Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd December 2014, 15:31   #21
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
these will do 150k+ easy if looked after - there was a guy on CS with a track car with over 174k on the original engine, box and clutch.
Thats good to know. I thought it might last 140k saying that a 2.0 engine in a little Clio is not exactly struggling is it.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:49   #22
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Thats good to know. I thought it might last 140k saying that a 2.0 engine in a little Clio is not exactly struggling is it.
It's a tuned 2.0 engine that normally gets ragged to fuck by owners. Not exactly a big engine that wont have been worked hard either...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:53   #23
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

160ish bhp is not exactly setting the world on fire so its not that greatly tuned. Also with 151 foot pounds of torque its not exactly struggling to pull a car at a smidge over a tonne.
Old 2nd December 2014, 22:46   #24
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Crap pic but will get a daytime one tomorrow.

The difference in engine bay just by spraying the grille...

Old 3rd December 2014, 09:46   #25
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
160ish bhp is not exactly setting the world on fire so its not that greatly tuned. Also with 151 foot pounds of torque its not exactly struggling to pull a car at a smidge over a tonne.
You neglect to factor in where it makes peak torque. From what I've seen, they need to be worked to get them to move and more often than not, people like to make them work... It probably will last that many miles, don't see why it wouldn't, but don't pretend or kid yourself in to thinking it's a hefty underworked engine.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe For This Useful Post:
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:57   #26
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

well its really an evolution of the 1.8 - a stroked version of the williams engine so its not the easiest to get more power out of. It works very well as an everyday car though
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:41   #27
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

You get about 80% of the torque from 2000rpm, they are quite flexible from low revs in my view.
Keep the oil clean at 6k changes or under and dont be excessive with hitting the rev limiter and I dont think you should have many problems other than normal service parts tbh
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 13:54   #28
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

To be honestly I hardly go above 3500rpm most of the time as theres not really any need. Part of me thinks I should have got a cup as I spend most of my time seeing what mpg I can get!

51.8 I think is my best trip so far...
Old 3rd December 2014, 13:56   #29
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
well its really an evolution of the 1.8 - a stroked version of the williams engine so its not the easiest to get more power out of. It works very well as an everyday car though
Agreed. Im only really replacing parts with aftermarkets when they fail as I dont really see as much need to mod it compared to a saxo. It would be nice to be a bit nippier round corners but the trade offf is a fidgety ride so i think im going to leave it on standard sport suspension till that fails too! The Twingo was absolutely fine in sport guise for track work so this shouldnt be any different.
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:20   #30
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

could fit a set of cup springs to it as they'll be basically free, however due to it being an FF it wont have the right hubs to fit the cup suspension uprights
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:34   #31
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Yeah. I sort of bought a sport assuming I was going to put coilovers on it anyway so it wouldnt matter it wasnt a cup but its so comfy and sporty I kind of like it. Just looks too high...
Its easy to get sucked into modifying for the sake of it. I think I should carry on making it truly mint cosmetically and mechanically (which will be done once this exhaust is fitted) and then slowly go from there. Need to wait for the spring/summer and some trips to bedford autodrome to work out what I want next I think. Getting it to 1000kg without affecting its road manners is something im keen on too as it is noticeably heavier than saxo/106's
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:24   #32
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

thats going to be difficult if you want to keep some luxuries plus you have AC, the better interior, heavier glass, etc etc.
A cup would have been a better place to start for that kind of them but then you lose the toys and some of the safety systems
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:00   #33
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Exhaust is fitted! Sounds awesome when driving like a cock. Sounds normal when driving normally. I may have chased a Corsa vxr after he did an asshole overtake...either it wasnt standard or they are significantly faster than a 172 as he mullered me in second and third....and then was pants on the brakes and cornering. Not one to condone naughtiness usually but this was a special occasion
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:02   #34
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
thats going to be difficult if you want to keep some luxuries plus you have AC, the better interior, heavier glass, etc etc.
A cup would have been a better place to start for that kind of them but then you lose the toys and some of the safety systems
All I can think of is fogs, rear windows, rear wiper, spare wheel and seats. I've saved 4kg with the exhaust though

Could have sworn it did mini-pops and thats with a CAT on.
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:18   #35
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Not enough exhausts
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:40   #36
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Not enough exhausts
Will get pics and a gopro video tomorrow...maybe
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:45   #37
simonsaunders
L-plater
Track / Motorsport Prep

simonsaunders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah. I sort of bought a sport assuming I was going to put coilovers on it anyway so it wouldnt matter it wasnt a cup but its so comfy and sporty I kind of like it. Just looks too high...
Its easy to get sucked into modifying for the sake of it. I think I should carry on making it truly mint cosmetically and mechanically (which will be done once this exhaust is fitted) and then slowly go from there. Need to wait for the spring/summer and some trips to bedford autodrome to work out what I want next I think. Getting it to 1000kg without affecting its road manners is something im keen on too as it is noticeably heavier than saxo/106's
There is a much wider range of coilover options for this compared to the 182 Cup. You're in a better place.
simonsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:30   #38
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
There is a much wider range of coilover options for this compared to the 182 Cup. You're in a better place.
Yeah I think if I do go down that road the bilstein b14 kit is the best as a daily driver so I hear. Plus saxp knows how I love a good bit of bilstein. When do you think northloop is gonna unban me if ever lol
Old 4th December 2014, 07:09   #39
simonsaunders
L-plater
Track / Motorsport Prep

simonsaunders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah I think if I do go down that road the bilstein b14 kit is the best as a daily driver so I hear. Plus saxp knows how I love a good bit of bilstein. When do you think northloop is gonna unban me if ever lol
No idea on the banning, ask Gary! Had Billies on my E36. No complaints.
simonsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 16:55   #40
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

In car video of exhaust. Sounds more epic than the video makes it sound!

Watch "Clio 172 ktec/janspeed stealth exhaust" on YouTube
Clio 172 ktec/janspeed stealth exhaust: http://youtu.be/7isuSu1T7uw