Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th August 2014, 15:21   #1
jordyn89
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic Saxo VTRS
jordyn89 is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo VTR 3 plug to GTI engine single plug

Hi Guys

I know this topic has been covered a lot but i dont think my issue has.

So i have a question in regards to 1 plug to 3 plug GTI conversions. Ill try give you as much as info as i have.
Basically, my 3 plug 2001 vtr has been converted into a GTI using a single plug ECU, with a single plug Loom with the Round multiplug on the end. I believe the loom is from a Pug gti. The car starts drives and runs fine, the only thing that doesn't work on the car is the speedo, revs and temp gauge ( sorted the temp gauge using an aftermarket one )

Now i need to wire in the speedo to the multiplug, i am told the speedo wire is #465# and possibly pink, I need to know where to join it to in order for the speedo wire engine side to connect up with the speedo wire interior side and thus hopefully making my speedo work, The problem i have is that the numbers are rubbed off most of the wires, and im not sure where the speedo sensor is on the gear box so look at what colour the wire could be.

Can anyone shed some light?
jordyn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2014, 22:17   #2
JAB100

JAB100 is on a distinguished road

Hello ive just wired a vts single plug loom with a small plug inter loom. into a vtr 3 plug with big interior loom. Mate im not sure which wire it was but i will try to isolate it tomorrow evening and i will post straight away. Ia any case if you bear a few wires and hold a nine amp battery i.e. small box battery to it. My mate says it should make the corresponding clock move. That might help you find the wire. I will look tomorrow anyway. Check back tomorrow night.
JAB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JAB100 For This Useful Post:
Old 13th August 2014, 22:40   #3
JAB100

JAB100 is on a distinguished road

Ok. By my reckoning its a orange wire no. 465 at back of clocks. Black plug. Pin top 1. Now on a big chassis plug to engine loom it should be pin row 3 +1 from left. If small plug its rows 3+6 from left.
On the engine speed sensor its a pink wire no. 1360.
If you can run a multimeter beep test from the clocks to the sensor it should let you know the conection is good and the locations can be found at the plugs by the same method. Any prblems post back and i can check again and let you know.
Hope this helps chum....
JAB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JAB100 For This Useful Post:
Old 13th August 2014, 23:35   #4
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

You've got the wrong loom in that's all, do your reverse lights work? and will the ecu talk to the OBD? Look here for all wire numbers:

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=464443
Old 14th August 2014, 08:38   #5
jordyn89
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

Hi Jab

Thanks for the info mate that's a huge help ill be looking at this tonight most definately! I have the big round plug pal so think by your calculations should be row 3 and 1 from the left on the engine loom side.

THis is what my loom plug looks like.

Hi Tom

Everything else works fine mate, all my lights work everything apart from speedo revs and temp gauge to which ive sorted the temp gauge via a 52mm Gauge. I have spliced into the single plug loom pal in order to make things work, its litterally i was just stuck on the speedo and revs lol. the oil pressure light is on too but thats probably because im using VTR clocks not VTS clocks. My airbag light is on too but thats because i still have the airbag ECU and i haven't stuck the wires through the steering wheel yet

Although my ODB2 reader didnt connect to my ECU but its very dodgy on cars older than 2001 so if im using a single plug ECU it will be from a 2000 or below car. (didnt work on my mk1 99 saxo VTR either )

Last edited by jordyn89; 14th August 2014 at 08:40.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:10   #6
jordyn89
Infrequent Poster
North West Region Member

Just like to add, what a bunch of legends you guys are

Tom, going off your wiring numbers, are these the numbers on the engine loom side? for example on mine, early 3 plug car, would my engine loom speedo wire be #465 too or is this the interior loom whire number and the exterior as Jab says is 1360.

Looking at what your saying, on the wiring guide, i need to join up 465 to 1360?

Also with the revs, do i need to join 425 and 426 to 429? i didn't understand that one pal.

Fuck me i read further down tom and you sir deserve a crown, i mean you even answered my fan issue ive been having haha! ive currently got them hooked up to an independant switch but now i know how to wire them in to the relay proper