Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 20th November 2007, 19:25   #201
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I like the idea of all writing a cheque, putting in a note with what we'r after, sending it to jeeves_101. Then he sends them all off to newmans. I think it'll be much easier this way !!!
Old 20th November 2007, 20:05   #202
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

pretty much all info is in post 191.

i will phone newman again at a later date regarding any other further details etc etc, such as cost of postage, exact discount for cambelts and to see if anything more can be done to the price of the cams.
Old 20th November 2007, 20:06   #203
camaro123

camaro123 is on a distinguished road

just added mayself to the list number 21. i have a vts and want the ph3 LIST OF PEOPLE FOR VTS CAMS
1. Jeeves_101 - VTS - PH3's
2. raunchz - 16v PH3's + followers
3. b0t13 (after jan/late jan)
4. jazz_360 - PH3 (vts)
5. frankie640 - PH3 (16v and followers)
6. Dibz - PH3's + Followers - GTi
7. Pricey - PH4 - VTS
8. my_vtech_eater - PH3's(vts)
9. Joshap1 -ph3 (vts)
10. garysvts (vts)
11. pug205gti87 (vts weekend)
12. Soulless - VTS
13. Bake - PH3's (GTi)
14. Bertie - vts 16v (PH3)
15. Craigyyboi_Vts - Vts 16V (PH3)
16. Roy_VTS -03' vts 16v (stuff it ph3)
17. Hecky - vts ph3 please
18. Cat - VTS ph3's + followers
19.Steve_VTS ph3's (ah go on then lmao)
20. ViperGFX - PH3s - VTS[/QUOTE]
21. camaro123-vts 16v (ph3)
camaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 20:11   #204
Dibz
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTi
Dibz will become famous soon enough

Thanks jeeves your doing a great job!

The price is already excellent but if we can theres no harm in getting them cheaper! Shame they dont do springs, will have to get them from catcam or piper etc. Im in for PH3's, Followers and cambelt.
Old 20th November 2007, 20:14   #205
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I second that !!! Fair play to you jeeves !! Is going to be a huge group buy !!

Last edited by raunchz; 20th November 2007 at 20:20.
raunchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 20:31   #206
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

What else is needed to fit the VTR cams? Is it a job that can be done by myself or will it require a garage to do it?
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 20:33   #207
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

you could fit the cams yourself, and if you have some know how you could set the correct timing so that damage wont occur, giving you plenty of time to get it booked in for mapping.

and really, you could just get cams, tho on a vtr an adjustable pulley is highly recommended.
Old 20th November 2007, 20:44   #208
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Again jeeves brill job will the group buy! Will i need to get an adjustable pulley or anything eles for my furio?
Old 20th November 2007, 21:10   #209
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

adjustable pulley would be recommened for anyone that doesn't have a vts
Old 20th November 2007, 21:28   #210
JayWard
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 307 HDI 110
JayWard is a jewel in the roughJayWard is a jewel in the roughJayWard is a jewel in the rough

what sort of increase could i expect on a 8v vtr?
JayWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 21:48   #211
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeves_101 View Post
you could fit the cams yourself, and if you have some know how you could set the correct timing so that damage wont occur, giving you plenty of time to get it booked in for mapping.

and really, you could just get cams, tho on a vtr an adjustable pulley is highly recommended.
So all I would need is a pulley? Anywhere that I can buy one from on the net?

You lot are mentioning springs etc so thought I would need more??
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 22:53   #212
Dibz
Infrequent Poster

Jeeves next time you ring them can you ask them wether standard valve springs should be used with GTI/VTS PH3 cams please as i have just read this on their site and want to clarify if new harder springs are needed:

Don’t over-spring the camshaft. Most modern engines have valve springs that can be used for Phase 1 and 2 camshafts and in
some applications Phase 3 cams. So use the lightest spring possible.

Cheers buddy!
Old 20th November 2007, 22:54   #213
AliC
Frequent Poster

AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

lol sorry about that, didnt see it!
Old 20th November 2007, 23:14   #214
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibz View Post
Jeeves next time you ring them can you ask them wether standard valve springs should be used with GTI/VTS PH3 cams please as i have just read this on their site and want to clarify if new harder springs are needed:

Don’t over-spring the camshaft. Most modern engines have valve springs that can be used for Phase 1 and 2 camshafts and in
some applications Phase 3 cams. So use the lightest spring possible.

Cheers buddy!
Good point actually, would like to know myself...
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 23:24   #215
AliC
Frequent Poster

Anyone no how much the pulley and belt is gona be?
Old 21st November 2007, 00:13   #216
vipergfx
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): veeteeess
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
vipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant future

jeeves well done mate, more discount would be great but the moneys ready waiting on this end
vipergfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 00:23   #217
RICKYP-RPM
Established Member

Car(s): shitroen spaxo vts
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
RICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to beholdRICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to beholdRICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to beholdRICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to beholdRICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to beholdRICKYP-RPM is a splendid one to behold

it would not be my daily drive so i'm wanting something special, what would i need for ph4? (vts) my head is already ported and polished with matched manifolds.

www.bumpstopbrigade.co.uk
www.rickyp-rpm.co.uk 07813 441969
RICKYP-RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 01:44   #218
Dibz
Infrequent Poster

Pretty sure you'll need TB's mate, according to newman PH3's are not recommended on standard inlet so PH4's will definately need them. PH3's are as wild as you can go without NEEDING TB's altho itl run smoother with them.
Old 21st November 2007, 01:50   #219
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibz View Post
Pretty sure you'll need TB's mate, according to newman PH3's are not recommended on standard inlet so PH4's will definately need them. PH3's are as wild as you can go without NEEDING TB's altho itl run smoother with them.
would a raceland induction kit be classed as standard inlet? or completely standard?
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 09:06   #220
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
would a raceland induction kit be classed as standard inlet? or completely standard?

Standard inlet is really the standard throttle body