Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 20th August 2009, 11:17   #1
machevelli7777
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VTR MK1 (SOLD)
machevelli7777 is on a distinguished road
Default Virgin Broadband Problems

Having alot of issues with connection, running router, and modem. On Wireless laptop, and cable Desktop. Ive checked router all lights are on, and what supposed to be on. Reset router and modem many of times.

Connection keeps tripping out like every 10 mins.

Anyone having any problems with Virgin's Broadband?

Running Vista x64 (Home Premium), 10mb Broadband

Thanks
Old 20th August 2009, 17:38   #2
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

When you say "tripping out", what exactly happens?
Old 20th August 2009, 19:50   #3
machevelli7777
Established Member
South East Region Member

Like as if ive pulled the cable out and put it in again. So its connected then not.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:33   #4
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Tried it without using the router? I'd do that first then if it still happens you know it's not a setting/fault with the router.
Old 21st August 2009, 03:58   #5
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!
Default Re: Virgin Broadband Problems

Past couple of days i've had the same problem, I belive they're upgrading the network / docsis as the "usual" .cm configs have all changed.

Glad it's not just me!
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 08:40   #6
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

May sound daft but have you tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in again?
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 09:45   #7
machevelli7777
Established Member
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
May sound daft but have you tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in again?
Yes mate ive tried all that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-88 View Post
Past couple of days i've had the same problem, I belive they're upgrading the network / docsis as the "usual" .cm configs have all changed.

Glad it's not just me!
Yea?? They said nothing to me about that. If it is maybe its a matter of time. Im on the verge of reformatting my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Tried it without using the router? I'd do that first then if it still happens you know it's not a setting/fault with the router.
Yea ive tried that mate. Rang them a few times the said they will send some settings, but that did nothing to.
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:12   #8
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machevelli7777 View Post
Yea?? They said nothing to me about that. If it is maybe its a matter of time. Im on the verge of reformatting my system.
They probably didn't tell you even though it says unlimited internet, it actually halves your connection if you download more than 3GB in peak hours, yet they claim it's fully unlimited ... It's just bullshit trying to blame the user.

The upgrade in my area has been completed, for anyone interested or knows that Sigma is, then heres the new NTL PURE area Config file for 20mb down / 1mb up ... : L980632d1f6adeee6.cm

Have no idea why they try and secure it, they just can't, because the network is like a spaghetti junction with no real control.
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:25   #9
machevelli7777
Established Member
South East Region Member

No real control you got that right!!

Ill be getting my very own copy of Windows 7 Pro tomoz!! Wahoo!! So im gona reformat anyways, if it doesnt work then, then ill have a good reason to complain. Was watching united play earlier, see owen score and then it cut off i was like nooooooo! We won anyways so all was good!

Anyways, seems to be ok, IE8 doesnt really respond unitl the PC is on for half hour or so. So ive been using Firefox, alot of people like it, i just like what im used to.

Hope fully ill sort this out, or hopefully the upgrade has been completed!

Cheers all
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:30   #10
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Had W7 from Beta to RTM

If it's still the same, check the SNR on your line by going into your modem's in-built webpage, should be anywhere between -12 and +12 for best connection really.

Failing that and they wont fix, tell them you're going to cancel, buy a Sigma modem, EuroVOX and use Skype phone...

That'll soon fuck them off, their network is soo shit they don't even know people are whoring the speed for free
Old 24th August 2009, 21:31   #11
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

where could i locate this sigma modem and information about it? for education purposes
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:31   #12
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

PM'd link ...