Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 24th February 2011, 18:27   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Looking for a magnex replacement

yo.

Ok after looking at Jonathans thread comparing the differences between magnex, saxsport and kamracing exhaust systems. The magnex was somewhat worse than the others - I'd love one of the other two but the sound of them is frankly... horrid.

Is there any other systems that are an improvement on the magnex that don't sound like the sax/kam systems?

For a standardy engine.

ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 18:29   #2
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

I've got a full scorpion exhaust system forsale if your interested? Its got a middlebox so won't be tooo noisey if your not revving the tits off it. Quite a nice roar when you accellerate.

Well it sounds quiet to me but i'm used to my pugsport (which i can only refer to as a bee raping a wasp inside an empty can of beans).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 19:10   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

BTB if you dont want one of the current crop of wet far sounding systems.

Personally id rather loose a couple of bhp than have such a shit sounding car.
Old 24th February 2011, 19:17   #4
Kyza
Established Member

Kyza is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ryan. The Magnex is one of the only normal sounding exhausts on the market. Not many that take my fancy really.
Kyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 19:26   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I've got a full scorpion exhaust system forsale if your interested? Its got a middlebox so won't be tooo noisey if your not revving the tits off it. Quite a nice roar when you accellerate.

Well it sounds quiet to me but i'm used to my pugsport (which i can only refer to as a bee raping a wasp inside an empty can of beans).
Thanks for the Paul, but I've heard the scorpion ages ago (if it's the same type) and it didn't sound much better if I remember correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
BTB if you dont want one of the current crop of wet far sounding systems.

Personally id rather loose a couple of bhp than have such a shit sounding car.
Brilliant, that'll fuel more piss takes from yates then. My only beef with the btb is the fitting... As it's a 2.5" system isn't it? Will that fit ok to a 2.25" Raceland Mani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyza View Post
I agree with Ryan. The Magnex is one of the only normal sounding exhausts on the market. Not many that take my fancy really.
Same here dude. and as Ryan put I would rather keep the normal sound for the sake of a couple of hp.

cheers y'all
Old 24th February 2011, 21:45   #6
jonathon5
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 911 Turbo
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
jonathon5 is on a distinguished road

Pm sent
Old 24th February 2011, 21:58   #7
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

The Ashley I had on my old vts was the best sounding exhaust I've heard on any saxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 22:10   #8
VTR01KBR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR Mk2
VTR01KBR is on a distinguished road

Piper? got one on mine and it sounds mental lol! people are always asking if ive put a different engine in. Its a bit on the loud side though.
VTR01KBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 00:40   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

slayer i ran a BTB off a stock 8v fannymould....

They should all have the same fitment at the flange
Old 25th February 2011, 01:02   #10
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

cheers y'all. Ryan, cheers for the info... might keep an eye out for a BTB then.
Old 25th February 2011, 01:13   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

at least you know they wont make you sound like a complete cunt (more so)... even if they dont give 1million hp.

Id keep the magnex and just enjoy the car init.
Old 25th February 2011, 01:19   #12
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

charming way of putting it. tbh girlfriend was driving behind me last weekend and she said it was loud and chavvy - but she is female so I can't really read much into what she said. At the moment BTB is only thing I'd consider replacing the magnex with, only because I've heard it. Piper is interesting though...
Old 25th February 2011, 01:23   #13
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

pipers can sound ok, personally after hearling nickheads Gashley and seeing the fitment id never fit one to a car i own.

Its an aftermarket exhaust, it sounds chavvy to most girls who dont hang around mcrags on a friday night hoping to get a fix.

PS she still wanting a clio
Old 25th February 2011, 01:47   #14
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Ide stick with the magnexs.......
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 11:12   #15
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

...girlfriend huh..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 11:19   #16
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Ads why don't you just buy a Pugsport Centre from GMC they are £110 iirc and use the Magnex backbox.
Apparently these gain you a few ponies and it still keeps the nice burble of the Magnex, it was a setup I was tempted to go for.

People on the 106 moaners do it with the Pugsport centre and the dual exit Magnex backbox.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 11:49   #17
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

tbh even with the poosport mid section and magnex backbox it is louder than normal did it on that gti I had. Ad if I was you I'd get the desilenced mid section and wop that on not that much louder than normal just a bit deeper none of this tinny stuff
Old 25th February 2011, 11:58   #18
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

If you have to change,

BTB are good, looks nice, sounds nice.
Piper with supersprint race pipe..Looks nice, probably the loudest exhaust ever on a Motorway though.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 12:35   #19
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
If you have to change,

BTB are good, looks nice, sounds nice.
Piper with supersprint race pipe..Looks nice, probably the loudest exhaust ever on a Motorway though.
Good shout souless, the piper is very raspy although.

Personally think the btb is the one to have, all exhausts other than standard are going to be chavy.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:36   #20
chris84
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02 black vts with nitrous!!
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
chris84 is on a distinguished road

Ive got a raceland mani, piper s/s centre with silencer from a vtr so de-cat and centre all in one and a magnex back box. Sound really good and not chavvy at all!!