Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 8th August 2019, 11:43   #1
Davis08

Davis08 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice

Good morning,

I’m hoping some knowledgable folk on here could help me.

I’m currently the owner of a 1997 VTR mk1 in green. I’ve had an absolute blast in this car. I’d always wanted a VTR and it was a joy to pick it up a few years back. Unfortunately, I need to let it go now due to an expanding family. I’m an absolute amateur when it comes to cars, but I’ve came here in the hope that someone could give me some advice on what would be a far and realistic price to sell my saxo at. I’m seeing some absolutely crazy prices for some VTRs and VTS’ that are for sale on the usual sites. I am aware that what I own could be described as rare to a certain extent. I’ve seen it described as a future classic as well. I don’t have my head in the clouds, or expect I’ll be getting silly money for it though.

Anyway, I’ll stop boring you all to death. On to the actual car itself. Other than me upgrading the stereo from the original tap player, it’s completely original and unmolested inside and out. 85k miles, part service history, mot until Jan 20. It’s recently had some welding work carried out to resolve the common rust problems (I’m aware this may put people off). Unfortunately, it does have some light body work damage here and there, as in scrapes, but no large dents - I’d say nothing out of the ordinary for a car of its age. All electrics work perfectly. Sun roof has no leaks. I also had all of the alloys professionally refurbed last year. It’s never been in a crash.

I’m aware that I’ve only just signed up to this forum today and I hope that it does not come across to members that I am just leeching for advice here and then never returning. I am just genuinely unsure as to what this cars worth might be and I’d rather list it correctly and fairly to appeal to someone who knows what they’re doing and will appreciate it. This post is not me trying to sell it here as I’m aware this is not permitted.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Davis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2019, 18:47   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Realistically you'd be looking about £800-1200, I'd stick it up for £1500. Someone who wants it will offer the correct price for it.

VTS is creeping up slightly but I've not seen any standard ones sell for over £2000 yet - except the showroom perfect ones.

impossible to really stick a price on something like that though, without seeing it first hand. a good weld repair shouldn't really affect the value.