Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 12th February 2010, 19:14   #1
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo furio
Rob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Buying a tv this week, need bit of advice!

hi, im buying myself an lcd tv this week. 42"+ in size. at around £5-650. can someone explain to me the Hz of a tv. some say 200Hz and some at 50Hz. What would be an acceptable ammount.
Thanks Rob
Rob_Furio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:33   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

your best bet is to get a tele with the highest hz which is a multiple of 24.

this is because most dvds/blu rays you buy are playable at 24 fps, when you buy a tele with a hz rate which isnt a multiple of 24 then the tele/dvd player has to make up for it, some times by playing 1 frame 3 times and then another frame 4 times meaning an unnatural play back!

thats all i know about teles!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:57   #3
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

google avforums and read some reviews/advice

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:12   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

avforums is the best

have a look at the gallery too lol, some mad people with a lot of money

Whatever it is get an ambilight though there just different and make a better viewing pleasure, scott knows

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:16   #5
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

The more Hz the better afaik.

It took me a while to find the last TV I was asked to get. In the end I settled for a Panasonic 42" G15 model iirc.

My attitude has always been buy the best you can at the time a close to your budget as possible.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:19   #6
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Higher refresh rate isn't always better. You can get a better more natural progression on tv/dvd/bluray using a 100hz tv than one with 200hz

I'd concentrate more on which has the better picture quality than facts and figures, trust me you will be amazed at the difference between the range of TV's in your price range
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:28   #7
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo furio
Rob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the help guys. i was told that i need a high Hz rating for watching things like football, horse racing extra as there is alot of movement on the screen. Is that correct?
Rob_Furio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 20:32   #8
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Furio7 View Post
thanks for the help guys. i was told that i need a high Hz rating for watching things like football, horse racing extra as there is alot of movement on the screen. Is that correct?
In theory yes. If you have 2 identical tvs with different refresh rates you will notice a difference but don't be led into the "higher number" game.

Seriously, the best test is to watch a few being demonstrated and don't be mislet by facts and figures
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 21:30   #9
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
In theory yes. If you have 2 identical tvs with different refresh rates you will notice a difference but don't be led into the "higher number" game.

Seriously, the best test is to watch a few being demonstrated and don't be mislet by facts and figures
where would you do this though?

in most shops i have been to the set up of the televisions make them all look terrible!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 21:50   #10
admad
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MR2 Turbo, impreza sti
admad is on a distinguished road

i work with allsorts of tv's everyday

imo panasonic have the best pic quality and the most reliable. What ever you do dont buy a sony

Lg, pioneer, Philips, samasung and jvc arent bad. If you can find a Loewe tv for that money these are top quality but can be very very expensive. although i was offered a lasy year model 42" for £500 notes which was a bargain

pm me if you want more info

Last edited by admad; 12th February 2010 at 22:04.
admad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 21:52   #11
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by admad View Post
i work with allsorts of tv's everyday

imo panasonic have the best pic quality and the most reliable. What ever you do dont buy a sony

Lg, samasung and jvc arent bad. If you can find a Loewe tv for that money these are top quality but can be very very expensive. although i was offered a lasy year model 42" for £500 notes which was a bargain

pm me if you want more info
You missed off pioneer
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 21:59   #12
admad
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MR2 Turbo, impreza sti
admad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
You missed off pioneer
good point well spotted lol there good too

and they do a cinema sized one haha
admad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 15:31   #13
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

got a really good one on tuesday (£700) LG 42" 200Mhz true motion and the AV Forum talks very highly of it.
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 23:42   #14
crossy77
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2000 Reg 1.4 Saxo SX
crossy77 is on a distinguished road

my tv i brought a week ago was £375 from currys 36" samsung tbh i thought it was a steal as all the others were £400 +
crossy77 is offline   Reply With Quote