Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 9th May 2015, 12:23   #341
Mash
Infrequent Poster

Mash is on a distinguished road

The attention to detail on every single part is absolutely incredible well done.

Out of interest do you actually make a profit on any of them?

I know you get top whack for them but with so many new parts - especially OEM I couldn't imagine that there would be a margin left at the end.
Mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 17:21   #342
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_GTI View Post
So much love for the 309 GTI. Its going to be one of the best around when its complete
Cheers Steve. This one has set the standard for 309's and is widely regarded as the best at the moment, it's still being worked on. The progress thread for that it well worth a read too if you have an hour spare.

http://www.309ownersclub.com/forum/v...php?f=34&t=714
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 17:29   #343
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash View Post
The attention to detail on every single part is absolutely incredible well done.

Out of interest do you actually make a profit on any of them?

I know you get top whack for them but with so many new parts - especially OEM I couldn't imagine that there would be a margin left at the end.
I do pride myself on the attention to detail, really appreciate the compliments :-)

I've never bought one with the intention of selling for a profit margin. I did make a good profit on the red AX but that was such low mileage all it really needed was a good detail and some small parts. I miss that car though.

This one will be a keeper, and you're quite right it costs a fortune, there's definitely no way I'd ever make my money back on this one

Last edited by willsy; 13th June 2015 at 19:36.
Old 9th May 2015, 17:43   #344
Mash
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Cheers Mash :-)

The red AX GT that I had prior I did make a very very good margin on, but that was such low mileage all it really needed was a good detail and some small parts.

This one will be a keeper, and you're quite right it costs a fortune for all of these new Genuine Peugeot parts. I'm currently working my way through a spreadsheet for my spending so far, I'm pretty sure that this one has exceeded £5,000 already and I'm still not at MOT stage yet.

I dare say I'll have no trouble getting into 5 figures. Certainly no one would pay that for one at the moment unless it's near concours with a collector showing some interest.
If you're planning on keeping it then completely ignore me - I'm more than happy to spend loads on a car as long as it's going to stay after.

I don't think that's too unreasonable, there's a goodward on ebay at the moment for over 10 grand but I think the owner is pretty optimistic - claims it's concours condition but I'm sure you would show him the true meaning of the phrase!
Old 9th May 2015, 18:37   #345
Mash
Infrequent Poster

Goodwood* excuse my poor spelling..
Old 10th May 2015, 09:13   #346
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash View Post
There's a goodward on ebay at the moment for over 10 grand but I think the owner is pretty optimistic - claims it's concours condition but I'm sure you would show him the true meaning of the phrase!
Very optimistic. I'm no expert on Goodwood's, but the general consensus on it from various Goodwood owners is that in it's current state 'very good condition' would be better described. Plenty to be attended to before that could be upped to mint/immaculate (I'd be happy to achieve that). Concours is literally as if it left the factory yesterday
Old 10th May 2015, 09:21   #347
Mash
Infrequent Poster

Exactly, it looks pretty clean on the outside till you look in the engine bay. Nice condition admittedly, but no where near the effort you have put in to this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mash For This Useful Post:
Old 11th May 2015, 03:51   #348
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Cheers Steve. This one has set the standard for 309's and is widely regarded as the best at the moment, it's still being worked on. The progress thread for that it well worth a read too if you have an hour spare.

http://www.309ownersclub.com/forum/v...php?f=34&t=714
Nice! Both up to a nice standard, although I think yours is a bit cleaner
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chinkostu For This Useful Post:
Old 12th May 2015, 20:50   #349
willsy
West Midlands

Here we go again folks.

Today I decided to dig out my zinc plating kit that I last used on my AX GT.

Started off with these 2 bits

First stage is to clean using electrolysis, much more effective than other methods and the only way to guarantee being rust and grime free without the harshness of blasting

Doesn't take long til the solution is full of rusty particles and old aged coating

First one cleaned

And onto the zinc plating

Jobs a gudden

Quite pleased with it. Of course there is some minor pitting left by the rust removal but it's just as nice to retain and refurbish some of the cars original parts as it is to fit new ones. Restoring bits yourself is much more rewarding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 12th May 2015, 23:12   #350
willsy
West Midlands

And some more done

Before

After
Old 13th May 2015, 11:16   #351
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Fucking incredible.

Dude, do my car.

haha
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 17:33   #352
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkostu View Post
Dude, do my car.
I'd love to do someone else's car, it'll save my bank balance for a bit then :-)
Old 13th May 2015, 18:10   #353
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

I think the slight pitting gives the part a bit more character as well. It shows that it has been restored and not just all brand new bits fitted. Cracking job! Just need a bucket big enough to dip my whole car in next!
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alanapone For This Useful Post:
Old 14th May 2015, 21:55   #354
willsy
West Midlands

Only got a few more bits plated today. Factory fitted air horn bracket and one of the PAS reservoir brackets

Old 19th May 2015, 17:46   #355
elliotthorwood
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 (mk2 in disguise) vtr turbo.. sort of. (N3 EBH
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
elliotthorwood is on a distinguished road

I bet your mot tester loves you! Do you just show up in the car drive straight back out with the certificate? Absolutely incredible work and a great read! 👍👍
elliotthorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 19:46   #356
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotthorwood View Post
I bet your mot tester loves you! Do you just show up in the car drive straight back out with the certificate? Absolutely incredible work and a great read! 👍👍
That'll be nice if that happens :-) this one hasn't had an MOT for over 10 years, I'm getting closer to being ready for one though
Old 21st May 2015, 19:46   #357
willsy
West Midlands

Well progress has been steady again, I've started working my way through the MOT'able bits and checking through the electrics.

Bizarre place to start was to get the factory option air horns working again. Working through the bits independently the old compressor was no longer capable of producing the amount of compressed air required

So I managed to source a near identically designed one to retain the original appearance and fitted it to the newly plated bracket.

Refitted the horns & now they work perfectly.

I then tried to tidy up the engine bay wiring a little. One of my hates is messy wiring and the setup on these are terrible, other than some subtle re routing and refreshing the conduit there's nothing more I can do to this....

Of course the paintwork will have to be excused for a while longer, but the passenger side is mostly complete and up to scratch

Before

As it stands
Old 21st May 2015, 20:03   #358
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 306 diesel shed broken vts
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
0rang3peel is on a distinguished road

incredible this, the patience you have doing absolutely everything is mind boggling!
Old 21st May 2015, 22:32   #359
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

I will keep saying this throughout this build, just wow. The rust treatment and zinc plating looks incredible, and the attention to detail is second to none all over this car. Well done Matt!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 07:50   #360
willsy
West Midlands

Cheers :-) I've just ordered a new genuine clutch kit which I want to get fitted whilst the front suspension and subframe is off, and I've ordered the last remaining front suspension bits from Peugeot aswel as some new bits for the steering assembly.
With all that lot finished the front end will just need the calipers sending off to BigRedd for a refurb with new discs & pads then it'll be just about compete I think.