Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Old 7th January 2008, 23:04   #41
p2ck
L-plater

p2ck is infamous around these partsp2ck is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
tbh simply way round it is just get the car regested in your parents name and not yours!!!

then they cant say shite as the car will be registerd to the policy holder

yep, thats what i've done with mine, its in her name and i'm reg'd fully comp inc' business..
p2ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 12:51   #42
simon179
L-plater

simon179 is on a distinguished road

i do it in my own name with mum as named driver makes my quote on a vtr 800 cheaper :| lol

for first yr of drivin i was a named driver but car was registered to me and on the insurance details it was that i was main driver and owner, but my mum was the policy holder! all worked and legit even rang them a few times to confirm!
simon179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 10:40   #43
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

See 1st post.....
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 22:52   #44
dobbo_1
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
dobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to behold

can i put my car in my mums name then? and go as second driver legaly? bit confused on all this insurance laws
dobbo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 09:33   #45
MikeCracknell
Central South
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta STripes
MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!MikeCracknell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo_1 View Post
can i put my car in my mums name then? and go as second driver legaly? bit confused on all this insurance laws
No, if you are the main user. That is Fronting too
Peugeot 106 | Fiat Punto | Saxo VTS | Zetec S | Clio 197 | Clio 182 | Saxo VTR 1| Fiesta ST | Saxo VTR 2| Saxo VTR 3| Mk 6 Fiesta ST | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 1 | Mk 7 Fiesta ST3 2 | Mk 8 Fiesta ST PE with a Mk 6 Fiesta ST500 and a Mk 6 Fiesta ST150 "Nemo, Bessie and Stripes" Insta: @nemo_mk8_st

MikeCracknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 23:26   #46
dobbo_1
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2
dobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to beholddobbo_1 is a splendid one to behold

cheers man jus goin to have to pay the full whack
dobbo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 10:23   #47
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

I think what I would recommend to anyone just coming to the legal age to drive is get your provisional and then purchase a £50 small engined cheap to run car. Insure it and leave it on the drive while you learn. By the time you pass you'll have best part of a years no claims and that will knock off an incredible amount off your insurance! Insure for a few months to cover the gap then get your years policy
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:43   #48
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

another crack down is using parents no-claims on a second policy, they not allowing it any more i used my dadsto take a policy then got a letter saying that we couldnt use he no claims and we had to pay another 800 quid or they were cancelling the policy!!

so i used my mums instead cos she not got ne policies but she got the no claims lol

be careful the insurance companies only need the samllest fing to invalid ur insurance and they wont pay out

hope this helps

james
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 10:28   #49
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

i pay £600 a year full comp on my dads insurance as an 18 year old on a vtr and made a claim last year.

to get insured on my own policy the cheapest quote i got was over £2000.

and coz im still at college, theres just no way i could afford to pay that on a part time job
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:42   #50
snottybadger
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2000 VTS
snottybadger has a spectacular aura aboutsnottybadger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidal View Post
Are you serious? How much quicker are we talking, on a journey of say an hour, with a mix of urban and motorway driving the time saved is probably less than the time you need to park the car. If you are on such atight deadline, I would suggest leaving a few minutes earlier.

When I was younger, I could never understand why my dad could drive somewhere quicker than me with my very heavy right foot. It turns out that there's no big secret, drive smoothly, anticipate and look ahead. I may have been up to 70 / 80 quicker than him by about 5 seconds, but I was continuously having to slow down for traffic lights and other road users. My dad meanwhile just carried on, reading the road - anticipating obstructions, got there much quicker in the end, less stressed and he also used an awful lot less fuel.

V.

Yup, a heavy right foot doesn't get you there much quicker. My old Honda Prelude cruise control that would only work upto just shy of 70mph (with it being an import). Now if I went down the M6 for about a 100 mile and sat 80-90 it would take about 1hr20mins set the cruise control to its max of 65-70 and it'd take about 10 mins longer and use a lot less juice!

Plus all the points I've had came from m-way driving so stops be accidently wandering over.

On the insurance being to expensive, yeah it is but if you want the sporty model you gotta pay for it. Personally I've never paid more then £600 for insurance, and always had my own policy. You really should start building up your ncb as soon as possible..
snottybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:48   #51
RCD-Performance
Established Member

RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootyuk View Post
jus stick to bein the policy holder, if u cant afford the insurence dont get the car simple, thats wat iv always done.

anyway a 1.1 or 1.0 even can do 70mph which is the max limit here so y even need a bigger engine??
Because some of us get thrills from acceleration? the same kind of thrills you get from a roller coaster? But better as your in control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootyuk View Post
but is that really important unless ur a boy racer?
Thats just a stupid statement.......why are we boy racers just because someone likes a fast car? So does that mean everyone who drives a bigger engined car than you is a boy racer? Thats my old man fucked the engine is his weekend play car is 6.0l LOL! AND HE'S 60!!!

People like this make me laugh!
RCD-Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:15   #52
EH_Fella
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): C2 VTS
EH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team memberEH_Fella is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD-Performance View Post
So does that mean everyone who drives a bigger engined car than you is a boy racer?
Very possibly if they're fronting on their insurance lol

Another one in the 'if you can't afford the insurance, don't get the car' camp here - for future reference try moneysupermarket.com for insurance quotes - add parents as named drivers, increase voluntary excess to £500 (up from £250 standard) and keep checking those quotes as premiums change constantly.
EH_Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 07:30   #53
Nij
Yorkshire
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C4 VTR Coupe Porsche 924
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Nij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team member

my mrs makes my insurance £160 cheaper - even though she had a fault claim this year!

WOMEN!!!!!

Not my Paxo's progress thread
162.4BHP VTR! Now gone, but not forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldy87
Your car is like a irritated wasp
Nij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 08:04   #54
ayshe

ayshe is on a distinguished road

i've got my own policy with my mum as a named driver as it makes it a lot cheaper and occasionaly i let her drive it

that way you can build up your own no claims and pay a smaller fee. i tried charging her to be on the policy but she didnt think much of that idea lol
ayshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 17:59   #55
Dancollier
L-plater
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): T-reg 1.0i saxo
Dancollier has a spectacular aura aboutDancollier has a spectacular aura about

im 18 and driving a 1.0i T-reg saxo and the cheapest I managed to get on the insurance was £1200 fully comp on my mums insurance with her being the owner and the main driver...shes never allowed to drive it haha.

I dont see why I should have to pay £1200 insurance on a £1000 car that is impossible to speed in haha...0-60 in about 20-25 seconds :o its rediculous why i should have to pay so much for the insurance though!

The most annoying thing is I cant build up my no claims as im only a named driver, and yet to get tpft on my own policy I cant get much short of £1400!

please excuse my rant haha
Dancollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 18:05   #56
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

Well i just got a quote from bell for £1458 for TPFT on my VTR me as the registerd keeper, policy holder and my gf as a named driver with all mods declared and i have just had a crash and im 18 btw!

Dont no how you people with 1.0, 1.1's etc cant get cheap quotes lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 19:40   #57
J-Reid
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
J-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant future

Quote:
where the vehicle was registered in the lads name, but parents were the policy holder
fuck thats me !
J-Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 19:53   #58
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Reid View Post
fuck thats me !

I would not worry about it TO much, its fine for the parent to be the registerd keeper and the lad was the policy holder..... i ran gup and checked, so why should it be different the other way around? really?

If u did have a bump etc etc all yuou have to say is that yea its your car, but you don have time to use it very much, so you made your mum/dad the main driver as they use it more than you but you still wanted to be insured on the vehicle so you could still use it
Quote:
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 12:27   #59
Dancollier
L-plater
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): T-reg 1.0i saxo
Dancollier has a spectacular aura aboutDancollier has a spectacular aura about

i cant find cheap quotes anywhere man, i just got £1180 tpft on my 1.0i which is rediculous!
Dancollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 12:37   #60
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
No one sticks 70 on the motorway apart from limited trucks and the elderly. And Sayer
and me i cantafford to go quicker you would save yourself more money too if you dont 'hoss' it tbh sayers guides are rather good you should read them sometimes lol
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote