Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st March 2010, 17:50   #1
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black Furio, Amazon Green VT-S Road Beast
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tufty is on a distinguished road
Default Facebook

Okay guys, i have a slight issue, there is someone on facebook who is making up profiles similer to my dads friends and he is tagging them in pictures (copy and pasted from there profiles) with nasty comments etc....

He has not made a copy of my dads other facebook account which is business related. The knock on effect at the moment is small but could potentially be massive.

I have reported it to facebook and there seems to be no action taken...

This person has tried adding me as a friend (with my dads lookalike profile) This would then open up a window for him to copy my profile and cause me problems.

Is there anything you guys can suggest? Is there anyway of getting an ip address and pin pointing this person?

I would be even willing to pay cash for some good information...

Sorry if you cannot understand this, its kind of hard to explain over text talk.

Thanks

Jason
Old 1st March 2010, 18:11   #2
Phsyco_Paff
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Phsyco_Paff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
Okay guys, i have a slight issue, there is someone on facebook who is making up profiles similer to my dads friends and he is tagging them in pictures (copy and pasted from there profiles) with nasty comments etc....

He has not made a copy of my dads other facebook account which is business related. The knock on effect at the moment is small but could potentially be massive.

I have reported it to facebook and there seems to be no action taken...

This person has tried adding me as a friend (with my dads lookalike profile) This would then open up a window for him to copy my profile and cause me problems.

Is there anything you guys can suggest? Is there anyway of getting an ip address and pin pointing this person?

I would be even willing to pay cash for some good information...

Sorry if you cannot understand this, its kind of hard to explain over text talk.

Thanks

Jason
I think (not sure) if you click on his profile the adress bar will have his facebook profile number in it this is what you need to give to facebook mods

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...=VTS+POSI+BLUE
Phsyco_Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:13   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

you can go to the police over things such as this.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:23   #4
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black Furio, Amazon Green VT-S Road Beast
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tufty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
you can go to the police over things such as this.
Yeah the problem with that is my dad no longer lives in this country....
Old 1st March 2010, 19:30   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Face book is like youtube and ebay where they tend not to act unless they get many complaints from the general public. What you want to do is get your farthers company to complain directly or if you have several friend on facebook you trust get them all to complain for you. If the person is form the UK you farther can also still complain to the UK police. They may try and fob you off but its still worth a phonecall.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 22:13   #6
saunders
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiat Seicento, MK2 Furio 2000 X, Pug 206
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!

Post details up here and get members of this forum to complain too!
You need to make as much of a fuss as possible, as they are sure to receive lots of complaints like this. The louder you shout the more chance they will do something.

However like already said claim it is damaging the business image ect and go down that route. The problem with facebook is that people can just set up a new account and can mask who they really are