Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 24th March 2010, 10:35   #81
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Coming along swimingly m8e

I resigned myself along time ago to losing the OE fan/cowling, there's simply not enough space up there for the intercooler etc, i'm also convinced there is better air flow to the radiator making it run a little cooler as well...

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:14   #82
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Alloy rad' and fan ordered today - another half a step closer to getting the engine fired up again

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:55   #83
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Wow good to read its being rebuilt!

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 21:04   #84
Maxwell
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST-2, Saxo VTS ph2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Maxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Alloy rad' and fan ordered today - another half a step closer to getting the engine fired up again
much you pay for it in the end?
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 21:17   #85
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Good to see this being re-built! Would be awesome to see this a FCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 21:33   #86
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Provisional plan is to get re-built in time for FCS, but the more time ticks by, the more doubt comes in as to whether it will make it in time, and be proven.... with bodywork re-worked.

The main delay will be head work and pistons... depending on which way I need to go. But before I figure that out, I need to get the car re-built so it can be stripped down again

Seems a shame the car was a perfect runner a month ago, except the gearbox/clutch problem, and now its got all sorts of new parts on it, some major components have been removed and its a non-runner.

Should be much better for it in the long run though

Maxwell - worked out at less than half what you wanted for the combo... for the rad/fan unit. I guess the cooler core is the most expensive bit.

Quote:
Old 24th March 2010, 21:36   #87
Maxwell
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST-2, Saxo VTS ph2
Maxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant futureMaxwell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Maxwell - worked out at less than half what you wanted for the combo... for the rad/fan unit. I guess the cooler core is the most expensive bit.
yeah i have had a few people pm me about the combo, and its cheap what im selling it for.....but yet its a fucking good bit expensive!

i think im stuck with it...which is a balls up now im turboing

the turbo or downpipe might foul on the fan!
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 21:44   #88
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
awesome stuff buddy, cant wait to see this up and running again, what do you think you will get out of it bhp wise with the new turbo, will it be more or less than the old one?

steve - vids are here http://www.saxperience.com/media/videos.php
some dont work

Fav of mine is 106 Drive Direct at Donnington Park
Old 25th March 2010, 00:21   #89
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
some dont work

Fav of mine is 106 Drive Direct at Donnington Park
Lol - not looked a THOSE videos for many years - proper old skool videos. Better ones in premium seciton

-->> http://www.saxperience.com/media/prem_videos.php

Drive Direct was really REALLY old skool. Rememebr watching the video of the hwole day on the motorway on way home *cough* and ended up at Scotch Corner before we realised we'd gone past The M62 turn off towards Manchester

Quote:
Old 27th March 2010, 21:50   #90
Simop
Administrator

Waited very patiently for my alloy rad' and fan to arrive - they didn't Guess I'll just have to be even more patient Getting more and more behind with my schedule as the days go by...

Managed to do a few tidy up jobs on the car, then found some motivation to re-paint, then lacquer the engine bay. I've always wanted to do this with the engine out, but now's not the time unfortunately, so had to make do with an engine in jobby. It's turned out ok

For many years I've used a (stupid) FSE pressure regulator. Its been in the car that long, I've jsut not been bothered to re-pipe in a standard style pressure regulator. I think I will grab some new pipes on Monday and get rid of the FSE. I'm a little un-sure how this will react under boost. Its obviously been fine for years, but its one of those things that just doesnt feel right

Also need to re-locate the battery inside the car. Not sure whether to go for the expense of a race battery, or just get a smaller unit and secure it in a box. Too many options and not enough time - that's my problem at the moment!

Fuel pressure - 3bar or 3.5bar?? Think the spare reg' I have is only 3bar.

Still got lots of decisions to make for the re-build at GMC. I've not yet decided which standalone ECU to use. I could do with knowing pretty soon, as I dont know whether to remove the Sig-con and MF2 from the standard loom (ie for predator), or just cut it out (for Omex, etc, etc with custom loom)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6155.jpg   IMG_6157.jpg   IMG_6158.jpg  

Quote:
Old 27th March 2010, 22:02   #91
adzvtr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): supercharged vts. 1.1 saxo. accord type r
adzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these parts

looking good m8, the original still going strong,
good to see it being rebuilt,
am running the predator myself and its a good bit of kit m8, i will be running boost with it.
and a few already tried and tested,
engine bay looks tidy for an engine in job goodstuff.
your car wipes mine out , any day . looking good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
lady charger ftw in this case
adzvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 09:53   #92
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

been following this since you posted simo,cant access your blog etc as im not premium, cars looking good and the plans will see some good figures, IMHO for the site you have to rip out the mf2, go for whatever ecu YOU choose but bear in mind the p&p has come strides on, would be goood if you could try it and put YOUR opinion on it................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 12:08   #93
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
been following this since you posted simo,cant access your blog etc as im not premium, cars looking good and the plans will see some good figures, IMHO for the site you have to rip out the mf2, go for whatever ecu YOU choose but bear in mind the p&p has come strides on, would be goood if you could try it and put YOUR opinion on it................
Hi, I'm pretty sure you can access my blog, as its open to all to see and any member to comment. I need to update it though, before I can post the most recent updates to it, which is why this thread arrived If you cant access this, please let me know as I will need to fix something.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/blo...ogcategoryid=5

The MF2/Sigcon will definately be removed. I do favour the predator for ease of plug & play. I need to catch up with Andy to chat about a few other things before deciding though.

Simo

Quote:
Old 28th March 2010, 12:09   #94
Simop
Administrator

A rolling to-do list for me, from this point forwards... hopefully I can begin to cross off quickly

Remove 5th/6th injectors
Remove FSE reg'
Re-pipe fuel lines
Re-paint engine bay
Fit new oil cooler & re-locate / re-pipe
Confirm standalone ECU
Confirm injector size x 4
Decide if using relief valve? Re-circ or atmospheric?
Source new air filter - 2.5" inlet.
Complete custom boost pipes
Install alloy rad'
Wire up Kenlow fan to original loom.
Sort header tank & pipe in.
Modify lower tray to mount intercooler and radiator forwards (but behind std bumper perimeter)
Re-locate battery inside car.
Decide how to isolate battery local and remote.
Strip interior from front of car.
Remove carpet & prep' for full re-paint to match rear.
Spk to safety devices regarding mating front cage to rear.
Confirm plans for bumpers & arches!?

Send car to GMC for re-build when key items above are complete...

Spec forged pistons
Replace clutch assembly
Install Quaiffe LSD
Replace gearbox
Flow head
Confirm head valves
Install Turbo cams
Install injectors x 4
Install ECU and map.

I've probably missed a load, but its worrying to see it all in a list. I've already done a lot in the last few months. Turning into a bit more than a tart-up this project

Simo

Quote:
Old 28th March 2010, 13:45   #95
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

Will this or the megane be going to this ring in august Si?
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 00:16   #96
Simop
Administrator

So its been a busy night, outside in the cold and damp, again. LOL.

The 5th/6th injectors have been ripped out. The FSE reg' is gone. I've had some new fuel lines made up to piece the std fuel regulator up to the steel braided fuel hoses I already had. NOt sure one of the connections is gonna be large enough bore, but will need to see, or do some calcs. (can already half see me re-replacing the whole lot, D'oh!)

The new radiator and fan assembly arrived from GMC today - thanks John! I've been outside trial fitting the rad and intercooler. Made some temporary brackets up - will need to have a better play in the morning.

Good news though, a standard bumper now fits over the combo, so my bumper options are free once again.

The GMC rad' is a NICE bit of kit! Hopefully the clearnace between the turbo compressor and the rad is sufficient. I can move a little more if needs be, but this is the cold side of the blower, so should be OK.

Hoping to get rad/intercooler properly mounted tomorrow, then will re-locate my new oil cooler and have the oil lines fab'd. So, hopefully by the weekend, the oil/water can go back in and I can give the engine a whirl.

Ive attached a photo below showing a std VTS rad, a diesel rad and the GMC rad. If anyone wants to buy a diesel rad cheap, let me know

Simo
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6163.jpg   IMG_6168.jpg   IMG_6169.jpg  

Quote:
Old 30th March 2010, 13:12   #97
samueljonburgess
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Nissan S13, Saxo Furio
samueljonburgess is on a distinguished road

hi mate had a little read of this all very interestin
i take it you have to plumb in your own expansion tank in for the gmc rad??
Old 30th March 2010, 18:52   #98
Simop
Administrator

Yeah, the GMC rad needs a remote header tank, but allows the radiator to be positioned further forwards. The Std VTS rad does not allow this, as the filler cap fouls on the front panel.

Quote:
Old 4th April 2010, 01:06   #99
Simop
Administrator

Grabbed a few more hours on the car today...

The radiator/fan is now plumbed in & wired up / tested. I just need to sort out a header tank, so I can re-fill the water/coolant.

I've mounted a new Mocal oil cooler in place and piped this up. Spent several hours on this, as when I came to bolt it in place, I noticed some signs of rust under the passenger wheel arch, which I didn't want to leave to get worse. So, now that's been treated and re-sprayed too. No doubt I'll have to do the drivers side too. I bought some Mocal brackets, but didn't end up using these, so if anyone needs any

I've trial fitted the standard bumper and everything still fits behind this nicely, so I've kept my options open on the bumper choice.

Need to nip to my mums house tomorrow to pick up my old standard headlights, to transfer the height adjustment motors from the old lenses to the new. The ones I picked up are from a newer model and the plug is different. Simpler to switch motors rather than re-wire I picked up all sorts of spare parts from my mum's house yesterday. Really had forgotten how many spares I had!

I'm hoping to get the car fully re-built tomorrow. The only thing that might stop me from doing this is the steel braided fuel lines. I'm not 100% happy with one of the return line fittings I have, as it could be too restrictive. Will be OK to fire it up, but not convinced about a permanent install... Might end up re-piping the lot.

Still not decided whether to strip out the MF2/sig-con and Dastek wiring (yes, I found the old Dastek loom tucked away lol). Will see what mood Im in tomorrow

Couple of progress pics...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6173.jpg   IMG_6175.jpg  

Quote:
Old 4th April 2010, 23:33   #100
Simop
Administrator

Another couple of hours on the car - this is the first time my car's seen a std grille in about 8 years... and standard lights in about 5 years.

Spent a bit of time ripping un-used bits and pieces out of the engine bay also. May not look too hot in this photo, but compared to one I attached a few posts back, things have moved on nicely.

Just got to get the fuel lines hooked up now (possibly temporarily) and re-fill the oil/water, then its time to fire the engine up and hope all is well.

The re-build continues...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6185.jpg   IMG_6186.jpg  

Quote: