Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 16th September 2022, 07:46   #1
SidVicious

SidVicious is on a distinguished road
Question Can anyone tell me what this constant squeaking noise is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVyjeagm3Ow

Anyone know what this sound is?

My car failed its MOT in August and they quoted a ridiculous amount to fix it so I took it back and phoned up a Mechanic local who told me he can put it all through far cheaper, and thought they were having me on. The car got fixed and feels a lot better, but before it went in for its first MOT it had this slight squeaking noise, now it's a lot worse.

My mechanic did say the car was loud and I presumed he meant the actual car, but I think he meant this squeaking noise. I asked him if he fixed the squeaking sound and he said ''The knocking? Yeah it was from the Anti Roll Bar'' but the car didn't have any knocking before, just this mild squeak thats now crazy. The mechanic was good and seemed genuine, and he clearly presumed this wasn't an issue if he let me take it away, he did say ''It's just an old rattly saxo'' and driving it home I kind of heard it, it wasn't until I got out and was bewildered it's so damn fucking loud

Before it would sorta go away when I'd pop down the clutch, but now it doesn't really. It's just continuous from engine start, even after driving for 10 minutes it doesn't calm down, and it's embarrassing to drive lol

The mechanic just viewed it as a 20 year old car, but I've always wanted a Saxo VTR and love my car, so really wanted it to be fixed. I did mention the squeaking before it went in, and even when I gave them the car.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2022, 08:34   #2
SidVicious

Default .

I'm thinking it's going to be a squeaky pulley, going to try see if WD-40 stops it.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:04   #3
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

About here: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=462827
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2022, 10:20   #4
SidVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Ahhh nice! Cheers buddy. That's a good thread, much like that guy I'm a bit of a newbie with this but learning. The WD-40 definitely silenced it, but it still has a bit of squeak. Do you reckon I should tighten the bolt or loosen it?
Old 16th September 2022, 20:45   #5
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

try loosening it a tiny bit first, see if that gives any change.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2023, 22:40   #6
SidVicious

Just incase anyone comes across this thread from last year, it was the clutch replacement cable making this noise because I needed a new clutch. I got the entire clutch replaced and it was perfect.