Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 4th January 2014, 10:12   #41
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

As above get the cradle off the VTS before its scrapped. Handy to have one already at your disposal, back when I needed to put one on my Saxo it took me ages to find someone willing to remove one and send it to me.
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 12th January 2014, 18:37   #42
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Update time! I've done some more bits.

First off, I drilled the VTS engine mount cradle off the VTS shell. Holy fucking shit, no wonder they don't come up for sale, 19 spot welds to drill out for one poxy little bracket. At least I now have it, so I can use it on the 106 in conjunction with a new VibraTechnics mount.

Today was a sort of 'interior / shell' day. MuZiZZle rocked up like a bawss to help out, and also lent me basically all of his garage giblets, a heatgun, drill, rivetizer, etc etc. He's quite canny for such a tall ugly bastard with a hideous personality.

I'm massively cramped for space, so first of all was a garage organise and push the 106 out into daylight. I'm really pleased with the condition of the shell, I've got access to all the hidden bits now and it's in really good order, with only a few bits needing slight attention. Not bad for 18 years old.

The orangey dirty bits are water coverage, the water pump gave out on the old engine and sprayed water about, so once I've had a chance to clean that off, it's basically rust free. The passenger side inner wing is slightly crusty around some of the loom holes, so I'm going to patch that, and at the same time the drivers side as I'm going to relocate the washer bottle I think.

The passenger side bumper / wing bracket also suffers from some surface rust, if it doesn't clean up well I think I'll fab up some replacements and possibly aerocatch the bumper on.

With the garage tidied and some order almost restored, it was time to tackle the interior and finish removing the 106 loom. What a job! The dashboard in a 106 ph1 is held in with 13,811 bolts, 5 of which are accessible. When we eventually got it out, the interior went on a diet!

In total we removed 36.1kg of weight from the car today, in the form of:

Headlining - 1.3kg
Underfloor / quarter panel / rear light foam padding - 2.4kg
Behind dash sound deadening foam - 6kg
Rear Seat Backs with bracket - 9kg
A Trims, boot plastics, radio and assorted fixings - 3.2kg
Rear Seatbelts, more nuts and bolts - 3.6kg
Rear Shelf - 2.2kg
Standard Exhaust replaced with PugSport Decat - 2.7kg saved
Rear doorcards - 1.9kg
Carbon Canister Setup - 0.8kg
Tar from floorpan - 3.0kg

The headlining was a nightmare! Peugeot apparently use "supermegahyperbond" to stick it to the roof skin, and I thought we were going to pull the roof in on itself trying to remove it!

With the interior trim out of the way, we set to work with the heatgun and scraper removing the tar padding / sound deadening from the floorpan

After getting the majority of the tar out with the heatgun, we set at the remaining bits with tardis. In hindsight we should have pushed it back out the garage from some fresh air, -5 years for toxic fumezzzz.

Tardis is amazing like, literally wipe away the tar!

That left us with a bare shell pretty much!

The next planned attack is to clean up the bay and inner wings, weld in the bracket for the VTS engine mounts, and paint the bay up, then paint the interior. Then it's on to fitting up the VTS loom and starting to get the dash back in, followed by much puzzlement as to why nothing works!
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 20:14   #43
Brendanp
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Brendan is on a distinguished road

I found my dash a real pain to get out! Getting it back in was even worse as the wiring loom mounts to the dash not the firewall. Not looking forward to redoing it

I hope to try and get all the sound deadening out of mine but needs to come off the road soon! I'll be following this purely because it's another black S1
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 21:02   #44
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

I'm awesome me man!

F me though! The roof! It's like tinfoil!!!
Old 12th January 2014, 21:19   #45
bobertmate
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1997 Amazon Green VTS
bobertmate is on a distinguished road

Love this, if my saxo is too rusty i shall be doing the same to my Red XN Plus lol

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=421815
bobertmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 15:05   #46
bobertmate
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Saxo is too rusty, so i am going to fit everything from my VTR onto the S1. Got a cradle ready too and interior and engine loom and everything else i need. Slightly upset about the saxo, but the 106 is going to be awesome! s1 fwiennnnnndddddddd

Old 28th January 2014, 15:13   #47
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobertmate View Post
Saxo is too rusty, so i am going to fit everything from my VTR onto the S1. Got a cradle ready too and interior and engine loom and everything else i need. Slightly upset about the saxo, but the 106 is going to be awesome! s1 fwiennnnnndddddddd
Good call my friend, red ones are nearly as fast as the black ones
Old 28th January 2014, 15:15   #48
bobertmate
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Good call my friend, red ones are nearly as fast as the black ones

Yeah nearly haha

Old 3rd March 2014, 16:24   #49
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

needs updating
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:41   #50
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post

needs updating
He set fire to his crotch
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:45   #51
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Unfortunately that part is true.

I have however successfully welded in a VTS engine mount cradle.

As a downside, I may have experienced a pleasant warming sensation while doing so, which upon removing the welding mask turned out to be my strides, well ablaze.

I'll sort some pics soon, it's got a dash again, and a wiring loom, and a satchshift, and a VTS fuel tank and pump, and VTS fuel and return lines.
Old 17th March 2014, 12:27   #52
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Sexy update-o-rama time.

I've done some things, but I need to do more things. Swings and roundabouts innit.

I welded a VTS engine mount cradle into the 106 successfully, at some point during this weld-fest a rogue spark nestled itself in the crotch of my jeans and set fire to my gentlemen vegetables. Both were reasonably successful. I've primed and painted it, and it even looks like it's meant to be there.

Pretty good like, I'm shit so I was fairly impressed with myself, even moreso when I'd extinguished my flaming testicles. I've also lashed in the satchshift unit and added the comically titled strengthening braces for the bottom arm mounts, which are made from high tensile tin foil.

Also I binned the 106 steering column off, and the brake servo and pedal box:

These have been replaced with a VTS clutch cable and brake pedal setup, a yet to be decided M/C, a VTS throttle cable and a dash of hope. I made a quick list of important things keeping the car from being roadworthy, namely a rear beam, some brakes, those sort of niceties, and then bought some sweet seats instead. It's my aim to give this hammer on track, but also drive it there happily, and have a b-road blaster sort of element, it's not aiming to be an all out no-compromise track machine.

So, some monies later:

I also ordered some low-height subframey goodness from JPR Developments. These obviously didn't fit the broad seat base of the Recaro, so they went back and I bought normal height subframey goodness from JPR Developments. I pondered fitting them, and remembered that the wife is 3ft 2, so a slider would be needed. During a rare moment of genius I promptly ordered an OMP slider for my Recaro seats from JJC Race and Rally. For some unexplained reason it didn't fit, so I sent that back as well and then ordered a Recaro slider for my Recaro Seats.

Finally I grabbed some harnesses off Blackie_2k5. They're still being de-contamined for the bad aids, but they should be sweet.

Feeling chuffed, I started to entertain thoughts of fitting them to the car, rather than sitting in them in the spare room making 'brmm' noises. I remembered at this point I'd sort of taken everything out of the car a bit, which spoiled my fun, so a pause was in order while I re-loomed the interior of the car, fitted the VTS ignition switch, barrel, refitted the heater matrix, fuel lines, fuseboxes, and then the dashboard, shroud, interior satchshift bits and VTS dials. Pow maddaf***er:

Now I could pop the seats in, so I did that yesterday, they look alright, and they're super comfy. The driving position is pretty nice for me, and it's starting to feel like it's almost coming together a bit.

Other progress is the VTS fuel tank and pump in there, I need to connect the filter up tonight and then that's sorted and good to go, at which point I can properly turn my attention to sorting out brakes and suspension, and then get the drivetrain back in it.

I'll sort out a "To-Do" list shortly I think, give me some sort of strategic plan type affair. Pffffffft.
Old 17th March 2014, 17:23   #53
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

It's no VTS, also it needs lowering, pm Prickle
Old 17th March 2014, 20:56   #54
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

Looks shit to be fair.

lol, only joking looks pretty sweet. You going for sleeper look on the outside?
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan-Subtle For This Useful Post:
Old 17th March 2014, 22:02   #55
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Subtle View Post
Looks shit to be fair.
You do!
The Following User Says Thank You to D4MJT For This Useful Post:
Old 17th March 2014, 22:04   #56
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Looks shit to be fair.

lol, only joking looks pretty sweet. You going for sleeper look on the outside?
I'm having a bit of a mare tbh.

14" track rubber is a LOT cheaper.

That said, I don't have a decent set of 14's, or track rubber.

I do have a set of 15"s, and a set of Brembo's.

I honestly can't work out where to go. I've bought a set of 266 calipers, and I'm tempted to go that way, with 14" rubber and then even possibly Pug OEM wheel trims, but it's also tempting to go 15" and Brembo. Argh.
Old 17th March 2014, 22:05   #57
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

Stick with the 266's and then get oem steel wheels with some hubcaps, got to be done for shits and giggles for when you pass something alot more expensive on track.

Alternatively could go 15 inch and put on some c5 lightweight steels.

Last edited by Dan-Subtle; 17th March 2014 at 22:08.
Old 17th March 2014, 22:06   #58
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Lol gota love white writing.

You going sleeper look on the outside and then a couple of electric superchargers under the bonnet?
Read dem' secondary replies, and bitch please.

I'm using desk fans hooked up to my inductionzzzzzzz
Old 17th March 2014, 22:10   #59
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Read dem' secondary replies, and bitch please.

I'm using desk fans hooked up to my inductionzzzzzzz
Damn yo, got in before the super ninja edit.

Desk fans sound sweeeet, what about one of demz electric dump valves to impress da ladies.

Last edited by Dan-Subtle; 17th March 2014 at 22:12.
Old 17th March 2014, 22:16   #60
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Stick with the 266's and then get oem steel wheels with some hubcaps, got to be done for shits and giggles for when you pass something alot more expensive on track.

Alternatively could go 15 inch and put on some c5 lightweight steels.
If I was staying 15" I've got VTS rims, but I think I'd prefer to go 14".

Argh.

FML Man.