Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 21st February 2016, 23:11   #1
DAMSK11
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1, Fiesta Zetec S
DAMSK11 is on a distinguished road
Default Subaru Impreza Wrx build

New car time. I recently sold the bmw and wanted something with a bit more power so i bought a Subaru Impreza Wrx Uk300 in black. The car came with a pipercross cone filter, 3 inch straight through decat exhaust system and some Sti styling such as the spoiler, splitter, fog covers and winglets. I'm planning on making this a fairly big build, probably bigger than any i've done before.

Plans are to get some new wheels which i'm hoping to get some rota gtr's or grids, also planning on having it sit lower on coilovers and get it remapped which should give me around 300bhp. I will also be upgrading all of the bulbs to leds and the headlights will be fitted with hid's soon. Further down the line i'm planning on engine and turbo upgrades. Body work wise, a full respray and a fair amount of custom work. Potentially going to convert it to a 2 door and fit some flared panels to the rear 1/4 to give it a wider look. Should be an interesting project.

So far i've removed the grill and centre console which will be be going gloss black. I smoothed over the cup symbol on the centre console just for a slightly cleaner look. I cut the badge out of the grill and smoothed the area aswell so they should be fitted back in the next few days.

Engine bay might eventually look something like this.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DAMSK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:56   #2
DAMSK11
Established Member

Got the car in after work this evening and had a look under it on a ramp. Looks pretty clean and straight which is a good sign. Also investing in a cheap set of wheels whilst i clean mine up and sell them so I can buy something nicer.

Old 7th March 2016, 22:22   #3
DAMSK11
Established Member

Removed the tint spray from my rear lights over the weekend. Nothing would touch it so they ended up being sanded down and polished up. Came out quite well.

Also removed all of the stickers from the car so it looks a lot cleaner now. Before i respray it all i am thinking of having it look similar to this.

In the coming weeks i'll be taking the headlights apart and spraying the insides black and i'll fit hids at the same time.
Old 8th March 2016, 00:05   #4
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

Nice! Liking the progress, although personally I thought it suited the tinted rear lights.

Is it common to convert these to a FMIC? You'd think there would be a fair amount of heat soak having the intercooler sat on top of the engine.
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:26   #5
mclarenmatt
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1) MK2 VTR 2) Grande Punto Sporting 1.9TDI
mclarenmatt is on a distinguished road

That big ass bonnet scoop must feed it some serious cold air though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mclarenmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 19:20   #6
DAMSK11
Established Member

Bought some new wheels today. 18 inch audi wheels, in desperate need of a refurb though. Plan is to spray these in a ford grey pearl colour and run them for a while. Once i sell my old wheels I will be buying a set of coilovers too. I started refurbishing the new wheels this afternoon.

Old 20th April 2016, 22:27   #7
DAMSK11
Established Member

Probably about time I updated this. Finally got my wheels finished and fitted.

Also cleaned up the intercooler reservoir tank and sprayed it silver.

Still planning a respray in white come summer. Next on the shopping list is a set of coilovers. Come summer i will probably change the wheels for some rotas or some jr11's because i'm not over keen on these ones.
Old 21st April 2016, 09:09   #8
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't be painting it white if it was mine, I live next to Bradford and there is nothing but white subaru's and they don't look that nice tbh.
Old 4th May 2016, 20:43   #9
DAMSK11
Established Member

Sprayed the whole underside of the car in stonechip the other day to clean it up and give it a bit of protection from rust. Also started making up a template for a diffuser for the rear bumper. I'm making the template out of cardboard and then either covering it with fibreglass and adding fins or transferring the template to a sheet of plastic. Early days yet so don't judge on what it looks like at the moment...

This is what it should look something like when its done

The Following User Says Thank You to DAMSK11 For This Useful Post:
Old 4th May 2016, 22:11   #10
stevo1600
Established Member

Car(s): cammed 106 flatty
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stevo1600 is on a distinguished road

Very nice subie dude, How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Ill hopefully be buying one this year - same shape as yours to as i think there the best looking.

Those audi wheels suit it imo, even more so when you lower it and maybe chuck a set of spacers on to give it that wider look.
stevo1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 22:43   #11
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Looking smart, quite like the audi wheels on it, what stonechip did you use if you don't mind me asking? need some for the saxo
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 18:36   #12
DAMSK11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte View Post
Looking smart, quite like the audi wheels on it, what stonechip did you use if you don't mind me asking? need some for the saxo

Just used hammerite stonechip in a can from wilco. It comes in a red tin but you need the gun attachment to use it
Old 14th May 2016, 20:16   #13
DAMSK11
Established Member

Sprayed the inserts of my headlights black today.

Pictures to come of the lights back together again.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:48   #14
DAMSK11
Established Member

Made a bit more progress on the diffuser lately. Cut around the template on a piece of perspex and started cutting it around and bending it to fit the bumper properly. Needs a lot more shaping yet but i'll be starting on the fins soon so I can fibreglass everything at once.

Old 30th June 2016, 22:23   #15
DAMSK11
Established Member

Update time. Bought a set of coilovers the other day so I fitted those this evening. I still need to adjust them to get it sitting lower but they're fitted atleast.

I haven't really got any pictures of them fitted yet because there isn't much difference in height at the moment. I'll get them adjusted properly in the next week or so and then i'll get them set up and sort out the tracking etc.

Also bought some hella supertones (knock offs) which i'll be fitting tomorrow hopefully.

Also the big news is that i'm hoping to get the car in for paint next week. Full respray in white. The horns will also go from red to white when it gets sprayed.

Stay tuned.
Old 6th July 2016, 18:12   #16
DAMSK11
Established Member

Started preparing the car for paint this week, and got my coilovers adjusted to a better height, still not keen on the gap at the front but its already difficult to get on my driveway..

Anyway. Started repairing the damage to the rear bumper that the car came with and a dink in the door from someone in a carpark presumably. Also began stripping some bits and pieces off, getting them ready for paint. Spoiler is off, as are all the fancy bits on the front bumper, also removed the boot lock which will be smoothed along with the side repeaters which will eventually be relocated to the wing mirrors in the form of led's I imagine. Also made a bracket up for the new horns and resprayed the wiper arms to freshen them up a bit. I also took the horns apart so they can be sprayed from red to white along with the rest of the car. Should hopefully be heading in for paint late this week.

Old 7th July 2016, 22:17   #17
DAMSK11
Established Member

Made some more progress on the car today, got the doors off so they're ready to be rubbed down and sprayed. Also welded up the lock in the boot and the side repeater holes which have also been filled up. Should be spraying the door shuts and inner doors tomorrow with any luck ready for the rest to be done over the weekend.

Old 14th July 2016, 21:57   #18
DAMSK11
Established Member

BIG update time.

The car is now sprayed. Got it in on Tuesday and finished the paint this evening. It will be polished up and will come out tomorrow. Means tomorrow evening will be filled with rebuilding it with all the trims etc.
I went for gloss black on the trims between and above the doors. Mirrors will come off in the next couple of weekends and be sprayed gloss black with white caps. Spoiler and fog covers still need to be sprayed, as do the supertones. All of which will hopefully be done this weekend.

Few pictures

Old 16th July 2016, 16:05   #19
DAMSK11
Established Member

She's home. Putting it all together over the weekend and then just waiting for the other bits to be sprayed. The colour is very.. Bright..

More pictures soon.
Old 16th July 2016, 16:08   #20
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Not impressed, looks the same as every other Subaru in Bradford now, needs something extra