Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd June 2014, 22:00   #21
Schism
Infrequent Poster

Schism is on a distinguished road

Nice work on the speakers, do you think the upgraded rears make much of a difference?
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:58   #22
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Saxo VTR
CarlStinson is on a distinguished road

To me it sounds alot better and for £24 was well worth it will help the new front speakers nicely
Old 19th June 2014, 14:11   #23
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Finally got some time to sit down and upload some snaps of my car at FCS, had a great time weather was amazing, met up with Jigs2895 & lewismonteith on the way up, shame about the low turn out for saxp but was still at great weekend
Heres me coming back in from a few laps Link

New Sticker

Old 6th March 2015, 13:46   #24
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Been along time since I've been on here so thought i would update this thread, since FCS 2014, i have removed the bonnet bra and fitting bonnet pins, (due to my road accident with the last saxo) Also fitting my toe strap to the front, with saxp sticker (wouldn't stick very well), Next was a recon rear axle, got it from ImAxles polybushed and lowered 30mm to match the front, had to replace one of the rear hub, while i was there, also replaced all the rear brake lines.
on another know have just sorted out that dam airbag light, turned out to be the wire behind the steering column i plugged it into a resistor to shut it up, for MOT.

Bring on FCS 2015!
Old 20th March 2015, 12:43   #25
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Update - Its coming up to MOT time and the 3hour drive to FCS, so brought her some bits, and fitted them over the last couple days.
shes had new
Cambelt
Waterpump
Aux belt
Spark plugs
Antifreeze
Thermostat
Fuel filter

due to MOT coming up had to put the Cat back exhaust on, will put Decat back on after MOT
Worked it out shes only done under 2k miles this year
Old 22nd March 2015, 02:14   #26
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Looks very clean motor you have here..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:39   #27
Dilkesy
Regular Poster

Car(s): Posi Blue 1.4 Furio
Dilkesy is on a distinguished road

Looks nice man, i'm right in thinking the only way to lower the rear is through the torsion bar and front with springs right?
Old 1st April 2015, 18:05   #28
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Hi thanks saxokid,
the front you need to get lowering springs for normally some for sale on here, and the rear i had done when i ordered the replacement from IMaxles, having not lowered a rear beam before was the safest way, as it can really mess with your car if not done right not worth the risk tbh
update, fitted a second hand green plug lambda sensor into my raceland 4-2-1 manifold, still need to source a replacement blue sensor for my sleeve.
got a brand new, sportex MK1 exhaust! i currently have the mk2 (3inch tail pipe with unsilenced centre and decat) where you cant fit the cat from a mk1 into as it uses a sleeve joint, this new mk1 will let me swap the decat and cat out easily each year, no need for a second exhaust.
once the fitting kit turns up will upload photos of it on and fitted with the cat in place, cant decat till after mot, considering replacing the standard rubbers while im under there, cant make my mind up.
brand new sportex (decat + 3inch tail pipe with silenced centre)
Old 6th April 2015, 02:16   #29
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Looking forward to another update now,great work...
Old 7th April 2015, 16:32   #30
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Day off work today, and the sun was out only thing to turn up in the post today was my replacement blue lambda sensor yet again from mickswan very good seller would recommend to anyone.

I started by removing the old sensor, and plugging the new one in, and clearing my fault code, with that done, i got some hot water and oil degreaser and used a small brush and went over the engine bay/engine itself, then with the battery clearly disconnected used the hosed to rinse it off.

with that drying i moved onto relocating my new sensor/sleeve
so i started by removing the front bumper, and fitting my toe strap in properly so it can be used if needed, i relocated my new sensor which is sleeved to the bottom right of the picture, this seems like a nice out the way spot.

im still waiting for my exhaust fitting kit from kamracing, and new clamps,
sent of for a quote to get some paint work done, looking at having the rocker cover resprayed can decide if to go black or color coded, also got a debadged grill to color code and fit
Old 10th April 2015, 09:40   #31
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Ok so yesterday i started replacing my top mounts, i brought myself some spring compressors and a ball joint splitter and got to following a guide thats on here, as i had the shocks off the car, i decided to take a look at whats hidden inside, just as i thought Koni to match the rear setup S.T.R.T Kit nothing special but got to be better than standard

I managed to pull the driveshaft out on the passenger side anyway, no biggy refitted it and drained the gearbox oil, off outside shortly to fill up the gearbox with fresh oil, and put my wheel back on, finally my exhaust kit from KamRacing turned up this morning so will remove the cat back remove the centre back and put my new sportex on, thanks for reading back to laying under the car

Old 12th April 2015, 16:18   #32
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Update so i have replaced the gearbox oil, cheap and easy job that was.
new sportex exhaust fitted, with cat in place atm not decat time just yet
all the new shiny exhaust fittings, thanks KamRacing

Cat in place with new fittings

Centre in place but not clamped down

Rear box

Repainted my rear wipe while i was outside today.

Finaly gave her a wash.

Job well done, in to put my feet up and chill
Old 20th April 2015, 12:19   #33
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

So i finally got her in for a MOT, she got no advisory, but failed on 5 things,
overall im happy with that.

1. O/S headlight aim (they fix it)
2. N/S headlight aim (Top plastic mount of the headlight has broken but still attached, and bottom mount snapped off, so going to replace the light.
3. O/S brake light out (new bulb)
4. O/S inner CV boot has split (I've ordered a new shaft)
5. Finlay O/S lower arm pinch bolt not providing enough clamp causing the balljoint to just clonk side to side giving play (ordered two new pinch bolts the one that was on there doesn't look like the right bolt to me)

While i had it all off i put a coat of stone chip on, to make it look a bit nicer.

The inner cv split, not small!
Old 20th April 2015, 15:30   #34
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Those rear window tints need to burn, rest of the car is nice though.
Old 26th April 2015, 16:28   #35
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

So i sorted out all the things for her MOT,
and took her down for a retest on friday
I had to replace the N/S light using the guide on here i heated it up in the,
oven and swapped the standard silver insert out for my black one.
New shaft fitted on the O/S and a new lower arm pinch bolt thanks Mash
And she passed with flying colours
Old 26th April 2015, 17:28   #36
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

Looking good. How did you find castle combe last in a standardish VTR? Thinking about booking a session in mine at French car show. Looked a bit hectic last year.
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 18:06   #37
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Hey jack, this is my daily drive to and from work, so putting it on the track is to risky for me, but i did go on for about 6 laps on the sunday, will be going back again this year i found it handled great on the track from what i did, gripped nicely and handled well, cant wait to test out this new polybushed lowered axle on the track this year, i think you'll be fine and you'll have loads of fun
Old 4th May 2015, 02:25   #38
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Done some very nice work here bud...
Old 4th May 2015, 08:43   #39
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Thanks Saxokid, me and the Mrs have just brought a second Saxo VTR which we will both be taking on the track hopefully next year at FCS,
might be able to take it up this year but not for track atm its on the driveway i've been fixing it up will post some pictures at some point
Old 12th May 2015, 11:16   #40
CarlStinson
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Thought i would post a update, a little off topic but we are trading in our 2013 1.1 turbo diesel Rio for the new 2015 Cee'D 1.4 diesel, now back to the petrol sax
i have replaced all three exhaust rubbers with Kam Racing uprated ones they are about double the thickness of the originals and the mounting holes were shorter than the old ones, they hold the exhaust nicely, very stiff and has reduced movement.
Its been about a year since i put my bonnet pins on and the sea air down here on the coast has got to them, so i got some new ones but gave them a coat of clear lacquer before fitting them to hopefully slow the rust, makes a great improvement.

OLD

NEW

Finally some might not like them but after seeing Predator's i liked the look so decided to give them ago, set of standard looking rear mud flaps, just like preds.

On to the new VTR, its done 158k and the engine looks like crap, old oil leak build up, blow from the exhaust, drivers door not locking or CL not working, drivers window falling out, bonnet not being able to close, no radio or front speakers fitted, rear speakers disconnected and the horn not working, also a flat battery.

i started by putting a spare battery i had in, then moved onto the drivers door, stripped the door card off and got my hand in there, moved the door latch and reconnected the CL and that fixed the door, i found the window guide clip in the door so replaced it with a new one, working fine now, i looked at the passenger door and decided the CL motor needs replacing, the boot CL was working fine, on to the horn removed it and plugged it into mine and tested, its broken so going to replace it, the bonnet cable was jammed under the fan mounting point, i released it but its stretched the cable you have to really pull the cable from inside to open it now, so might have to replace that not looked into if you can cut it down from inside, replaced the bonnet stay clip as it was being held up with cable ties, now onto the some real work, I've removed the rear bumper/backbox/spare wheel and cage, and disconnected and dropped the rear beam with wheels attached, giving me lots of room to cut the spare wheel cage mounts off, sand/wire brush and paint over the next few weeks, when i get some spare time

as you can see the aux belt is in bad shape noticed it when i was taking the horn off

If i can get photobucket to work for once i'll get pictures on

Last edited by CarlStinson; 13th May 2015 at 09:09. Reason: Updated with pictures
CarlStinson is offline   Reply With Quote