Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th January 2008, 21:53   #101
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Silver VTR & Gunmetal Grey VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Matty-VTR has a spectacular aura aboutMatty-VTR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Oh cool mate. I was there about 8 months ago. Dave did some work with my cam timing on the rollers. Is Dave your old man?
Yeh hes my old man You local then?

@ Willsy - Don't rule the Omex out just yet mate
Matty-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 22:48   #102
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Not really, but I had some head work done by Neil Garner who's based in Cheltenham. He recommended I go see Dave for cam timing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 22:54   #103
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Not really, but I had some head work done by Neil Garner who's based in Cheltenham. He recommended I go see Dave for cam timing...
Yeh i know Neil...What you done to your engine then?
Old 9th January 2008, 23:11   #104
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-VTR View Post
@ Willsy - Don't rule the Omex out just yet mate
Unless the Omex can come with all the parts to make it virtually plug in and play the KMS is a surefire winner for my situation.

With the engine transplant theres no way i can hear the engine running before id get the ECU fitted (Standard ECU wont work as im using my existing keys, transponder, all ignition stuff)

So the KMS with a basemap which is easy to fit with single plug is the obvious choice
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 12:27   #105
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-VTR View Post
Yeh i know Neil...What you done to your engine then?
Neil fitted a big valve cylinder head for me. He's not exactly cheap I can tell you that!

Your old man recommended Omex 600 as the ECU of choice. He said that he wouldn't be the one who would wire it in though, that would need to be done by someone next door to him. I would bi interested in what they would quote for me for the complete job, I.e., installation of the bodies, ECU, loom and mapping...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 12:42   #106
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Neil fitted a big valve cylinder head for me. He's not exactly cheap I can tell you that!

Your old man recommended Omex 600 as the ECU of choice. He said that he wouldn't be the one who would wire it in though, that would need to be done by someone next door to him. I would bi interested in what they would quote for me for the complete job, I.e., installation of the bodies, ECU, loom and mapping...
Post up the quote you get dude
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 12:44   #107
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

I was hoping Matty might have a word...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 12:46   #108
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I was hoping Matty might have a word...
Matty - if your old man knows the fellas next door then that would be sweet

With a dad like that i want to know what you've had done lol?
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 15:10   #109
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:

No Neil isn't the cheapest your not the first person whos said that lol, you could of got that done at mech.

No he wouldnt be the one who makes up the looms etc, Mech Repairs next door do all the fitting + wiring, and Mech Motorsport do all the mapping & tuning etc on the rolling road.
Omex do produce their own TB's which are similar to Jenvy's. Ring either Mech Repairs for a quote on the fitting (01242 243385) or my dad (Dave) on 07711896878
Mapping would be approx £250 maybe £300 i would of thought.
I would of thought your engine with a ported head, cams, throttle bodies & omex would be a right little screamer!
Old 10th January 2008, 15:15   #110
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

It's non too shabby at the moment, just needs the bodies and management! Thanks for the info Matty, I'll certainly give them a ring to see what they can offer me.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 15:16   #111
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullet07 View Post
Matty - if your old man knows the fellas next door then that would be sweet

With a dad like that i want to know what you've had done lol?
Turned the boost up and fueling on my first car myself 306dturbo havnt put it on the dyno yet though no point it's only a shitty diesel lol.
Bought a VTR on friday though and have to get it through the MOT first..looking for a VTS engine to squeeze in summer time i'm thinking or start tuning this VTR engine.
4-2-1 Manifold, induction needs sorting, gasflowed head what sort of power am i looking at? Don't know much about these VTR engines
Old 10th January 2008, 15:17   #112
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 197 cup
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

toad man i gave you the quote i got from mech for fitting of the omex ages ago!
Old 10th January 2008, 15:20   #113
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcook View Post
toad man i gave you the quote i got from mech for fitting of the omex ages ago!
You did? Ooops!

Do you have a link to the info? IIRC, wasn't that without the installation of any bodies?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 15:25   #114
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

yeh was just teh info for having the omex supplied fitted and mapped
Old 10th January 2008, 15:26   #115
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

What did u lads get quoted? i'm going down Mech now so i'll ask
Old 10th January 2008, 15:32   #116
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

cannae remeber what it was but i definutly posted it somehwere so ill have alook in a minute, yeh see what prices you can get for omex supplied fitted and mapped on a mk2 vts cheers mate
Old 10th January 2008, 15:37   #117
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

On top of that, see what the costs are for installing the bodies too. Basically the whole thing mate! The price to carry out a full conversion, so install the bodies, sensors required, all the loom and ECU, and then mapping. Cheers fella!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 15:40   #118
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

found it, thats what i got from mech for the installation of the omex

mech motorsport in cheltenham got back to me with a porice for fitting the omex, its £600 for the ecu wiring and connects + vat, £360 to wire in +vat, 300+vat to map it
Old 10th January 2008, 15:42   #119
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

hmmm just seen this, been talking to emerald, get the ecu for 590 delivered if i get it whilst away, 275 for mapping, just need to find out how much it would be to fit the ecu from someone near to them.

still cant decide, cars just a toy so dont know if i should spend 1000 plus for the ecu or just map standard
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 15:44   #120
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

i presume thats excluding VAT for the ecu yates?