Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 24th August 2014, 19:38   #1
tiger1983
Regular Poster

tiger1983 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie to probably the most useful saxo forum I've found!

As the title says I'm new but have been using the forum for information alot recently.

Anyway I live in West Sussex, I'm not new to the saxo as I used to have a VTR a few years back but sadly that met it's match on wet diesel and a windy road surrounded by walls. I was gutted to lose it but now after about 10 years I've been given a 1.1 (need to get the insurance back down after not driving for the past 6 years).

No doubt I'll be using the forum quite a bit once the car is MOT'd again, just failed on a split intermediate pipe from cat and a barely legal tyre so once that's sorted I'll be looking over the car properly as I'm sure the head gasket has gone aswell. For now I'll just be floating around the forum, getting used to where things are between everything else.
tiger1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 19:57   #2
chompy
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Because racecar
chompy is on a distinguished road

Yellow
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 22:02   #3
tiger1983
Regular Poster

Red haha
Old 24th August 2014, 22:45   #4
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1983 View Post
As the title says I'm new but have been using the forum for information alot recently.

Anyway I live in West Sussex, I'm not new to the saxo as I used to have a VTR a few years back but sadly that met it's match on wet diesel and a windy road surrounded by walls. I was gutted to lose it but now after about 10 years I've been given a 1.1 (need to get the insurance back down after not driving for the past 6 years).

No doubt I'll be using the forum quite a bit once the car is MOT'd again, just failed on a split intermediate pipe from cat and a barely legal tyre so once that's sorted I'll be looking over the car properly as I'm sure the head gasket has gone aswell. For now I'll just be floating around the forum, getting used to where things are between everything else.
Welcome to the forums fella. Id try looking at go skippy insurance one of the cheapest going for young mid and old age drivers just done my 2nd year with the mad re new police is 10 months so get 2 month free and early no claims bonus
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 22:55   #5
tiger1983
Regular Poster

My main problem with the insurance is the 6 year gap from driving, it resets the no claims etc so it's like starting as a new driver instead of taking into consideration that I've been driving for 12 years. Managed to get it cheap through adrian flux as they had me on record for the VTR still but also discounted it when they asked about previous driving Exp and finding that I went from the VTR to an m3 and drove alot of high value cars off the container ships so managed to swindle a further £200 discount from them don't actually want to keep the 1.1 I've been given but it helps knock the insurance down next year for something bigger.....If it lasts that long
Old 30th August 2014, 16:24   #6
DAN_ADRIANFLUX
L-plater

DAN_ADRIANFLUX is infamous around these parts

Hi,
Glad we could help out with insurance.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN_ADRIANFLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 22:08   #7
tiger1983
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_ADRIANFLUX View Post
Hi,
Glad we could help out with insurance.
Regards,
Dan.
The 2 times I've used adrian flux since passing my test in 2002 they've always done what they could to be the cheapest around, got my eye on 2 other cars at the moment so may be calling again soon if finances and the mrs allow me to buy atleast 1 of them
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:06   #8
edbar1
L-plater

Car(s): C2 GT Track Car And A C2 GT Daily
edbar1 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum and good luck
edbar1 is offline   Reply With Quote