Turbo...

Amazing tbh..

I feel insurance prices are very extreme for certain vehicles.
I can insure my 1.8Turbo A3, for not much more than i could insure my Brothers Battered T Red 1.2 16v Corsa, Its a joke.
I can't say much, because I have history in the form of 2 Claims and 3 points at 19, but tbh, I can see why people go on their parents policy.

They should reward young drivers for having a smaller engined car or something, something simple like 6 months free road tax on their first car or something with their insurance. At 17 when you're first starting up anything helps!

That way, Each driver can make their own path from there, be it a clean one, or a messy one...
Old 13th October 2008, 22:48   #76
scammell-29
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2000 Punto Sport, 2002 Saxo VTR
scammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKent View Post
Amen lol
Old lady around here Drives a Puma with all the fancy kit on it, Looks awesome..

Saw an old guy the other day get in a brand new Clio Sport Turbo...

Amazing tbh..

I feel insurance prices are very extreme for certain vehicles.
I can insure my 1.8Turbo A3, for not much more than i could insure my Brothers Battered T Red 1.2 16v Corsa, Its a joke.
I can't say much, because I have history in the form of 2 Claims and 3 points at 19, but tbh, I can see why people go on their parents policy.

They should reward young drivers for having a smaller engined car or something, something simple like 6 months free road tax on their first car or something with their insurance. At 17 when you're first starting up anything helps!

That way, Each driver can make their own path from there, be it a clean one, or a messy one...
True, I was in Little Chef the other night reading fast car mag while eating my meal, after the old lady that served me, who must have been about 60 was telling me how she used to race when she was younger etc and what cars she had now and stuff, they cant just presume old people dont drive tuned cars.

Id like to hope when im retired i can cruise round in a pretty awesome car (and not be paying much insurance) Though im sure the cars will be a LOT different in 40 years time!

And the idea of free tax or something does seem like a good idea or how about you get 3 months free on your policy renewal if you dont have a claim in your first year, or similar incentives to encourage people to look after their cars.
scammell-29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 09:08   #77
POWERPROVIDER
L-plater

POWERPROVIDER is on a distinguished road
Default how to be insured

but a westcoast and tune it with mods that cant be seen IE Cams and Management ! ! ! the 3k insuracc down to like 1k there is 2k for the mods ! ! ! ! not 100% legal but "thats how i brought it "
POWERPROVIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 12:37   #78
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

What happens if im the policy holder, i am the car woner, my dad is the main driver i am named, but when entered in anual millage per each driver i put his t less then 100 miles a year and mine at somethig like around 10,000 a year?
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 20:12   #79
Panda_VTR

Car(s): 2001 saxo VTR MK2
Panda_VTR is on a distinguished road

plus vtr + vts look and feel alot nicer to drive,so it is often tempting to get a car you know you cant insure as the main drive and just go on your mum or dads
Panda_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 20:37   #80
dispin
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Lexus IS300
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty02 View Post
What happens if im the policy holder, i am the car woner, my dad is the main driver i am named, but when entered in anual millage per each driver i put his t less then 100 miles a year and mine at somethig like around 10,000 a year?
I'm not sure about the policy holder bit but if you own the car and have your parent as the main driver that is fronting which is illegal. If your dad was the legal owner and main driver and you are named then its not. Also they can check how many miles you do by looking at the mot so its not a good idea to lie, I don't think it affects the quote that much.
dispin is offline   Reply With Quote