Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 26th May 2006, 00:04   #1
nixy9
Frequent Poster

Car(s): a Mango Saxo Furio
nixy9 will become famous soon enough

hey all, gonna sound different to what you usually hear but i go to the gym as often as i can fit in but my main problem is that i dont think i have enough body fat to build muscle

has anyone got any ideas what i can do / eat to help me out

since i have started going more frequently i have put on a little weight (8lb) but thats not enough as i only weigh 9st 8, i have noticed my chest getting a little bigger but thats about it

do i need to put on more weight 1st to build muscle ?

Click Here-->www.VickyD.Co.Uk ^Not Me
Mango Furio / Fox Alloys / PECO Cat Back Duplex S/S Exhaust / K&N Filter /2 12" R Type Subs and now with a Private Plate N1XY V
nixy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 01:03   #2
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

fat doesnt turn into muscule nix. they are two separate 'thingys'
You need to eat the right grub... basically stuff with loads of protein... like white meat (chicken and fish) and well... protein enriched stuff.

working your muscules at the gym will create tiny little tears and the body uses the protien to repair them, along with making them stronger and bigger.

Keep up with the cardio and it'll burn away the fatty stuff.

Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 04:19   #3
nixy9
Frequent Poster

Car(s): a Mango Saxo Furio
nixy9 will become famous soon enough

ah right ooops

cheers for the tip mate

at each visit to the gym is it best to stick to one part of the body ? e.g. chest and shoulders one day then, lower body another day etc or does it matter?

and to build muscle i'm guessing i should be lifting heavier weights but how many reps should i be aiming to do?

Cheers again

Click Here-->www.VickyD.Co.Uk ^Not Me
Mango Furio / Fox Alloys / PECO Cat Back Duplex S/S Exhaust / K&N Filter /2 12" R Type Subs and now with a Private Plate N1XY V
nixy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 04:29   #4
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

you need to take in alot more calories daily. You need to eat... ALOT! just going to the gym isnt gonna help you... you will build muscle but you'll stay skinny and that wont be nice to look at.

try eatin every 3 hours, even if its just a few meal replacement drinks, your body will start getting used to it, so then you'll start eatin more n more.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 04:33   #5
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

do something like...

monday - chest, triceps
tuesday - shoulders, calfs
thursday - legs
friday - back, biceps

thats what i do

lift as heavy as you can, maybe around 3 sets of 10-12 reps

but remember to get your technique right before tryin the heavy weights, dont wanna injure yourself.

and always do a practice set first, with light weights
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 00:29   #6
nickolley2k
Regular Poster

nickolley2k is on a distinguished road

you have to make sure your eating at least 1gram of protein per pound of body mass, so if you weight is 150 pounds u need to eat 150 or more grams of protein a day.and u should really double your carbs so atleast 300-400 grams of carbs. eat every 2-3 hours and drink plenty of water.
nickolley2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 12:41   #7
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

Hay Nixy

PM me then i can reply & help you out!

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote