Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 27th April 2008, 20:48   #1
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold
Default Badgersport 106 XSI 16v (Cams, Polycarbs and bits #383)

Thought I should start a progress thread for the track car project I picked up Sunday.

What an eventful day it was. After looking around recently for a 106 xsi 1.4 as a track project I finally found one local to me, 18 miles away. I went and viewed the car Saturday and fell in love with it. I knew the gearbox had some problems with it so decided to go away and think about it.

After much thought I decided to go for it, I asked my dad to tow me the 18 miles back home in his civic type r. So Sunday morning at 9 o'clock I was being towed away in the 106 xsi, after about 4 miles I was fed up of being towed so thought I would try my luck at driving it.

I managed to get about 1 mile down the road of grinding and the wheels locked and left me stranded in the road unable to get out of 3rd gear, clutch was stuck too. My dad managed to tow me about 100 yards after freeing the car, was towing me with the clutch down and bang the car locked up on a nasty bend in a national speed limit!

This is when I remembered I was a member of the RAC so got on the phone and a van came out to me within 20 minutes. After him messing about for 10 minutes he came to the conclusion "its knackered mate" so I asked if he could recover me home (14 miles away) he said he would and could only tow me 10 miles and that would cost me £150!!!!!! So I was slightly worried how I was going to get the car back home at this point, until I asked how much he would take to get me back home, his reply "make me an offer?", so I was cheeky and offered £20....................he accepted!!! So that was that I would finally get the car back home!

Anyways enough of my guff, here’s a few pictures I took of the car dumped on the drive:

Think I will need more than this........

Ste

Last edited by Badgersport; 8th May 2016 at 15:01.
Badgersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 20:51   #2
JEEMO
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S
JEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like this will be a good project
JEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 21:10   #3
Badgersport
Established Member

Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

So after a few days i decided to get cracking with the car

car up in the air without hubs and driveshafts:

I removed the gearbox drainer bolt and no oil whatso ever came out just a chunk of metal............not so good:

In process of removing the head to replace the leaky head gasket:

Once the gearbox was off the car it was pretty obvious why there was no oil left in it:

Ste
Old 27th April 2008, 21:13   #4
JEEMO
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S
JEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the roughJEEMO is a jewel in the rough

Ouch, not so good
JEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 21:37   #5
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

xsi's rock, im sure this one will be treated well in your hands Ste

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 23:03   #6
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

looks ace shame about the mighty hole in the side of the box, theres a cam for sale in the for sale section for xsi's, rallye's, and blacktop vtrs a lad called gavtr is selling and lives near me hes my ex misses bro it could be worth a buy lol
Old 27th April 2008, 23:12   #7
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

id say that box was a tad bolloxed

looks like a good car apart from that though
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 21:54   #8
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEMO View Post
Sounds like this will be a good project
Cheers Mate. Should be pretty good once i've got the engine and box built back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
xsi's rock, im sure this one will be treated well in your hands Ste
Thanks Josh. Treated within an inch of its life more like haha. Should be all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE_VTR1 View Post
looks ace shame about the mighty hole in the side of the box, theres a cam for sale in the for sale section for xsi's, rallye's, and blacktop vtrs a lad called gavtr is selling and lives near me hes my ex misses bro it could be worth a buy lol
yea the hole in the box is a little gutting but should hopefully be picking up my new xsi gearbox this week. I will have a gander at the cam now. Could sit pretty nicely in the xsi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
id say that box was a tad bolloxed

looks like a good car apart from that though
Haha cheers Alex. The box is totally chuffed. Got bits of metal dropping out all over the shop. Will be much better when the cars back on its wheels and start the fun part.............stripping!

Ste
Old 29th April 2008, 21:36   #9
Badgersport
Established Member

I set to work on the car tonight and tidy up the engine bay and remove any wires, sound deadening i didn't need. But this is what i was faced with:

It was hammering it down.

So i decided to clean up the head as that was off the car sat in the garage. Once that was finished i remembered that Tim_W kindly dontated me some Jamex springs that he had spare. So those were fitted:

Half way through fitting

Finished both sides

Ste
Old 7th May 2008, 12:56   #10
Badgersport
Established Member

Small update:

Over the weekend i decided to remove a few bits from the engine bay, still a bit more i can remove i think:

Fogs both gone:

Received a few parts i was waiting on. Head set and 2 track rod ends:

Still waiting on a few parts, 1 front wheel bearing, 2 drop links and of course a gearbox without airholes.

Ste
Old 7th May 2008, 14:06   #11
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

good work Ste, plenty to do but i know shes in safe hands

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
Old 7th May 2008, 14:41   #12
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

looking good ste ! What exterior mods you making? Changing the wheels and stuff?
Old 7th May 2008, 19:56   #13
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
good work Ste, plenty to do but i know shes in safe hands
Thanks Josh. Yea theres quite a bit to be doing but i'm in no real rush (Sure my parents won't agree with that though!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE_VTR1 View Post
looking good ste ! What exterior mods you making? Changing the wheels and stuff?
Cheers Lee. Will be left mostly standard. Will be removing rear wiper, unsure about rear spoiler as its attatched through the window. Might be getting myself a free set of vtr wheels with new tyres but would quite like a set of S2 Rallye steelies.

Ste

Last edited by Badgersport; 7th May 2008 at 20:02.
Badgersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 20:17   #14
Rogz
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Banned.
Rogz is a jewel in the roughRogz is a jewel in the roughRogz is a jewel in the rough

belive it or not but ive got a rallye steelie under my my car as a spare... could use a refurb though! cant remember wat the treds like, if you can't find a set and u start buying em in a single giz a shout, ill probly just swop for another spare tbh m8!
Rogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 20:45   #15
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

how come you've taken the engine out Ste? rebuilding it? it might be a bit late to get it ready for this summer now, so get it spanking for next summer

Old 8th May 2008, 09:14   #16
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
how come you've taken the engine out Ste? rebuilding it? it might be a bit late to get it ready for this summer now, so get it spanking for next summer
I've left the block in. But removed the head as the corner of the headgasket was leaking oil. Probably would of been easier for me to remove the whole engine really.

yea i agree i think i may be rushing to get it all up and running for this summer so i think i will take it easy and make sure everything is spot on for next summers fun.

Ste
Old 8th May 2008, 10:33   #17
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Hell yes,thing is you can build the majoirty of things over the summer in the good weather. Then do little bits and bobs to finish it off over the winter

Old 19th May 2008, 19:51   #18
Badgersport
Established Member

Well i have now fitted the the new track rod ends, fitted the new drop links, fitted my new wheel bearing to the hub at work.

I went and picked up my new 1.4 xsi gearbox yesterday with 75,000 miles on it (No pics as its a boring oily gearbox). Hopefully get the gearbox fitted and engine back together this week.

And tonight i went and picked up my Cobra Monaco s's with sliding subframs:

Ste
Old 26th May 2008, 21:29   #19
Payney
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mangooo
Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!Payney is absolutely fabulous!

Looking good mate, will be a good project, i'll come over n help you if you want too.

--> Mangoo Progress <--
Payney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 22:21   #20
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Looking good mate, will be a good project, i'll come over n help you if you want too.
Cheers Ant. This will be quite a long project so may be asking on you for a hand.

The car is now up and running. Will get a few snaps of it back together tomorrow.

Ste