Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd February 2006, 07:08   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I am sorry to announce that we have atleast one devious, dishonest and disrespectful member within the Saxperience community!

You may not be surprised by this statement, but I feel totally let down by the actions of this person.

So, what's this all about?

On the 28th January, our 'problem member' gained access to a moderator account... Had a quick look around the staff forums and checked a few PM's before logging out.

The signin check had worked - you're so 'special'.

Unfortunately every movement on the website is logged and consequently every movement can be re-traced.
<hr />
On the 30th January, our 'problem member' decided to have another browse around the site... but not from the usual internet access point (BTW - NTL really do suck dont they!)... no, this time it must have been college day... so off to Writtle we go.

After a browse around, again a moderator account was accessed (an interesting search technique for usernames BTW). This bad enough in itself, the actions taken next, well and truly over-stepped the mark!

(Note. there are more direct ways of accessing this site - Google.co.uk is not the easiest of routes and unfortunately for you, this increases the data logging potential)

Again, staff threads were read along with a couple of PM's... I hope you found those informative.

But what have Leckie and saxx done to you? deactivating these users was like setting a huge warning beacon off! (the quick access buttons are great aren't they... very easy to use )

You must have taken offence to alicia's signature and avatar too... or were you just checking out those buttons again?

OK, job done, so it's time to sit around for a few hours and watch what happens...

I applaud you - I'm so impressed.

I'm even more impressed that you've managed to logon each day... have you been waiting for some reaction?
<hr />

Would the 'problem member' like to get in touch with me and tell me the reasons why you chose to do this? I welcome you to do this!

I will be following this matter up in more detail... It's unfortunate that your actions will restrict access for a number of people in and around Essex... but not just yet. You do deserve to see this post ofcourse

Whilst I can not be sure of the actual person responsible for these actions, I am confident in the username responsible - this account has therefore been downgraded and deactivated. Further actions will follow.

==============

The following user accounts will be monitored for a period. If your username is on this list and you dont consider there to be a reason for this, then please get in touch with me, so I can explain the situation further. There is a logical explaination for many of the names cropping up on this list.

BTW there is some significance in the order of this list - especially towards the TOP of the list!

chrishimself
mitchell
RobertosVTS
BDM
alex106
Marcsforte
saxorider
s6_girl
lauraw
tricks
scott_fiesta87
NIKNOKZ
kroozuk_danVTR
VTSFIEND

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 2nd February 2006, 07:40   #2
Nick_VTR
Infrequent Poster

Nick_VTR is on a distinguished road

That is shocking whats the point of trying to muck upa quality web site theres no need. people should just get a life!
Old 2nd February 2006, 08:10   #3
Phatsaxo55
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Astra VXR,vts project soon
Phatsaxo55 can only hope to improve

simo is there any chance that by doing this personal information can be obtained?Addresses etc? As im sure im not the only one who dosent want info like that being watched and learnt.
Old 2nd February 2006, 12:48   #4
artnmotion
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Peugeot 306 GTI6
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
artnmotion can only hope to improve

can't you see in user names who logs on at certain IP address?
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:40   #5
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatsaxo55
simo is there any chance that by doing this personal information can be obtained?Addresses etc? As im sure im not the only one who dosent want info like that being watched and learnt.
No, postal addresses are NOT stored online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnmotion
can't you see in user names who logs on at certain IP address?
This has been done Dom, hence the positive USERNAME match on the account in question.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:54   #6
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

blimey!

so is the person on top who done it?

(sorry im not with it today)
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:04   #7
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Megane Coupe/Convertible Diesel
Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!

It will be revealed soon!

Chris
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:06   #8
Sax1lora
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR, BMW 316
Sax1lora is a jewel in the roughSax1lora is a jewel in the roughSax1lora is a jewel in the rough

thats shocking!

Old 2nd February 2006, 14:18   #9
Saint
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Saint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to behold

email the college IT dude sometimes they will help out especially if you have a IP address an date/time.... whois soetimes find the exact PC name in some colleges like mine

makes tracking down abusive members on my forums great cause most of em go the same uni i work an do IT for lol
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:21   #10
silversaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo vtr 2000 plate
silversaxo is on a distinguished road

thats a bit sad isnt it i wondered where saxx signature went mind you there is some weird things going on in here thou
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:34   #11
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

sounds opretty shocking a serious really, wanna find out what the people on the list have done when i read the bit about college i was thinking, shit what have i done, mainly because i log on at college on monday, tuesday and wednesday hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:46   #12
Sax1lora
Saxperience Forum Bum

Sax1lora is a jewel in the roughSax1lora is a jewel in the roughSax1lora is a jewel in the rough

but how did they manage to log on as mods? they need the mods password dont they?
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:49   #13
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

if you do there will be a way around it or a way to get on without one. pretty much anything is possible when hacking.

Quote:
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:52   #14
Sax1lora
Saxperience Forum Bum

so there a computer geek as well as an asshole
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:53   #15
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

ey saying that they are a computer geek is offensive to me aswell!!

Quote:
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:56   #16
Reef
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Leon Cupra 20V 1.8T Lancer Evo III
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Reef is infamous around these parts

Thats just plain out of order... some people take things to another level, "you aint hard behind your computer mate" if you had the courage, you would in actual fact confront these people you had a problem with. Simo, keep the good work up mate, this is a excellent site, more advanced and alot more information than any other saxo sites i have seen. I hope you get to the bottom of this asap.
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:56   #17
Sax1lora
Saxperience Forum Bum

sorry

just saying i wouldnt have a clue where to start even trying to hack into someones account. just sad really...
Old 2nd February 2006, 15:59   #18
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol me neither, wouldn't be too hard to find out though i wouldn't think, tell you what though, i hate my college course, its sooo boring, sitting behind a screen all day reading Cisco and typing up assignments!

urrrgghh!

Quote:
Old 2nd February 2006, 16:41   #19
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

well.... lol erm nice work that Simo, Drop me a PM when you find out more mate if you dont mind, was abit weird what happend.

I love little keyboard worriors, hope the person is at FCS and i will she if he has a problem with me there
Old 2nd February 2006, 16:43   #20
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

your not a Chelski fan are you Leckie?
If you are i think you should be

Quote:
Closed Thread