Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th April 2009, 17:37   #1
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Prelude VTi VTEC 2.2 G5, Black 52 VTR
James_Skylit is on a distinguished road
Default Powerflow custom exhausts?

Went down to my powerflow dealer today to get a quote, he had a look and he said that he reccomended a 4inch oval that would fit dead snug! Asked what sort of exhaust sound i was after and i was stumped lol! So i just said kinda loud but not too loud lol, what should i say?

But yeah he said i could get it booked in next week and and for everything £155 which isnt bad + life time guarentee, what do you guys think about powerflow?

Thanks
James_Skylit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:41   #2
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

pooflow? its your car mate, your going to put on it what you like but i wouldnt dream of letting them touch my car tbh, ive only seen, heard nothing but bad things about them
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:41   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I think they are shit. They are a franchise and so you can either get utterly shit work, or ok work depending on which dealer it is.

You pays your money you makes your choices
Old 27th April 2009, 17:48   #4
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

just dont!
i would rather a standard exhaust, they are crap, materials are poor quality, the workmanship is FUCKING dire i could do better in my shed.
I cant stress how shit they are, also the lifetime warranty is bollox and they always find away to get around it.

So just by a proper one, ie. supersprint, magnex etc etc

as ryan said they are a franchise, but the 2 near me, and the other custom exhaust place are all pap. Yes you might have a good one. They all very good at selling it to you, so just ingore them. The power gains are bollox, been proven to worsen the performance of some cars. The work is always done by a 17 year old that has been on like a 1 day zorst course.

Last edited by Mr_X; 27th April 2009 at 17:51.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:49   #5
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Prelude VTi VTEC 2.2 G5, Black 52 VTR
James_Skylit is on a distinguished road

Not rated then

Im so glad i always check sax-p, if you guys think that i would be better off buying a piper, supersprint etc i rather do that, just someone at work has a poweflow system and it sounds pretty nice.
James_Skylit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:59   #6
wellsy
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mazda rx8 turbo
wellsy will become famous soon enough

I thought my old system from powerflow was quite good Had a twin pipe with 4" ovals, looked and sounded the muts nuts
Old 27th April 2009, 18:03   #7
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

seriously though the welding etc is shite.

powerflow = max power (as in the magazine)
Old 27th April 2009, 18:05   #8
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

There shite for many reasons.

-Being francised they want to make money so cut corners. for example theyll cut your centre section to make it easier to fit there back box but it means you cna refit the oem back box.
-They can use two grades of steel, they generally use the cheaper due to being easier to weld/bend.
-there generally designed to be loud as fook under 3k revs and rasberry over, so you can look cool crusing around town or sitting in maccy d's.

I could go on but relly cba there utter shit end of...

Matt.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:07   #9
robert_waite
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 2001 VTS
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
robert_waite is on a distinguished road

I have to agree that they can be a bit shit. I got a custom exhaust done on my Audi and would have been better off with a Milltek in the end.

They put the pipe inside the cat pipe so it was a smaller diameter, then one of the hangers fell off and in the end most of the sound deadening went in the back box so I would just stick to a tested brand mate.

The warranty are toilet paper mate as a lot of them do not cover changing from the standard tune of the car and have a daft cleaning / service check policy.

I was a bit gutted in the end as I had 3 journeys and should have got a Milltek.
robert_waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:13   #10
vtrjay
Established Member

Car(s): Black Mk2 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (75%)
vtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud ofvtrjay has much to be proud of

Mate i really recommend them mate i went down too demon tweaks last friday and had one fitted was £150 fitted and after a few days it has gone so nice noise from it and it sits perfect!!! they ask u how u want it and how loud etc other people just dont like them coz they are going with each other and tryin too tag along dont listen mate they are awsome!!! heres some pics of mine matey its the 3 1/2 inch outrolled tip

Old 27th April 2009, 18:32   #11
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 8v
Macey2009 is on a distinguished road

ive got quad exhausts out the back of my vtr that was made by powerflow and ive had no problems but most of the sound from the exhaust comes through the car and over come my fucking stereo system lol thats at peek revs? also it knocks on the rear bodykit and the rubbers werent put on properly so it rests on the body and started to slightly melt it so i have to move it over myself? id recomend maniflow!!! me mate got them to put a single pipe on his fiesta 2.0 litre conversiona nd it souns mint and is alot more pokey
Macey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:42   #12
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrjay View Post
Mate i really recommend them mate i went down too demon tweaks last friday and had one fitted was £150 fitted and after a few days it has gone so nice noise from it and it sits perfect!!! they ask u how u want it and how loud etc other people just dont like them coz they are going with each other and tryin too tag along dont listen mate they are awsome!!! heres some pics of mine matey its the 3 1/2 inch outrolled tip
your joking right?

why would people gang up and tell him they are shit for no reason?
i dont think so, were trying to help and guide in the right direction. pooflow are rubbish i no because i have seen there work loads of times. very poor quality of exhaust for the money involved
Old 27th April 2009, 18:42   #13
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Like above, sometimes can be good, but msot of the time shite from what i have heard / seen.

Would just buy a Magnex, Piper, SS, Sportex etc and fit it yourself

Bond with your car

^^^^^^^^^^
Not in a gay way
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:42   #14
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2001 mk2 Silver Saxo VTS
waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts

hey matey

First off..everyone on here all have the same mods on there car...they all agree wiv each other also...

I have a power-flow exhaust a 4inch oval shape also..but one each side my saxo.. And to be honest i love the sound its defo improved my performance. and it looks well nice...
Defo have one on my next car...

But its upto you matey do you wanna copy everyone else on this forum or have your own style... I would say go for it....ii like mine
waynaldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:42   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrjay View Post
other people just dont like them coz they are going with each other and tryin too tag along dont listen mate they are awsome!!!
Or that ive seen some of the utterly shit excuses for exhausts powerflow have done over several years of being around modified cars.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:43   #16
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey2009 View Post
ive got quad exhausts out the back of my vtr that was made by powerflow and ive had no problems but most of the sound from the exhaust comes through the car and over come my fucking stereo system lol thats at peek revs? also it knocks on the rear bodykit and the rubbers werent put on properly so it rests on the body and started to slightly melt it so i have to move it over myself? id recomend maniflow!!! me mate got them to put a single pipe on his fiesta 2.0 litre conversiona nd it souns mint and is alot more pokey
you say you have had no problems but then list aload of problems?
Old 27th April 2009, 18:44   #17
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Or that ive seen some of the utterly shit excuses for exhausts powerflow have done over several years of being around modified cars.
agreed
Old 27th April 2009, 18:46   #18
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynaldo1 View Post
hey matey

First off..everyone on here all have the same mods on there car...they all agree wiv each other also...

I have a power-flow exhaust a 4inch oval shape also..but one each side my saxo.. And to be honest i love the sound its defo improved my performance. and it looks well nice...

But its upto you matey do you wanna copy everyone else on this forum or have your own style... I would say go for it....ii like mine
We dont copy, its just that these things have been tried and tested and the people who know what there going on about EG - Ryan, Alexvts, Williamsvts
etc now whats good and whats bad.

I would rather listen to them, who experiment with these things in the real world, and give honest information, than an advert in the back of MAX POWER by a company who are just trying to make money.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.

Last edited by JamesR; 27th April 2009 at 18:49.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:47   #19
reedy87
L-plater
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Black MK1 VTS
reedy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ive got one on mine...so i would say go for it...its custom built to how you wont it so its gunna be differant from next guys saxo...they are not bad at all...dunt listen to sheep on here and get brain washed...
reedy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:48   #20
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynaldo1 View Post
hey matey

the reason why we all have magnex, piper, super sprint etc is for performance. having 2 4 inch exits will reduce your exhaust back pressure far too much thus bogging your car down.

it depends what your wanting to build your car for. if your after a show car then fair enough but if your building a track slag etc and you think your gaining power by 2 4 inch exhausts then your mistaken im afraid