Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd August 2014, 19:32   #1
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr 1.4, xsara was my last car
Mi5terSIR is on a distinguished road
Default TU3JP standalone wiring, loosing the will to live

first of all, i am new here, but i have hovered around here for quite a while and i have gained a hell of a lot of useful information here, its a very good forum

moving on, i have been fighting away tirelessly through the internet for many months now, trying to work out how im going to go about wiring in this standalone engine management, for reference, its an ECU Master EMU, and fwiw its a cracking bit of kit for the money, haven't seen much mention of it here.

the engine, a TU3JP silvertop with a Kent PT40K cam, (S1 rallye or of the sorts? i do know they are for the 100hp 1.3 lump they done, TU3S daren't i guess?) green valve springs and caps. a 4-2-1 and gsxr 600 bodies have been sorted and when some money comes in and the ecu plays ball they will be fitted shortly.

the engine and loom are from a 98 citroen xsara (a cracking car for the money tbf...) with the bosch 55 pin single plug for the ecu, and thats where my question comes in, i understand that the loom is not a saxo one, and that may crop up for you guys im not sure, but, pinouts....yeah that old chestnut, i have worked out what the pins are for a few things like the injectors, map, tps ect, but a few things keep cropping up.

now as stupid as it sounds, i dont have a multimeter. im wiring a standalone and i dont have a multimeter....i could facepalm myself too, but im hoping i can once again find my ellusive multimeter and start poking things, but to the point, that bloody double injection relay, i havent the foggiest of what pin does what or even how its controlled, is one of the pins grounded to activate the fuel pump or is it fed a 12v feed from ignition? and also, the 5v for the map and tps, now i have noticed for the pinout on the standalone, it does have "+5v supply" and my question to that is, does that mean the standalone wants a feed of 5v or is that an output of 5v for the sensors, probably sounds like a stupid question but i suppose better safe than sorry, and if you took the time to read to here then thankyou haha

Regards
Ben
Mi5terSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:26   #2
Gareth_R
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen AX VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gareth_R is on a distinguished road

First, get that multimeter. Can't do much without it tbh

Second, get a haynes for the car the engine loom came from, with wiring diagrams. The wiring diagrams illustrate exactly how the big relay works. But basically 12v goes in, and it chucks 12v out to the fuel pump when the ecu tells it to. Likewise with the ignition (I think). It does other things too - again, you need to the wiring diagram.

Lastly, the MAP sensor, I think it has a 5v feed and a ground, and then the third pin (not necessarily pin 3) is the signal wire that tells the ecu what it needs to know. Again, wiring diagram will tell you what is what.
Old 24th August 2014, 00:07   #3
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

i do have a haynes manual for an xsara, it was my daily driver for a while so i have a few tools (even a lexia) i do agree with the multimeter bit, i do need one, the problem with the haynes manual, is that a lot of the wires arent indicated to their function, ie, wether they are signal, 12v or ground, i just dont know what each pin does really, even though i have it there in front of me:') electrics arent my strong point, but i do know my way around a bit, it just seems that haynes made it quite unclear, and it dont help that citroen used the same wire colors bloody everywhere, but a multimeter i shall get, thanks for your input
Old 24th August 2014, 08:23   #4
Gareth_R
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen AX VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gareth_R is on a distinguished road

The diagram should definitely show what is ground. Live feeds to sensors usually split off to other sensors on the way, and signal will just be a single wire to the ecu without branching off. Just some general things I've noticed.
Old 24th August 2014, 08:28   #5
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

a few of the ground wires are marked, but what worries me is that there are a lot of wires that i cant seem to make sense of, im not good with wiring diagrams ill admit, but haynes really wanted to be ellusive with some of them, dont help with citroen using the same damn wire color when ever they damn well please
Old 24th August 2014, 10:13   #6
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

i have use of my mates multimeter later, also his power probe, i love that thing, anyway, i should have been a bit more specific about what im confused on. pin 50 and 33 seems to be the ones that control that arsey injection relay, are both of these pins fed 12v on ignition to power the fuel pump and injectors? i have been staring at this haynes diagram for quite a while now, and its just that bloody injection relay now.

i am half tempted to get 2 12v relays and just rewire the pump and injectors to them and throw that stupid injection relay in the bin as it makes a satisfiying clang as it hits the bottom.