Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd March 2009, 22:30   #181
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Not so much of an update but........

My daily driver (VTS) sold tonight so until i find a new car i will be using the xsi as my everyday car So tomorrow i will be swapping insurance to the xsi and also sorting out the tax.

This should be an experience for the next few weeks. Stripped, buckets, no sterio. group n mounts!

Least this will hopefully highlight any issues before i get the car near a track

Ste
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:25   #182
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgersport View Post
Not so much of an update but........

My daily driver (VTS) sold tonight so until i find a new car i will be using the xsi as my everyday car So tomorrow i will be swapping insurance to the xsi and also sorting out the tax.

This should be an experience for the next few weeks. Stripped, buckets, no sterio. group n mounts!

Least this will hopefully highlight any issues before i get the car near a track

Ste
Your right Ste, that could work out quite well actualy, also gives you the chance to get used to the engine / handling / feel of the car before you even go near a track

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:18   #183
piggy123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 XSi 1360cc
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
piggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to all

looking good so far

XSi's are a lot of fun and that gearbox is brilliant, kinda needs a 6th gear though lol
Hyper twat with a beard lol
SO TRUE
piggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:53   #184
Badgersport
Established Member

Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Your right Ste, that could work out quite well actualy, also gives you the chance to get used to the engine / handling / feel of the car before you even go near a track
Exactly Josh. Least i will learn how the car handles etc. Be better if it breaks before it gets on the track. Could be nice cheap motoring for a month till i find a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy123 View Post
looking good so far

XSi's are a lot of fun and that gearbox is brilliant, kinda needs a 6th gear though lol
Cheers Sam! I have only driven this 15 miles so pretty excited for its first proper drive. I love the gearbox feels so much closer than the vts box was. Will have to take the car on a blast down the mway and watch the xsi scream!!

Just noticed your progress thread, will have a look now.

Ste
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:08   #185
piggy123
Established Member

piggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to allpiggy123 is a name known to all

lol yeh
shoot down this way one day when the weathers better and our cars are more complete
SO TRUE
Old 5th March 2009, 00:25   #186
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
lol yeh
shoot down this way one day when the weathers better and our cars are more complete
I will have to come down one of the days and get some pics of both the miami xsi's!!

Well today was the first day for the xsi on the road. Overall it went well, have covered around 60miles. But has/had highlighted a few issues. First being the front calipers were sticking and after a 15 mile drive the discs were glowing red and the caliper paint had melted!!!! woops!

So got the wheels off and free'd the calipers up and they are spot on now. Also on the rear because i am running 175/65/R14 tyres instead of the original 175/60/R14 tyres and added with it being quite low the NSR tyre has been catching on the bumper bracket so i will look at removing the brackets tomorrow.

The cars so fun to drive but i really don't know how long i will be able to last with it being so stripped.

Will try and get some upto date pics with the car not on my drive!

Ste
Old 5th March 2009, 10:52   #187
piggy123
Established Member

with a box like it has it just needs to be stripped and a pugsport fitted
they sounds the nuts
SO TRUE
Old 10th March 2009, 11:42   #188
Badgersport
Established Member

Well the car lasted under a week until it broke! I have been driving it since Wednesday and on friday it started jumping in reverse, almost like a tooth was missing on the diff. So i was all set to remove the gearbox Yesterday to see what was going on inside. but i thought i would check the usuals Engine/Gearbox mounts tight. Then i checked play in the driveshafts and yes. The driver side driveshaft was banjo'd. I removed the shaft and it dropped to bits from the inner cv joint. So i have just ordered a new shaft which will be here on Thursday.

Car broke! I don't like french cars!

Also i have got a joke tax disk holder (Anyone easily offended look away ......NOW)

Ste
Old 10th March 2009, 12:04   #189
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Nice Ste - loving the tax holder have seen them before!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
Old 10th March 2009, 22:25   #190
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Nice Ste - loving the tax holder have seen them before!
Cheers Josh. Its a great little car! Least i am finding the faults out now while i have chance to replace and fix them.

Haha as soon as i saw it i bought it. Just a bit of a joke.

Will be rolling on Tim_W's vtr wheels once the new shaft is on. I want to see the difference between grip using the wider tyres with lower profile. As apposed to my balloon tyres.

Ste
Old 12th March 2009, 22:43   #191
Badgersport
Established Member

Well i got a few jobs done on the car today.

Firstly my driveshaft was delivered at 9a.m this morning as promised. Spot on! So got that fitted straight away.

Old vs new

Then i decided to fit the vtr wheels i borrowed off Tim_W which was keeping the rear of the car firmly on the ground

I also cracked on with another mod i started this week.

Hmmm something missing from here

Yes i have decided to relocate the battery to behind the passanger seat (I am waiting to buy a dry sell battery)

I have also been removing any excess brackets i didn't need

Thats all for now!

Ste
Old 19th March 2009, 21:24   #192
Badgersport
Established Member

Well after putting the new driveshaft on, the juddering returned shortly. So i removed the gearbox and clutch Yesterday and found the fault but decided to remove the gearbox to check the clutch for any damage. I got the car back together and as it was nice today i gave the car a quick clean and got a few pics:

Thats all for now.

Ste

Last edited by Badgersport; 19th March 2009 at 21:29.
Badgersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 22:00   #193
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

looking good as allways ste
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 23:36   #194
tazmania_0345
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo/1.1 X - Dead Saxo/1.4 Westcoast - Dead Saxo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
tazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant future

looking good ste
tazmania_0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 00:19   #195
piggy123
Established Member

looking very good ste
SO TRUE
Old 20th March 2009, 21:26   #196
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
looking good as allways ste
Cheers Alex man. Its starting to get there! And i will be in a job by April so i can start buying stuff. And get on track!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmania_0345 View Post
looking good ste
Thanks Taz, I should pop round sometime and take you for a spin

Quote:
looking very good ste
Thats Sam! Miami blue ftw! Came up quite well i think.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:58   #197
tazmania_0345
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo/1.1 X - Dead Saxo/1.4 Westcoast - Dead Saxo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
tazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Thanks Taz, I should pop round sometime and take you for a spin

yea mate defo you know where i live lol on another note you heard off ant
tazmania_0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 00:42   #198
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Ste, you and Sam should go for a photoshoot mate! Looking mint, and xsi's are fast as fook im told as well!

Old 22nd March 2009, 18:11   #199
piggy123
Established Member

ste will need to help me whore my car up more as after 3 washes it was still dirty
monday is a day to continue whoring
SO TRUE
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:01   #200
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Cheers Alex man. Its starting to get there! And i will be in a job by April so i can start buying stuff. And get on track!!!
hopefully ill be in a similar situation (later april i think) so i may see you on a few days
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote