Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 5th May 2011, 19:44   #21
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 XSi
Sandy309 is on a distinguished road

That remark about single bodies being better for power than DCOE pattern is misleading, it all depends on the manifold design and the bore spacing quoted is wrong! All the inlet designs we do are developed on the car to give the best results, most of the others have not been designed that way and have limited potential as a result.
The actual TBs used make little difference to the results, it's the OVERALL tract design that counts. DTH bodies have no useful advantages IMO, you're limited on TB size, tract design, injector position, porting to the head is virtually impractical. Compromises and limitations I can't tolerate on my engines.
Getting the overall tract design right makes the engine so much better, it's difficult to illustrate that fully in a forum post, but as has been said, I personally, currently favour the GSXR TBs, even on my top spec engines, because they work really well and continue to do so over time. But people who haven't done the work that we have to resolve the "conversion" of them, may well still regard well known aftermarket bodies to be better and the margin on them certainly is!
Sandy309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 19:48   #22
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
Yes he sold his kit, ecu and his exhaust to someone off here as far as i know... as i told him to message me if it fell through as i only wanted the bodies.....

so the jenvey SF kits are curved and can use a box? more research me thinks....
The actual Throttle body set up on the SF is short, the inlet manifolds can be changed. DCOEs are in pairs slightly longer again the inlet manifold can be changed.

Theres alot of viable options out there, and there are ways to get a decent inlet length.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:55   #23
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy309 View Post
That remark about single bodies being better for power than DCOE pattern is misleading, it all depends on the manifold design and the bore spacing quoted is wrong!
That quote was from Simon @ Jenvey Sales... took him 5 working days to reply with incorrect information... excellent...

Thanks for that Ryan, ill look into the SF type etc...

really wanted yates's setup....
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 19:56   #24
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

Hmm if I would do it again they I would go with the bike bodies.

Not dissappointed in the at one but not 100% happy with them.

But I didnt pay anything like the full price for them so not too bad
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 19:57   #25
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

you will have to get custom trumpets if you want anything like matt had. No one makes that design of trumpet.

The only other J4 ive seen with curved trumpets was bics early engine (can of worms here i suspect) Then you are talking more money etc.. bla bla which is why the bike bodies are fairly economical £ for £
Old 5th May 2011, 20:01   #26
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

I wanted the boxed ones as they were more silent (not as loud)

what is the average DB for bike bodies with and without a filter? as i dont want to hit problems on track days
Old 5th May 2011, 20:02   #27
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
I wanted the boxed ones as they were more silent (not as loud)

what is the average DB for bike bodies with and without a filter? as i dont want to hit problems on track days
Alot of varibales init. Reverie carbon/pipercross do airboxes. Fitting one in a saxo bay erm.. not sure how easy that will be.
Old 5th May 2011, 20:05   #28
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

He's been on holiday AFAIK, but the SF manifold is 84mm spacing for the record. The last J4 engine I did with SFs, but we made a special manifold and trumpets to get things how I wanted them to be:

And here a GSXR equipped one I did not long back, making very similar power torque, despite being slightly smaller capacity:

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy309 For This Useful Post:
Old 8th May 2011, 00:06   #29
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Guys, thanks for the input.

Seems I was a bit short sighted with the Bike Bodies route! So buy bodies, buy the Sandy Inlet & a filter... then I'm looking at loom presumably the TPS is still with the bike bodies, what about throttle cable and all the rest of it!?!?!

arghhhhh
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 00:36   #30
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Just a shout for bike bodies from me, if I were fitting to my own car that's the route I'd take

Andy
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 08:10   #31
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

With the bike bodies, use the bike TPS, they are ultra reliable compared to the Colvern, Wabash and Penny and Giles ones in my experience.

The throttle cable will need to be replaced in almost every case, OE cable kit is silly money (it's got the bits for all models), a pattern kit or modified bike brake cable is fine.

All fuel line fittings are included in our bike TB kits, others need to be specified with hose tails and regulator housings or if you need the bling, JIC fittings.
Old 8th May 2011, 09:57   #32
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Ads.....will be sending mine to Colin tomorrow......will send you pics as soon as i get them back.

Whilst Colin has them he will be fitting a backing plate and ITG sausage filter aswell. (im having short trumpets to save cutting the scuttle)
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 10:59   #33
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

not wishing to get into agruments from the past
the gmc/atp units are the simplest set-up to fit , DTH cnc machined units with oval butterflies +ports ,same as the head, uses std tps ,throttle cable ,fuel rail + reg+fuel lines+ have a snap on servo connector as std manifold + std injectors ,depending spec or if going for large bhp .then fit renault clio 182 pico injectors --no other parts required ,they come ready assembled +balanced from the factory for air flow--so when comparing like with like are the most economical option ,as well being as good as any other in performance + on the shelf for next day delvery
we have had over 200bhp on these bodies ,so any difference there may be is of a very small amount .
and you can fit an air filter assembly as well .
we have tried longer trumpets on them and the difference is so small as could be acounted for in experimental error ,they are the quietest when on the cruise and only make noise on large throttle applications .
I think most of the anti,s dislike them due to them being less "in your face"when fitted.

kms bodies --unless they have changed dramaticaly since i last used them --stay away -poorly made and butterflies neeeded relaigning before use +don,t fit that well even then+ no air filter fitment is possible without cutting bulkhead

jenveys --nothing wrong with them other than "krypton factor job" to build them up and any adjustments to individual balance is a real problem due to the way they are made + again you cannot have very long trumpets + air filter
--gmc/atp --just have an air screw on top of each body ,so cannot be any simpler --but i doubt you will ever need to touch them --If you fit them and they seem out I would check the engine mechanically first ,as i have never had to adjust any individual air screws ever on these

m.c t/bodies --work fine --but do really want s/h units that come to near same price once you have added the price of the manifold + mods required to get them to fit

Yes I did make a bent trumpet system near 10years ago + got over 200bhp with them --but was to expensive for the market --17 sets were made and If you have any they are very sought after on the german market ,as with the plenim look almost as though they were std fit .
there is another german made system dibilas which also are very subtle looking ,but agian price is the problem ,but they have even shorter trumpets as they only use straight ones + a plenim .

I hope this comes across as it was meant ,as a balanced look at what is available

Last edited by axsaxoman; 8th May 2011 at 11:08.
axsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axsaxoman For This Useful Post:
Old 8th May 2011, 11:12   #34
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy309 View Post
The throttle cable will need to be replaced in almost every case, OE cable kit is silly money (it's got the bits for all models), a pattern kit or modified bike brake cable is fine.
interesting, did not know that you had to modify the throttle cable with bodies as in all the threads i have read on RR no one had mentioned it?

is this something you can provide also? would be good to get all the information about all bodies put into a sticky with pros and cons of each and rough costs etc...
Old 8th May 2011, 11:20   #35
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

I can supply a std cable ,as fitted at factory that is not a bag of bits
£20+vat
to fit our t/bodies you shorten inner of the original std cable , the cable support bracket fits std cable outer
I also supply a trunion to replace the end you need to cut off ,I also supply new bolts to fit the t/bodies as well -- a complete kit

Last edited by axsaxoman; 8th May 2011 at 11:23.
axsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote