Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 14th September 2021, 12:01   #1
KennyBlock

KennyBlock is on a distinguished road
Default Citroen AX to tu5jp4

Hi everyone!

I'm new here on this forum because I have a question.

we have a racecar AX with a 1.4 engine in it which is now broken...
Is it easy to fit a TU5JP4 engine in it from a Peugeot 206CC?

what parts do we definetly need from the donor car to make this work?

thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Kenny
KennyBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2021, 13:13   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

The short answer is no, it's not easy.

The easiest option is aftermarket ECU with a generic loom you can join to the standard sensors. Then take it to a tuner for a map. That's how I did my 106 16v conversion with Maxx ECU - except a mate an I were the tuner so I didn't have to take it anywhere.

If you want to use the 206 engine as is, then you still need to modify the mounts but you'll need ALL the 206 wiring fitted into the AX to make the throttle etc work correctly.

Assuming you have an AX with an ECU and fuel injection, the other way is this:

You need an upper engine mount cradle from a 106GTi/SaxoVTS/R or 1.5D and have that welded into the AX. You'll also need the mount for the engine from one of these cars.

Find an intake manifold from a 1.6 16v 106/Saxo as these are cable throttle. You need to drill and tap the head to make this fit OR you make an adapter plate for the cable throttle to bolt onto the 206 manifold.

Splice the AX loom to fit with the 1.6 16v sensors and then get a chip with a map suitable for a 1.6 16v.

Use your original gearbox and driveshafts with the new engine.
Old 28th September 2021, 15:49   #3
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

If youve a not-quite-poverty spec AX with the pressed steel mount that will fit perfectly round the 16v cambelt cover so you might not need to change the offside mount.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2021, 20:12   #4
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

'Easy' and 'difficult' very much depends how capable/stubborn you are.

If you're happy doing wiring you could use the 206 ECU and just have the immo disabled and fit a remote throttle pedal sensor that goes on the end of the throttle cable; loads of cars and vans have them.

If your AX is a GTi then you can use the tank and pump. If it's a carb or single-point injection version then you'll need a pump capable of supplying enough pressure. (3.5 bar)
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote