Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 27th October 2015, 14:08   #1
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road
Default Dan's EM1 B20 Project !

So got a new project on the go plan is to drop a b20 in the car in summer.

So I was on the hunt for a ek4 ideally but then a EM1 came up fairly local cheap and tbh EM1 are not my favourite shape but they can be made to look good and there abit different main reason I bought it though is because of how clean the shell is and the arches not even a speckle of rust on the car still on original arches took the shitty rubber bits off where water collects up.

So went to view the car Saturday big standard owned by a old man all its life then a young lad for 6 months so left a deposit all seemed fine bit of a knock from front think It's a gearbox mount or could be the shitty induction kit that flaps about, Half way home had a big problem I stalled it and when I tried to start it back up the car kept cutting out and wouldn't start, seemed fuelling related it would start and die instantly, after finally getting it home I realised that if you start it and flick the ignition on and off fast it would start so think the problem is faulty ignition switch got a spare one of them from the coupe that I'm breaking but would appreciate any advise that anyone could help me, big thanks to the guy in a vxr that helped me push the car off the roundabout safely I'll never slag off a Vauxhall again Hahahah.

Got a fair few plans for the car going to try prep abit for when b20 goes in so its all as smooth as possible:

Lower it the coupe I'm breaking has 40mm springs so I'll put them on temporary until I buy coilovers

Wheels and decent rubber

Tidy up bodywork bumpers need spraying bit of lacquer peel on both woudnt mind a bys if anyone's got one

Full exhaust system 2.5"

Recaros, steering wheel, ek9 carpet

Ek9 headlights

282 fronts

Little subtle bits

Picture of me and my mate at petrol station just after I picked it up, some of you might recognise the ek4 is my old one I had a few years ago he's just bought it off the guy I sold it to.

Swapped the stupid flappy induction kit on my dinner only temporary, until I buy a AEM, just to see if it shuts up the knocking noise if not I'll order polybush engine and gearbox mounts.

So it's going to be kind of a double build I'll do another post later with engine specs and how far I am at the moment not going to be a mad high comp b20 just a pretty basic one.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 22:36   #2
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Right so I'll update my engine bit of the build managed to get my self a auto b20b that's done 70k, stripped box, torque converter and head off checked all the bottom end over all seems fine.

The plan was to build it with rs machine 84.5mm Pistons balanced bottom end b18c head etc but I bought a few cars so budget took a little hit, so I'm going to go on more of a budget build, daz the God of b20s says it's fine to take bottom end to 8k with no issues, so I'm going with a b18c4 head should make decent midrange and peak around 7.8k going to make it breath well hoping for around 210bhp 160lbft with a nice torque curve, and a s80 or s9b box not sure what will be best suited, 70mm TB came today, GE conversion kit and ARP head studs should be in the post too

In other news changed head unit tonight for one that works and all wires behind stereo have tape on that says "alpine approved" and it's genuinely one of the best systems i have heard so well happy with that.
Old 9th November 2015, 00:15   #3
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

So been very busy few ups and downs too, first of all set out to get her low had some 40mm springs supplied with the car but turns out that they wasn't even for a civic, so purchased some cheap ta coilovers off a local lad only a few months old so set about putting them on, then found out it was way too low snapped my exhaust in half and smashed the flange off the manifold, then put my new exhaust on and couldn't get up my street so Iv woudnt them up to just a subtle 35mm drop and I'm happy with that did look better low but function over form all day long.

So then set about sorting the exhaust out even that turned out to be a night mare full true 2.5" system, thought it all looked good and would all line up well, manifold went on nice as did decat and centre section, got to the backbox it fits but think I have been sold the wrong one as it sits around 4" short of the bumper so doesn't stick out so it looks silly I have emailed them think they may have sent me a dc2 backbox, but apart from that it sounds well and goes a little better should make good gains for the b20 they need to breathe.

Also had abit of spare time at work so I split the headlights, did the inserts black, jap plates, led number plate lights ripped out the a/c

My head came this week too so I'll lap the valves and do stem seals get it skimmed when I get a chance still waiting on my golden eagle conversion kit and head studs, and a few pictures of how she sits atm .