Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th July 2009, 23:21   #21
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DusheR is on a distinguished road

naaa I think its the setting of the solenoids. Just do a bit research mate thats what Im doing:

http://www.noswizard.com/technical.php

Good read
Old 8th July 2009, 23:26   #22
VtsTom
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk4 Anniversary golf. 106 Quiksallye
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!

Think the dude from Tweequed can sort you out a WON kit at a very reasonable price. He was selling a 11lb bottle kit with 50 jets for under £400 a little while ago. Think Martin is his name or something... Ryan will point you in his direction
VtsTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 23:39   #23
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

That sounds great. Who should I contact? Is there a website etc? Shall I contact Ryan?
Old 8th July 2009, 23:46   #24
VtsTom
Saxperience Forum Bum

VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!

I know the dude has a user name on here but i cant bloody remember it. Ryan will look in here and tell you, no doubt.
Old 9th July 2009, 04:25   #25
maddison_vts
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2000 phase 2 Saxo VTS Turbo 2000 Nissan 200sx S14a
maddison_vts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Should I look out for a good Nitrous kit first and fit it to the VTR? You know any good wheel mounted buttons or do you have to buy the full steering wheel with the buttons already on?
yeah definately, no harm in fitting it to the vtr engine first, all you should have to do when you do the engine swap is pull the fogger out and re-drill a hole on the vts inlet.

as for steering wheel buttons, i've not massively looked into them but sparco do button kits, but the steering wheels with them built in look a bit nicer imo!
maddison_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 13:42   #26
VTurboR
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR Turbo
VTurboR is on a distinguished road

i was thinking of doing this but not shore if the engine will be able to stand me running 10psi of boost & 50bhp shot of Nos on prity standard internals??? sorry to hijack the tread anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
VTurboR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 14:09   #27
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTurboR View Post
i was thinking of doing this but not shore if the engine will be able to stand me running 10psi of boost & 50bhp shot of Nos on prity standard internals??? sorry to hijack the tread anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
You have 10 PSI on standard internals
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 16:21   #28
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddison_vts View Post
yeah definately, no harm in fitting it to the vtr engine first, all you should have to do when you do the engine swap is pull the fogger out and re-drill a hole on the vts inlet.

as for steering wheel buttons, i've not massively looked into them but sparco do button kits, but the steering wheels with them built in look a bit nicer imo!
Thinks thats what Im going to do. Going to try and get a WON kit on a budget of 400, second hand bottle me thinks. Ive been looking at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320357543923

Quite like the look of it too
Old 9th July 2009, 17:07   #29
VtsTom
Saxperience Forum Bum

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=235606

Thats Martins username. IIRC hes actualy a authorised supplyer of WON and thats a VERY good price
Old 9th July 2009, 17:07   #30
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

I am starting to consider running nos. Would the injectors be drilled into the manifold?or could they be fitted into the trumpets?

Also can you use nos on track? If not it would be a bit pointless.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 17:43   #31
Shak
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vts 106 xsi
Shak is on a distinguished road

you'll need to display a compressed gas sticker if you carry it on public roads. also means your car can't be towed away.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:46   #32
VtsTom
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
you'll need to display a compressed gas sticker if you carry it on public roads. also means your car can't be towed away.
No. Only commercial vehicles are required by law to display a flamable gas or compressed gas sticked. Private vehicles dont have to
The Following User Says Thank You to VtsTom For This Useful Post:
Old 9th July 2009, 18:42   #33
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtsTom View Post
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=235606

Thats Martins username. IIRC hes actualy a authorised supplyer of WON and thats a VERY good price
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli144 View Post
I am starting to consider running nos. Would the injectors be drilled into the manifold?or could they be fitted into the trumpets?

Yeh they are mounted on the manifold. Looks the dogs biscuits! Better distribution that way.
Old 9th July 2009, 18:48   #34
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum

makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

The manifold is dead small, I dont really see how they would fit.
Old 9th July 2009, 18:53   #35
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Might not then. Google 'direct port nitrous' on images. Thats what I done
Old 9th July 2009, 19:00   #36
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum

Well looking at that it looks like they inject just before the port so I guess it would be fine to go into the manifold.
Old 9th July 2009, 19:14   #37
maddison_vts
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
thats a load of crap, legally you don't have to carry a compressed gas sticker, its advised that you do though.
Old 9th July 2009, 19:17   #38
maddison_vts
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli144 View Post

fitting to the trumpets would be fine as when the foggers spray, it will just get sucked in. would be better to have it on the inlet manifold but i'm 99% sure that fitting to the trumpets would work fine.

as for using on track, as far as i'm aware its fine. when i've been on track nothing has been said about nitrous.
Old 9th July 2009, 23:05   #39
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Hopefully if tweeqd gets back to me I should have the kit in the next couple of weeks.
Old 9th July 2009, 23:07   #40
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
fitting to the trumpets would be fine as when the foggers spray, it will just get sucked in. would be better to have it on the inlet manifold but i'm 99% sure that fitting to the trumpets would work fine.

as for using on track, as far as i'm aware its fine. when i've been on track nothing has been said about nitrous.
ok cool, I would only want it for track,would be useless on the road. I will look into this now, but a shot of nos would take me over the 200bhp mark for a time which would be fun.