Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th July 2007, 12:43   #61
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

but surely if you declare all these modifications to get your 1.4 as fast as the 1.6 16v won't it be the same price or more in insurance?
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 12:43   #62
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
but surely if you declare all these modifications to get your 1.4 as fast as the 1.6 16v won't it be the same price or more in insurance?
Who declares internal engine mods?!
Old 11th July 2007, 12:49   #63
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bristol View Post
Who declares internal engine mods?!
most people do, as if you bend it, an engineer will take the engine appart if they suspect anything - eg if the engine runs they will turn it on to see what it idles like.
Old 11th July 2007, 12:56   #64
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore

MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsafastworld85 View Post
most people do, as if you bend it, an engineer will take the engine appart if they suspect anything - eg if the engine runs they will turn it on to see what it idles like.
All that will be changed is the cam..and on a car worth 1500 quid you think i will claim on my insurance? I dont think so..Also its slagged so they probs will give me even less anyway..

I'm not going into and argument about this but i bet 90% of people on here haven't declared all their mods..
Old 11th July 2007, 12:56   #65
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I agree Ryan about the 16v's being cheaper to get more power from than the 8v's etc..

I just think alot of people including me are abit tired of hearing the words "get a 16v".. Yes they are better for more wallet friendly tuning but then insurance becomes a real problem, thats why some of us dont bother with 16v's due to insurance costs..I would rather spend 2k on tuning a 8v than over 2k on insurance alone for a std 16v..

(wasn't making any digs at anyone in that last paragraph btw)

James
which is why i explain to alot of people the costs involved into getting engines tuned. after all ive either been there and looked at doing it myself, or have mades who have thought about it or done it.

I know alot of people build tuned 8vs only yo want more power, so they then go 16vs, and wish they didnt spend thousands on getting an 8v engine up to scratch.
Old 11th July 2007, 12:59   #66
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
All that will be changed is the cam..and on a car worth 1500 quid you think i will claim on my insurance? I dont think so..Also its slagged so they probs will give me even less anyway..

I'm not going into and argument about this but i bet 90% of people on here haven't declared all their mods..
i'm not trying to dig bud,
but when you slag your car, your insurance wont cover you as you become a 2 seater.

Plus who's to say you crash your car,
what happens if you run someone over by accident?

~ not trying to cause an argument mate, just putting it into perspective.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:02   #67
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

I've declared all mine. It would be foolish if you didn't, as it's not just the value of your own car that you should be concerned about. If you have an accident with an expensive car, and they find that you have been keeping secrets about your own, it would null your own policy, basically meaning you would be taking up the rear with sandpaper inplace of lube.

Declare all your mods or you're asking for trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 13:02   #68
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:

james if you have a crash that involves another party the car will be assessed usually, if you hit a brand new merc and you write it off with your car, and its your fault it will come off your insurance, if you are driving with un declaired mods the insurance company will 90% of the time refuse to pay. you will go to court etc...

At the end of the day if you want to do it take the risk, just be aware that there are big consiquences involved
Old 11th July 2007, 13:02   #69
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
i'm not trying to dig bud,
but when you slag your car, your insurance wont cover you as you become a 2 seater.

Plus who's to say you crash your car,
what happens if you run someone over by accident?

~ not trying to cause an argument mate, just putting it into perspective.
Ok fair enough..

Its a risk i take i suppose..Life's full of them..
Old 11th July 2007, 13:05   #70
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Ok fair enough..

Its a risk i take i suppose..Life's full of them..
C'mon man, I thought you were more sensible than that.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11th July 2007, 13:06   #71
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Theres thousands of road users that take the same risk, so it's wrong to just single out James.
not declaring your mods is foolish but at the end of the day,
we cannot force him too.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:07   #72
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
C'mon man, I thought you were more sensible than that.
All my mods are declared..suspension, exhaust..

Haven't told them its slagged

So its not like i dont declare anything..
Old 11th July 2007, 13:08   #73
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

How old are you James mate?
Old 11th July 2007, 13:10   #74
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
How old are you James mate?

A little wipper snapper..
Old 11th July 2007, 13:11   #75
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

You'll learn the hard way...

There's no point declaring most of your mods and leaving out something that's crucial, lol. C'mon man, sort it out.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11th July 2007, 13:13   #76
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ahh i know what you mean then James,
insurance is a killer at our age,
It's 300 quid extra on my insurance for the BMC, lowered and exhaust.
hopefully that will of dropped next year.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:14   #77
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

you lot are paying nothing, ive not even bothered to ring about insrance for my track day car yet...

ive got the lube ready for when i do lol
Old 11th July 2007, 13:17   #78
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

If you can't afford it, you don't do it!

Fine, I've made my point, you may take heed or not. I don't have any more to say on the matter.

James, from what I've read on this forum, you seem like a fairly bright individual, so please listen to what people have been saying in this thread.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11th July 2007, 13:18   #79
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Ahh i know what you mean then James,
insurance is a killer at our age,
It's 300 quid extra on my insurance for the BMC, lowered and exhaust.
hopefully that will of dropped next year.

Well i'm allowed 3 mods that aren't like proper engine mods like cams etc etc..So my exhaust is ok and the suspension..

Trouble is there are too many twats in 16v's that cant drive/crash all the time make insurance appauling for us younger people..

Toad-I have not declared one thing which is the slaggage..I doubt many do tbh..
Old 11th July 2007, 13:19   #80
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

its not just 16v's ;

it's any car.