Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 16th April 2005, 02:37   #1
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!

when people receive pm's, it takes a while for them to realise that they have one (except for people who use the forums on a day to day basis).

how about when e.g. i receive a pm, then a small window opens notifying you that i have unread pm's!?!
DevilDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 03:15   #2
KAMENi
Established Member

Car(s): C4 1.6 16v
KAMENi will become famous soon enough

good idea!

something like a pop-up window (like all those annoyinng ads)
Old 16th April 2005, 03:21   #3
Zany_Jim
Established Member

Location: Sussex. Get Ripped Off In The United Kingdom (England)
Zany_Jim is on a distinguished road

yer it does it in invision forums im sure theres a mod for web wiz forums
Zany_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 05:15   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

the forum used to have something similar to that, and it was as annoying as fuck tbh so it was removed

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 12:04   #5
KAMENi
Established Member

ok, why didn't you simply add the button to shut this function down?

it was annoying to everyone?

i'm thinking of a small pop-up that only says

"you have x unread message(s) in inbox from:
MEMBER TOPIC& nbsp;TIME OF REPLY"
Old 16th April 2005, 13:58   #6
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

i think it would be quite annoying to not be on here and have pop ups coming up...

but if it did go ahead... like msn notifications would be gd... the small box in the bottom right hand of the screen... saying... '(1) New PM in your inbox' and the title as Saxperience....
Old 16th April 2005, 14:28   #7
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I can turn the popup window back on, but personally I feel it is un-necessary.

Everyone knows that when they have a PM the ocon starts to flash at the top of the screen.

DOnt you glance up there every few minutes whilst browsing to check??? Thats what I do?

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 14:44   #8
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Project MK4 MoreDoor
iTrader Score: 31 (100%)
SaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team member

when pages load up , its usually the first thing I look at.
SaxoAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2005, 15:02   #9
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo
Everyone knows that when they have a PM the ocon starts to flash at the top of the screen.
No, Mine just goes bold and stays like that till i've viewed them pm.

And don't people see when their clicking on 'Forum Home' and 'General Chat' at the top of the page?
Old 16th April 2005, 16:13   #10
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

i also think it would be annoying! i like it how it is at the mo.
Old 16th April 2005, 16:32   #11
KAMENi
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex19
i think it would be quite annoying to not be on here and have pop ups coming up...

but if it did go ahead... like msn notifications would be gd... the small box in the bottom right hand of the screen... saying... '(1) New PM in your inbox' and the title as Saxperience....

i didnt think as soon as you log on the web, i meant as soon as you open sax-p, but if everyone feels it's unnecessary, then leave it the way it is
Old 22nd April 2005, 02:46   #12
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!

simo, i know the MAJORITY of us do look at the top of the screen, but you and the moderators look up there more times than the rest of us as you guys are there to sort problems and queries out.

all i meant was a little notification box in the top left of the screen saying you have 1 unread message.

or if people didnt like that idea, then how about when you sign in to sax-p, a window pops up telling you that you have unread pm's?
DevilDamo is offline   Reply With Quote