Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd March 2016, 22:07   #1
vtr91
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 3/4 vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
vtr91 is on a distinguished road
Default Jons hybrid diesel astra- 234.6hp

Well its been a while since ive been on here, and when the saxo was retired 2years ago i bought an astra 1.9cdti

Ill start with how it was when i got it and move through to how it stands now.

When i bought it, it was totally standard. Specs are CD70 navi system, sight and light pack, XP kit, Cruise control.
I got used to the power pretty quickly so i got it booked in at WG motorworks for a remap. The week before, i fitted a precat decat pipe and blanked off the troublesome EGR valve.

Made it over to WG motorworks and let him carry out his magic, and it totally transformed the car. I drove it back to canterbury and it was FUN! What a difference a remap made. I got it booked in for a dyno run to see what power it was putting out. On the rollers, it made 207.6bhp and 322lbs-ft torque.

I then decided to tackle the astras dreadful handling. So on went some Bilstien B8 shock absorbers, H&R springs, and an adjustable whiteline RARB
Sorted! What a difference this made!

Then the usual Z19dth things were going to be tackled, replaced the inlet manifold for a deflapped welded one, replaced cambelt and waterpump at the same time.

Its then had a stainless exhaust system made up from the precat back, with only the rear silencer in place.
Its had a hybrid turbo fitted and is currently waiting to be mapped at Rabbid before its mapped i will be sourcing a 4bar MAP sensor and a suitable MAF sensor and hopefully rabbid finish there development work over the christmas period.

Last edited by vtr91; 2nd March 2016 at 22:15.
vtr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 01:12   #2
Ali123
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): ph3'd c2 gt
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Ali123 is on a distinguished road

Not a massive diesel fan what so ever, but I bet that goes alright eh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
I heard about the in-car bonfire but didn't really believe it. Hats off to that man.
Ali123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 20:24   #3
vtr91
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 3/4 vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
vtr91 is on a distinguished road

Yea, it surprises alot of people tbh

I still need to update this as my laptop died last night and I still need to add some stuff and fix my picture links haha.
234hp and 350lbs ft torque!
vtr91 is offline   Reply With Quote