Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 9th March 2014, 20:14   #21
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullvfr View Post
This sounds like a plan and not ott,I'll give that a try.

I was concerned about the wed run but I do have the weekend days to fall on,so wed could be a rest day.....
Think if it were me, I would rather have the weekend to recover but it's your call. You wont need to do much else, pointless doing isolation exercise if you aren't looking for mass, it wont be functional for your running.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 07:52   #22
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

make up sex is the best x
Old 10th March 2014, 13:27   #23
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Why don't you just train like a fighter would? I don't understand why you think your current routine would have much if any benefit if you have previous experience with boxing and weight training ?
Old 10th March 2014, 16:39   #24
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
Why don't you just train like a fighter would? I don't understand why you think your current routine would have much if any benefit if you have previous experience with boxing and weight training ?

You're right......

My left wrist is a but gubbed now which hinders my bag work,sparring etc.

I just fancy a wee change,I'll see how it goes....I'm going to start a 8wk running program to reduce my 5k times and I'll take it from there.

Cheers
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 06:59   #25
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

So are you incorporating weights in or not?
Old 11th March 2014, 11:47   #26
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
So are you incorporating weights in or not?
I planned on doing it this week but I've decided to hold off until after ive finished the 8wk program.

Once that's done I'll try the program you mentioned and see how it goes.
Old 13th March 2014, 11:36   #27
jw1325
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): NHB Civic TypeR
jw1325 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank god for that,I was worried I'd end up immobilised from having such huge muscles......wouldn't help much with the boxing mind you.
Neither will skipping / shadow boxing twice a week but hey ho.... Are you a boxer? If you are please tell me you do actual training alongside the running/shadow boxing/ skipping?

Boxing and weights.... Not my forte as I have the opposite problem- Natural muscle and struggle to be leaner. But from my experience, you don't want to be doing them more than once or twice a week. Its strength not bulk you need so it would be a managable weight and high reps. Muscle Stamina. Squats, dead lifts, cleans, benches etc. Something thats overlooked a lot is body dips for arms and shoulder strength. As I said, not an expert but thats what we used.

My ultimate advice though- bag work / pad work/ sparring. You can cardio all you want with circuits and running, but ring fitness is another kettle of fish that can only be obtained by being in there and practicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
jw1325 owns my vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
LOL, you are fucking amazing. I so wish you were my friend.
jw1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 11:44   #28
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
Neither will skipping / shadow boxing twice a week but hey ho.... Are you a boxer? If you are please tell me you do actual training alongside the running/shadow boxing/ skipping?

Boxing and weights.... Not my forte as I have the opposite problem- Natural muscle and struggle to be leaner. But from my experience, you don't want to be doing them more than once or twice a week. Its strength not bulk you need so it would be a managable weight and high reps. Muscle Stamina. Squats, dead lifts, cleans, benches etc. Something thats overlooked a lot is body dips for arms and shoulder strength. As I said, not an expert but thats what we used.

My ultimate advice though- bag work / pad work/ sparring. You can cardio all you want with circuits and running, but ring fitness is another kettle of fish that can only be obtained by being in there and practicing.
Quote:
You're right......

My left wrist is a but gubbed now which hinders my bag work,sparring etc.

I just fancy a wee change,I'll see how it goes....I'm going to start a 8wk running program to reduce my 5k times and I'll take it from there.

Cheers
Also, strength is more low reps, heavy weight, high intensity... Endurance as you quite correctly said would be high reps, low weight, low intensity, but they aren't the same...
Old 13th March 2014, 14:54   #29
jw1325
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): NHB Civic TypeR
jw1325 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Also, strength is more low reps, heavy weight, high intensity... Endurance as you quite correctly said would be high reps, low weight, low intensity, but they aren't the same...
Woops, as I said weights aren't my forte- but strength and endurance to me are the same, as its not how hard I can punch, but being able to maintain the same force continuously... hence why I came across wrong.

If I did much more weights than the minimum when I'm training I'd be like fucking popeye and I'd never have a chance of making weight.

Old achilies is still giving me jip so its light jogging for me just now. Can't wait to eventually go back to training but can't say working in payroll and HR with black eyes will be welcomed anymore tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
jw1325 owns my vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
LOL, you are fucking amazing. I so wish you were my friend.
jw1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 16:54   #30
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post

Nah I don't box any more,I stopped after I broke my left wrist back in 2010.

I only know too well about ring fitness and the difference between that and other cardio.There was a guy who was as fit as a fiddle,could run all day long but when it came to sparring rounds he was fucked pretty quick.

I only do some boxing exercises to keep my skills half decent but I might go back one day,my main focus just now is getting as fit as I can with regards to running 5k's etc and doing high intensity stuff as its helping me lots.
Old 13th March 2014, 23:09   #31
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

This may or may not be of use, this is an outline of friends regieme leading up to a fight... he is in awesome shape (professional mma fighter)

If nothing else it may give comparison, it seems beneficial to stick to the main compound exercises, he is very strong but not carrying a great amount of mass...

He weighs over 70kg (fighting weight) but literally not an ounce of fat on him.

Monday

Morning

5 minutes max speed sprint

5 minutes max speed cycle

5 minutes max speed row

Squats

Pull ups

(30 minutes) bag work

Flexibility

Evening

2 hours Brazilian Jiu Jistsu class

Tuesday

Morning

Ruff House training session

Evening

2 hours Shootfighting class

Wednesday

Morning

5 miles bike

15k run

Hang clean and press

Pullups

(30 minutes) bag work

Evening

1 and a half hours Freestyle wrestling class

Thursday

Morning

Ruff House training session

Evening

1 and a half hours 1 to 1 session with coach

Friday

Morning

Interval training (20 seconds on 10 seconds off)

Flat 2 x 5 minutes

Hill 2 x 5 minutes

Dead lifts

Pullups

(30 minutes) bag work

Flexibility

Evening

Muay Thai Training

Saturday

2 hours Open mat

Sunday

2 hours Freestyle wrestling class or 1 hour quarter marathon run

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 13th March 2014 at 23:19.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote