Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 13th February 2013, 15:26   #1
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road
Default iphone what the funk

I bought my mrs an iphone 4 from a girl at work whos parents had upgraded their business contracts, 100% wiped, not a mark on it at all £100. bargain.

only problem was that it was locked, and so i set about jailbreaking it as i had heard this would network unlock the phone also, so i downloaded redsn0w and set about it, a simple process i was told and anyone can do it.

all seemed well, it rebooted as i was told it would etc, but there was no redsn0w or cydia, or infact anything that would say the phone was jailbroken.

i left it as it was, defeated, as nothing i would do would "succesfully" jailbreak it, fast forward a week after she had returned from italy visiting her family and now the phone is unlocked, but NOTHING works, {browser, maps, calender, mail}

i connected it up to the pc again but this time i downloaded a program called evasi0n, when i connect it using that it tells me that the phone IS jailbroken, and it is not recommended to use this tool to jailbreak it, ignoring that message and trying the program anyway does nothing whatsoever and evasi0n just gets stuck immediately.

so i connected it to itunes in the hope of restoring it, NOTHING that doesnt work either ! i am literally so fucked off with it its untrue and certainly has done nothing in favour of me starting to like iphones.

i know thats long winded and a bit hard to read but, before the phone goes through the window and i get her a galaxy or something, is there anything else i can try?!

Matt

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 15:28   #2
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
Ross is on a distinguished road

have you put the phone in DFU mode and tried a restore?
Old 13th February 2013, 15:35   #3
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

yes mate, i have tried every concievable forum post and suggestion i could find, but its getting me nowhere, and this italian keyboard is pissing me off even more !!!!

Old 13th February 2013, 15:37   #4
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

just tried evasi0n again, it is now telling me i am "semi tethered" and to open cydia to untether the phone, brilliant as there isnt fucking cydia <;,;,;,;,;

Old 13th February 2013, 17:39   #5
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

What iOS software version are you running?

If you put the phone in DFU mode as above and plug it into Itunes what message do you get?

Loads of tutorials here > http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php though how you have managed to bugger it is beyond me

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 18:21   #6
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
What iOS software version are you running?

If you put the phone in DFU mode as above and plug it into Itunes what message do you get?

Loads of tutorials here > http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php though how you have managed to bugger it is beyond me
Read that website until I can remember each word lol.

I have however eventually fixed it, what I did was download IOS 6.0 and booted the phone using that as opposed to IOS 6.0.1

It fired straight up and boom cydia was there, not exactly what I was expecting or anything BUT im just happy that now all her normal apps actually open and function as they should

Old 14th February 2013, 13:05   #7
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Why didn't you just get the girl to ring her phone company, and ask for the phone to be unlocked.. The network will unlock it for free.

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 13:33   #8
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

^^ not always, orange charge.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 15:11   #9
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Meh, still be minimal, Worth it so you can use the updates for the phone

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 15:58   #10
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Meh, still be minimal, Worth it so you can use the updates for the phone
Agreed, if the phone is out of contract then its worth the £20 odd to have it permanently and correctly unlocked. Software unlocks are great but if someone accidently upgrades the software to an unsupported version there is often no way back to an unlockable state due to the baseband upgrading.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 16:07   #11
Saxjoe
Regular Poster

Car(s): Renault Kangoo and currently saxoless :(
Saxjoe is on a distinguished road

Try installing another firmware, the one you have may be corrupt
a rat crawled up the pipe and tickled my arse with its whiskers. No messing. True story.
Saxjoe is offline   Reply With Quote