Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 7th August 2009, 15:38   #1
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member
Default New Game Modes For COD4

Hey guys.

Being a member on the infinity ward forums i thought i should post this up.

Some possible new/adjusted game modes coming to COD4 online

Quote:
As you know, We’ve been playing around with a lot of different playlist variations for the last several weeks and we’ve got quite a few cool mash-ups and gametype tweaks in the wings. It’s no secret that adding new playlists (or anything to multiplayer) takes a long time. There is a lot of careful planning and consideration that goes into anything new we add to the overall gameplay experience of the game, and nothing is added unless we’re completely convinced it will add to the overall experience. So as you can imagine, we play the hell out of any new addition we even consider before we consider it “good to go”.

That said.

The good news is, we have a few playlists that can be implemented via a playlist update (no patch required) and a few that we’re determining now if they can be added; the bad news is a few of them that can only be implemented via a patch. We’re still in talks to see if a small patch is feasible within our current production schedule, so I’ll let you know as that’s determined.

Remember though, nothing is final until it’s actually released. I don’t want you guys to be disappointed if something doesn’t pass QA, but to give you an idea of what we’re currently testing and where we stand with each playlist:

Hardcore Headquarters - No Patch Required

Testing is completed for Hardcore HQ. This playlist has standard HQ rules w/ Hardcore Settings. Limited HUD, Increased Bullet Damage, and Friendly Fire Enabled.

Hardcore Ricochet Playlist - Currently Testing

We’re currently testing this playlist now to see if a patch will be required for it or not. We should know soon. This is the No Teamkilling playlist. Any damage a teamkiller attempts to do to their team mates is reflected onto themselves only. Therefore, if they attempt to shoot an RPG into the ground at the beginning of the match; the only person who will die, is the Teamkiller. This eliminates the fear of being shot in the back by some asshole, but still encourages players to play tactically and not throw random nades, because if you accidentally hit a teammate, you’re only going to end up killing yourself and they’ll go unharmed. No Teamkilling, No Random Nades. This playlist will include the variant for Hardcore Teamdeathmatch, Hardcore Search and Destroy, and Hardcore HQ.

Sudden Death Sabotage - Currently Testing

Sabotage with no respawns. Fast-paced and intense Sabotage. No more hiding with the bomb until time runs out for sudden death. Increased XP per kills to encourage Team Deathmatch mentality. Defend your objective, while attempting to secure the bomb and plant on theirs. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. No second chances. We’re currently testing to see if this can be implemented without a patch.

Second Chance Search and Destroy - Currently Testing

Search and Destroy with 1 respawn each. This completely revamps your Search and Destroy tactics. No longer will lucky frag or well-placed claymore end your chance of victory. Each player has 1 respawn, creating longer more thoughout attack / defend strategies. Eliminate enemy players, and cut off their reinforcements while you defuse.

——–

If all these get past Quality Assurance (Test) with zero bugs, then we’ll be able to implement these four new playlists rather quickly (once QA and Localization is finished). In addition, we plan on adding Killhouse to more playlists and adjusting the amount of XP you get in certain playlists. (i.e. double XP in hardcore and new playlists).

Hit the jump for the playlists we’d like to do, but would require some code work to implement.

The following gametypes would require code support in order to implement. Which means we’d have to patch. Now anytime you require a patch that’s a much lengthier process than just doing a playlist update because it requires code work, very extensive QA both internally, at Activision, and at Microsoft / Sony. Which is why we want to attempt to get the playlist updates ABOVE out first, and then see what our options are with the ones BELOW. The ones which require additional support include:

Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch - Patch Required

Team Deathmatch with no perks and no air support. Problem: Slot 1 Perks Glitch

Hardcore Free for All - Patch Required

Free For All with Hardcore Settings. Problem: UAV glitch

Team Elimination (Last Man Standing) - Patch Required

3 round Team Deathmatch w/ no respawns. Switch sides each round. Problem: Round Switch Glitch

Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy - Patch Required

Search and Destroy but all attackers spawn with a bomb. Problem: Planting Glitch
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 15:54   #2
-Dan-
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Millenium Falcon
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice

If they can get most of these implemented in time for Modern Warfare 2 I can safely say I may never turn my PS3 off. Awsome stuff from IW.
-Dan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 12:23   #3
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

I read a few and they sound awesome.

No Teamkiller ftw.

Why is HC HQ on there though?

It makes me think that message is old?
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 12:40   #4
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Sudden death Sabotage, This basically Search and Destroy??
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 12:44   #5
Liam_LFC_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): French piece of shit. (VTR)
Liam_LFC_VTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkers View Post
Sudden death Sabotage, This basically Search and Destroy??
No. Search and Destroy you take turns to defend/attach in sabotage you don't...........
Liam_LFC_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 13:46   #6
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_LFC_VTR View Post
No. Search and Destroy you take turns to defend/attach in sabotage you don't...........
Yeh but its the same principle pretty much
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 14:09   #7
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

I get what both of you are saying.

But it will be like 1 round of HC S&D. Could be bad for uber campers!
Old 8th August 2009, 14:13   #8
Liam_LFC_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Ireland Region Member

HC S&D sucks balls.....

Most of the team can die in the first 2 or 3 seconds due to people firing n00b tubes from one side of the map to the other,plus teamkillers suck........

Core S&D ftw
Old 8th August 2009, 14:50   #9
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Aye I agree which is why I play normal S&D the most.

No teamkiller would attract me to it though.
Old 8th August 2009, 17:41   #10
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Whoooo.

But this is a stupid time to bring them out.

MW2 will own all, I play on CoD4 now and then and I feel its getting dated.

Maybe just because MW2 is on its way out though.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:53   #11
BenTen
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Honda civic ek3
BenTen is on a distinguished road

This sounds amazing!!!!! Omfg i cant wait!!!!!!!
BenTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:57   #12
Liam_LFC_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Ireland Region Member

They should have brought these out months ago..........