Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 11th November 2009, 08:55   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default Wifi issues

Interweb went tits up on Monday night. No connectivity via wifi nor via hard wired ethernet. All lights on the router show all as normal.

Happen to have a spare brand new router so i swap it out and set it up. I have DSL light, its showing as connected to the internet and all should be fine however i still have no connectivity via hard wire and if i try to join the wifi "unable to join"

Im with madasafish and spend an hour with their tech support who to be fair are pretty decent. Faff about changing DNS IP's etc... and now I can connect via hardwired ethernet. Still no joy with the wifi though which im finding a bit strange. Its the same on both routers so i find a fault with the wifi broadcasting to be a bit strange.

I gave up after an hour on the phone so will be picking it up again with them tonight however im looking for suggestions to try before skining myself 11 quid a minute on the phone again

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 12:49   #2
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

Can you get to the router config?
Might be worth changing the channel to rule out interference from some other appliance.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:59   #3
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Yes can get in. I'll set it to 11 and try. Any othe volunteers before I get back onto the phone
Old 11th November 2009, 19:19   #4
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Can you get to the router config?
Might be worth changing the channel to rule out interference from some other appliance.
You sir can have my thanks.

Can't beleive I didn't think of that, had to do it years ago on another router

yay

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:24   #5
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

thats the problem with most routers, they all use the same channel by default and as wireless becomes more popular you get more interference.