Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th September 2009, 11:47   #1
rudeboiross
Regular Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 1.1 SX
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
rudeboiross is on a distinguished road
Default Fitting a new sump gasket

How easy it is to do this? Ive got some major oil leak and pretty sure this needs replacing.. any sort of through of how long it would take would be a great help.
Thanks x
rudeboiross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 12:16   #2
J-Reid
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
J-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant futureJ-Reid has a brilliant future

it isnt an actual gasket, its just a sealent 90% sure anyway mate
J-Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 13:16   #3
VTRelite
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR Renault 5
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
VTRelite is on a distinguished road

on the base saxos they use a gasket i think its only the VTR/S that use sealant

I think all you gotta do is drain the engine oil, undo all the bolts on teh sump, take it off, give the contact surfaces a good clean with wire brush and solvent, put new gasket on and put it back onto the car and do up all the bolts and then torque them up to 30NM

(may also need to remove the downpipe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam08 View Post
I can confirm that you are a girl. Ive seen the CLUNGE!!!
VTRelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 21:04   #4
rudeboiross
Regular Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 1.1 SX
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
rudeboiross is on a distinguished road

Cheers.. My oil leak is dripping a fair few splodges on the floor each morning i go out there. Would it be alrite to drive for a while?
rudeboiross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 21:09   #5
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

there is a gasket available for all saxo engines iirc.... but its upto you (or who ever is fitting the gasket) if you want to fit a proper gasket or jsut use sealent.mine was on with sealent but i put a proper gasket on it when i changed it. its fairly easy todo, downpipe can be in the way but it can be done without removing it just got to wiggle the sump about to get it off. depends on the size of the leak if you want to drive it, just make sure your oil never drops too low. should take an hour nd half at the most if you have correct tools and abit of experience
Old 7th September 2009, 12:46   #6
Rossy-Boi
L-plater

Rossy-Boi is on a distinguished road

yea its a pretty simple job... not much to get wrong... its even easier if you've got access to a pit... plus it makes it easier to dodge the oil drips lol..
i'm not a big fan of that instant gasket shit myself... so if it was me i'd get a propper one... nice thing is saxo engines only hold a fanny full of oil so its not expensive either...
Rossy-Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 12:49   #7
McPikie
Infrequent Poster

McPikie is on a distinguished road

Don't forget to run the engine up to temp first so the oil runs out easier. Makes life better......... just dont burn yourself, lol
Old 29th August 2019, 15:18   #8
Jeepster

Car(s): Saxo Forte 1.1 x,sx
Jeepster is on a distinguished road

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but do you not have to disconnect the down-pipe section of exhaust from the manifold (three nuts, plus the bolt that mounts the down-pipe to the gearbox underneath) to get proper access to all the sump bolts?
Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2019, 15:42   #9
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
there is a gasket available for all saxo engines iirc.... but its upto you (or who ever is fitting the gasket) if you want to fit a proper gasket or jsut use sealent.mine was on with sealent but i put a proper gasket on it when i changed it. its fairly easy todo, downpipe can be in the way but it can be done without removing it just got to wiggle the sump about to get it off. depends on the size of the leak if you want to drive it, just make sure your oil never drops too low. should take an hour nd half at the most if you have correct tools and abit of experience
All in the thread.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote