Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd March 2021, 13:54   #1
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road
Default 1.5D losing coolant

Hi, my saxo i noticed recently has been losing coolant, about half a litre or abit more every 3000 miles. I don't see any leaks anywhere, thought it is maybe the expansion tank cap, can see small residue near the cap but nothing that says half a litre leaked out. Also, the expansion tank should be filled to the top of the red mark inside of the tank right? The car has 115k km on it, serviced every 3000 miles and coolant changed every 2 years.. its a well taken care of car, no loss of power nothing. Radiator expansion tank cap was replaced once but that was iirc at 70k kms
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 10:23   #2
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

If you pressurise the colling system and leave the car overnight you will probably see where the water is going.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 19:22   #3
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road

I believe i found the problem as i said about the cap, today drove a long drive to heat up the coolant and i can see water near the very small hole of the expansion tank (next to the cap) i will replace the cap and see if problem goes away
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote