Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 10th May 2011, 18:53   #1
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of
Default iPhone 5 upgrade

Bit of a n00bish Q but this is the first contract phone I've had & I know sweet FA about contracts & upgrades...soooooo if I'm due an upgrade in nov later this year, could I upgrade to iPhone 5, providing it's released then, and If so, will I have to pay out the arse for it like alot more a month?
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 19:20   #2
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

the answer will more than likely be yes, you could be paying £20 a month for all we know, and they wont be giving you a new phone on that kind of price.
mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 19:22   #3
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

I pay £35 p/month atm;

300 mins
500 txts
1Gb data.
Old 10th May 2011, 19:38   #4
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

christ

i pay £20 and get

unlimited text/internet and 600 minutes

granted i did lose the free phone but still cheap non the less.

i recon when the iphone 5 comes out it will be about £50 a month'ish

best thing to do is wait, phones/technology move really fast and by november the phone market will have changed 147 times lol.

ALSO remember that they dont want you going to their rival companies, so try to bargain with them as much as possible, it's amazing what they are willing to throw in when you threaten to leave them.
best thing to do is about 2 weeks before your out of contract is call the disconnection team with a deal you have seen, asking if they can better it for you, i did this with o2 and they offered me a 3GS with same tariff as above for £25 a month, but didnt wanna be part of the iphone crowd so declined it
mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 19:45   #5
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Yeah for 35 squid a month I get fuck all.

I just dived straight in to that deal and didn't know if I could've got better..
Old 10th May 2011, 19:47   #6
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Best way to look at it is to look at the current pricing for the iPhone 4. Unlike most manufacturers, Apple are very strict in what their devices are sold for and prices do not usually drop until the next model is released.

Three currently do a package with 500 mins, 5000 texts, 1GB data for £35 per month and you only have to pay £30 for the phone.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 03:05   #7
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

It will be the best phone on the market, so you have to expect to pay abit more for it... Its like expecting to buy an audi s3 for the same price as a vts.. Ones way better than the other..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 14:25   #8
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
It will be the best phone on the market, so you have to expect to pay abit more for it... Its like expecting to buy an audi s3 for the same price as a vts.. Ones way better than the other..
exactly this, expect to pay more for the vts...

youll be looking at £35+ for a decent iphone 5 contract
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 10:09   #9
theJoker
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Selt Leon TDi 150
theJoker is on a distinguished road

does anybody know when its supposed to be released i heard september
theJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 01:53   #10
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I doubt september.. Watched a programme about apple the other day, they are way too secretive, anything that is said, about release dates, specs, anything, is kept under lock and key, untill it is actually advertised by them..

I cant see it coming out untill mid 2012, for the fact the white 4 has just come out, and they will want to shift a good load of them before bringing out something else... They usually make it so its a good time for people who 1st got the last iphone, to upgrade to the next.. giving them the perfect chance to shift millions on launch..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 12:36   #11
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
Yeah for 35 squid a month I get fuck all.

I just dived straight in to that deal and didn't know if I could've got better..
I was on that tarriff mate but don't think they do it now, when you upgrade your tarrif should change to unlimited texts and I think it is around the same price...

When I upgraded from 3GS to iphone 4 I had to pay a hefty handset charge probablly the case for you to!!

I foiund that sending my phone off to envirofone pretty much covered it though

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 12:42   #12
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJoker View Post
does anybody know when its supposed to be released i heard september
I've got a mate in the industry, he said apple will be making an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

...and iPad 3 out in the last quarter of 2011.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 13:07   #13
jw1325
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): NHB Civic TypeR
jw1325 is on a distinguished road

its out in July lads lolololol

I get it as soon as it comes out- for free- cause vodafone have spent the last 3 years fucking me about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
jw1325 owns my vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
LOL, you are fucking amazing. I so wish you were my friend.
jw1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 13:21   #14
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 10 (92%)
Delboy is on a distinguished road

it shall be released around July, as per, all the iPhones come out each year around this time. it wont be the best phone out, but it sure will be good. you will be looking at paying £50 a month if you get the phone for free, £40 a month with a good tariff and paying for the phone.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:09   #15
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
it shall be released around July, as per, all the iPhones come out each year around this time. it wont be the best phone out, but it sure will be good. you will be looking at paying £50 a month if you get the phone for free, £40 a month with a good tariff and paying for the phone.
Or if you're on Tesco, £35 a month on a 12 month contract. Handset about £250 I reckon

Besides it will be the best phone on the Market. I've known people that have gone from iPhones to samsung, HTC, blackberry etc that will be going back to an iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 14:23   #16
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

only people that dont have iphones refuse to believe the iphone is the best phone on the market, mostly htc fags, and BB just waffle about BBM..

jailbroken iphones rule the mobile world, End.
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 14:24   #17
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

I paid £169 for the 4 just as it came out and I get a shit-deal for £35.

So I reckon the 5 will be around £40 + £200 outright for the phone.

And it WILL be the best phone out, doubt there will be any HTC, Android that could compete.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:26   #18
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Or if you're on Tesco, £35 a month on a 12 month contract. Handset about £250 I reckon

Besides it will be the best phone on the Market. I've known people that have gone from iPhones to samsung, HTC, blackberry etc that will be going back to an iPhone
believe me, stats wise, it isnt the best. theres a new Samsung and HTC which has specs that are unreal. i wouldnt buy them for shit, id get the iphone for its design and simplicity, but still, the other phones are faster/quicker and more accessibility ect.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:27   #19
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:

And it WILL be the best phone out, doubt there will be any HTC, Android that could compete.
mate i work for a huge phone company, i know stats wise it wont. i would still rather have the iphone over any other phone by far like said above, but there are better specifications on other phones.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:42   #20
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post

Tesco is usually cheapest, how ever carphone warehouse have a "cheapest iphone 4 guarentee" thing at the moment, maybe this will carry over to the iphone 5? Although i guess this doesnt take into account airtime and texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
only people that dont have iphones refuse to believe the iphone is the best phone on the market, mostly htc fags, and BB just waffle about BBM..

jailbroken iphones rule the mobile world, End.
You are just as bad as the people who blindly protect android phones and blackberry phones.

Quote:

I would bet money on even the day that the iphone 5 comes out, there will be a better specced android phone available. Whether or not this will equal a better user experience is debatable.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote