Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 20th September 2015, 22:26   #1
IanRyan
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Persian 99 Saxo 1.4 Westcoast, Posi 99 Saxo 1.4 We
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
IanRyan is on a distinguished road
Default Peugeot 207 GT 150 THP #MissBetsy - Northern Ireland

Hi Guys,

I have been on Saxperience for a number of years but haven't been too active lately. The #MissBetsy build started about 6 months after I bought the car, it was just lacking a little bit of something. Turned out to be the timing chain stretched and the HPFP packed in. I was in two minds, sell it or make it faster. I went with the lather and I still ask myself why!!! I have spent a lot over money on the car over the past two years between repairs & modifications and I am almost finished with how the car looks, a few more cosmetic things to be carried out and it will be complete. Engine wise, eh its ok for now just on the lookout for a second hand motor to build...

So back in 2013 and after crashing my saxo in the ice it came apparent that it just wasn't safe to buy another (This was number 3). So I went on the hunt for a fast, economical, decent insurance and decent tax band car. Then the 207 GT popped up. I went on several test drives but couldn't find one in Black so I was on the hunt again. Finally a Black 2007 207 GT came up with only 29k on the clock and a FSH. Within 30min I had the deposit paid and fights booked, off to England I went.

First thing on the to do list was to get it lowered, I had limited funds so went with what I could get. Raceland/Rokkor coilovers and to be fair the suspension in my saxo was worse.

It was around this stage I lost my job and the timing fu*ked up! So the car spent 6 weeks off the road until I got a new job and funds together to get the £700 repair done. Once the timing was fixed I then discovered the HPFP was done. Another £200 odd for the part but luckily this was something I could do.

So the car was running 100% again and had a lot more poke about it, this was the turning point in the build of #MissBetsy. So I purchased a Forge BOV and Induction Kit, both of them combined together made an incredible noise.

Next up was a few cosmetic modifications. The car got re-registered so I had to get new number plates, pressed plates where the big thing so that's what I got, I also de-badge the rear keeping the lion as their is two pin holes behind it. Each sticker adds 5 bhp did you know???

Winter had came and gone with nothing done to the car bar a wash or two, it was too bloody cold to be out washing it. So I felt bad and decided to treat the car to a few more cosmetic modifications. A road trip it was, I got the missus up at 7am to make my way up to Portrush to collect a SP Grille & SP Bumper Caps. Before I fitted them I stuck some flyeye on the fog lights, never again!!

I got a few presents for Christmas well I should say the car got a few presents for Christmas. Although with the weather I wasn't fitting anything. So I saved up the pennies and got a longlife exhaust built by Street Racer in Bangor. Since this was getting done I fitted the Powerflex lower engine mount & team heko wind deflectors.

I had gave the car a HARD 20000 miles so it was due, overdue a major service. So it begun. All oils & filter replaced along with the coolant, brake fluid, discs, pads & brake lines.

So after all that hard work I though to myself 'I should be sitting in something that is comfy'. The hunt began to get a set of 207 GTI seats. If you didn't know they are a 'bucket seat' which where like hens teeth to get. Whist on another forum I got a message from a member telling me he is selling his. I couldn't believe it so I paid him and booked a courier to collect the from Scotland.

At this stage I was still running the standard alloys but my funds just wouldn't allow me to buy the wheels I wanted. So I went with some cadburys purple spray wrap. It was fantastic until it got dirty, nearly impossible to clean.

Wheels were done, I was happy with the cosmetic look of the car, well as much as my budget would allow. My birthday came along and I was given some money. This only mean't one thing, time for a remap or two. I got a Stage 1 & Stage 2 eTuners remap. To be honest, the Stage one has yet to be used... The car was remapped and what a difference it made, it was a flying machine (Well for a 1.6) I was so happy but the performance bug got me. I soon got bored of the power and I wanted more so a decat was required. I don't think my neighbours where too happy about this.

Old 20th September 2015, 22:26   #2
IanRyan
Frequent Poster

The spray wrap was pis*ing me off by this stage, it was making the car look dirty so it had to go. I did decide this the night before C4C 2014 and didn't manage to get all the wheels done. The pink fogs where for added effect.

The last event the car was taken too in 2014 was CCL2014 bar the rain I had a great day with French Car NI walking away with several trophies. A few days before CCL2014 I got some Forge Motorsport Boost pipes, they had to be fitted. So off I went with my new shinney parts to the garage and fitted them and finally put the latest remap on (No. 4). The car was fast, much faster than before. I averaged 21mpg on the way to CCL2014.

I wanted to know what power the car was, it had developed a slight engine knock which took me over a year to find out what was the cause after £100's spent in trying to resolve it. Onto the dyno she went at ECC. Made 198.3bhp and 234.4 ft/lbs. This is when we knew something wasn't right. With the remap I should have been seeing close to 210bhp.

So at this stage I was in a huff. The car wasn't preforming and I couldn't find the cause. I was bored of the look so I got the windows tinted and added some roof bars. Needed something to put my mountain bike on Yo! I don't even own a mountain bike....

At CCL 2014 I got a slight itch for drag racing. Drag Racing Ireland had a 'Last Blast' event on so I thought stuff it, if it blows up it blows up. To my surprise it didn't and done a 14.8 pass. I was happy again, the bug was back and it was time to start doing more performance modifications to the car.

First on the list was a new re-circ valve, the standard one was on its way out. This was yet another common fault, the bloody list is the length of my arm... So a Forge Re-Circ Valve it was. More shiney parts, I am like a magpie.

I was on the phone with eTuners again. This time for a stage 2+ remap with No Lift Shift/Anti Lag. I got my hands on a second hand FMIC that was fitted along with a boost gauge and I was getting the car ready for 2015. The map got done and the dash board turning into a Christmas tree, in fact my Christmas tree didn't have that many lights... The car developed super knock, deadly for these engine apparently... I drove on in fact I went out drag racing again this time I couldn't get any better that 15.0 second passes. I knew the car was off but not by that much.

After that drag event I went back to the drawing board. I just couldn't find out what was wrong. So to cheer myself up I bought some new wheels, XXR 527's I was in love again. This made me more determined than ever to get the car going right. I took the car to several events this year to show off the new wheels.

Next on my to do list was the turbo oil feed, it was pis*ing oil everywhere, so I got a HEL Performance Turbo Oil Feed made up. I am surprised my turbo still works everything was jet black showing oil starvation.

CCL2015 was coming up, this was it, it was time to get the car fixed... A few weeks before hand I had the 207 at bishopscourt drag racing and decided to take the front bumper off. This is when I noticed two problems, the FMIC & Air Filter.

So I rang forge motorsport and ordered a new air filter, in fact a bigger air filter. The FMIC had broken off its mounts (A long time ago by the looks of it). Both the silicone hoses were trapped and it just looked sh*t. I recruited the help of my mate Chris who with his patience got the FMIC sitting correctly and with no restrictions. I got the air filter changed out and BANG!!! The car was fixed. No more knock nor hesitation. And boy she was much much quicker. I was so happy and I still am. I have a smile on my face every say I drive it. I can't complain considering she is on 75k now as well. I had purchased a set of Facelift rear lights which I fitted to the car also. They make the back end look much more clean.

Thanks for reading guys, I am still carrying out work on the car but it will slow down as I will be becoming a father in February and I cannot wait!!! I do apologise if I have went on a bit.

Check out French Car NI Facebook Page for more photos & follow me on Instagram (IanRyan1994) to see some of the videos from Drag Racing this year along with the Anti-Lag.

Here is some videos from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFII7MU8AwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z87sCO8FCCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSQJPyTrxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9QjpbYGhFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvLTMTG-GY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgoCtOtCCA
Old 22nd September 2015, 02:41   #3
IanRyan
Frequent Poster

Knew I would forget something. I got a Peugeot RCZ badge of a good friend of mine a few months back. I think it makes the front end look much cleaner.

Here a picture of the anti-lag. Who doesn't like a picture of flames

Finally, a few pictures from my travels last week. Please note my fantastic Instagram skills.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Old 4th October 2015, 05:37   #4
IanRyan
Frequent Poster

So I finally got some videos from drag racing this year edited & uploaded to YouTube.

For once I will let the videos do all the talking... Note, I had the car in reverse at one stage. Lucky enough I noticed before launching.

https://youtu.be/KbEZzznkv-o

https://youtu.be/0Uqw90gf5Dc

https://youtu.be/5-LFziuwCIg