Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 12th January 2021, 13:57   #1
TomUK

TomUK is on a distinguished road
Default Fault code query

Saxo Desire, year 2000, 1ltr. petrol.
Running rough (misfiring) three months ago. MIL warning light came on. New set of plugs fitted. Old set been in for almost 20 years. Misfiring stopped. Presumably cured. Obviously warning light stayed on. Needed cancelling.
Now I have a Fault Code Reader, and the ability to cancel the light.
OBD showed three fault codes. P0300 (multiple cylinder misfire), possibly the plug problem which has been addressed, or maybe Coil Pack failure, we will see.
The second code was P0711, (Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor). Not sure about that one. Finally the third code was P1B00. I can find no information about this code. No code lists show a code with a capital B in them. I was able to erase the first two using the code reader, but the B code doesn't react.
Anybody know what a code with a B signifies?
TomUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2021, 11:43   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Step 1: open google

Step 2: type fault code

Step 3: press enter

https://www.google.com/search?q=p071...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Also, my own OBD2 fault reader came with a book featuring the list of all fault codes.

Last edited by Manu; 28th January 2021 at 11:45.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2021, 15:45   #3
TomUK

TomUK is on a distinguished road

My code reader also came with a book of codes, but it doesn't give any codes containing a letter B. Googling provides various explanations, including high speed battery charger use, etc.
TomUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2021, 13:57   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I'd have to add that since I went Audi, I almost exclusively use VCDS, so I don't really get such issues anymore.

I kept a little OBD2 box in case I need to quick diagnose or erase some faults.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote