Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 24th June 2013, 20:55   #41
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Not updated this in a while....

Few little bits changed on the car such as the egr valve which died. Luckily it was covered on warrantee so didn't cost me anything for ford to sort out. Car runs better than ever now, although it is due a service.

There are a couple of other little things that need sorting via the warrantee, so for now I've decided not to modify the car. I'll just keep all the modifications stockpiled do another couple of months until the warranty runs out in September, then stick them all on together
Keep finding bits for it though, picked up 2 genesis profile amps to run the stereo install, and got a set of Forge silicone intercooler pipes and a full 2.5" Mongoose stainless steel exhaust. Also just got a set of 320mm front disks and calipers off a focus ST225 eBay for cheap

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 09:15   #42
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Daft question, but how are your tyres holding up? I keep looking at the ST220 and the only thing putting me off is tyre costs...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 10:37   #43
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Tyres have been fine so far. The Pirelli's that came on the car were obviously part worn, and can't remember how old they were when I got it, but I probably put 10k miles on them before they needed changing.
Got nankang budgets on now and they are wearing fine. Had 5k on them and not worn much at all. And only cost just over £200 for the set if 4 delivered which wasn't bad at all. Tyre prices aren't much worse than any other car really. The 205 55 16 (iirc) on my pug 307 were similarly priced for premium brands.

As long as the tracking/alignment is ok tyre wear shouldn't be too bad.
They are a lot if car for the money. The petrol versions are getting cheap now as well as everyone is put off by the v6
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Old 25th June 2013, 10:51   #44
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
Tyres have been fine so far. The Pirelli's that came on the car were obviously part worn, and can't remember how old they were when I got it, but I probably put 10k miles on them before they needed changing.
Got nankang budgets on now and they are wearing fine. Had 5k on them and not worn much at all. And only cost just over £200 for the set if 4 delivered which wasn't bad at all. Tyre prices aren't much worse than any other car really. The 205 55 16 (iirc) on my pug 307 were similarly priced for premium brands.

As long as the tracking/alignment is ok tyre wear shouldn't be too bad.
They are a lot if car for the money. The petrol versions are getting cheap now as well as everyone is put off by the v6
Yep, some hovering around the 2k mark which is why my interested has peaked! But I think the standard tyres, the conti sports or something, are like £130 a pop, and that's pretty expensive. If your tyres are adequate and doing a decent job though, I may be more interested! Think the tyres on my Volvo were £77 a pop and they're doing ok, so I'd be happy enough with up to £80 I reckon. I don't really ever go for premium, just a mid range tyre is fine for me, don't drive hard enough to warrant anything more!
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 11:06   #45
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

That was my feeling as well. There is a lot of brand snobbery regarding tyres. I priced up oem tyres (Pirelli p rosso) but was getting quote of £400+ for the set. I've used nankangs before and although they aren't a premium brand, they've always been fine for me. They grip ok and wear well. I don't hoon the car round anyway. It's just a steady motorway workhorse really
Quote:
Old 12th April 2014, 18:57   #46
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Update on this.

Exhaust, decat and asbo brakes are all fitted. Brakes started with grooved discs and yellow stuff pads, but the discs caused vibrations and I didn't like it so swapped for standard discs which feel much better. Got braided lines on as well.

Then swapped the chrome door handle or all black off a pov spec car and painted the chrome strips below the windows. Painted the light inserts black as well.

The grey st alloys died courtesy of a pot hole so got some zetec s rims refurbished for winter:

Quote:
Old 12th April 2014, 19:01   #47
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Then these arrived:

Which are now fitted along with new summer wheels. I like how it sits now, the rear may come down a little further but it'll do for now

Quote:
Old 12th April 2014, 19:38   #48
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Looks smart, better in silver though.

Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 20:14   #49
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Meh silvers too common round me

I did look at one in silver when I shopping for one, but the sales man was a dick so walke away.
Quote:
Old 15th April 2014, 12:06   #50
u33db
Infrequent Poster

u33db is on a distinguished road

Nice.

I've had 5 Mk3s - 2 1.8s, a 2.2 (TitaniumX) and 2 TDCI 130s.

The last TDCI I had had an Airtec, Forge hoses, decat, lowered and tuning box...went well...maybe nearly as well as the boxes 2.2...but the Airtec was a complete ballache to fit and I've never do another.

For my current one i'll be going with the Racebits intercooler (see ST Drivers forum - they make as much power as the Airtec but smaller/easier to fit and only £150ish). Also got ST225 brakes for mine but still need to refurb some 17s before they can go on...

How's you're aux tensioner...mines rumbling like mad and I'm only on 46k!

Struggle to think of any car I'd replace mine with...it does everything well.
u33db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:16   #51
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by u33db View Post
Nice.

I've had 5 Mk3s - 2 1.8s, a 2.2 (TitaniumX) and 2 TDCI 130s.

The last TDCI I had had an Airtec, Forge hoses, decat, lowered and tuning box...went well...maybe nearly as well as the boxes 2.2...but the Airtec was a complete ballache to fit and I've never do another.

For my current one i'll be going with the Racebits intercooler (see ST Drivers forum - they make as much power as the Airtec but smaller/easier to fit and only £150ish). Also got ST225 brakes for mine but still need to refurb some 17s before they can go on...

How's you're aux tensioner...mines rumbling like mad and I'm only on 46k!

Struggle to think of any car I'd replace mine with...it does everything well.
My tensioner needs replacing. Horrible sound on it but I will wait a few weeks.
Old 15th April 2014, 20:59   #52
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Had my tensioner done last year at about 50k. Luckily I got a full ford warranty on the car so did it under that along with the egr valve.

I'd the airtec really that bad? I was going to try and tackle mine at the weekend.

I agree they are good cars. Not quite as quick as people make out but they are a good all rounder.
Quote:
Old 16th April 2014, 08:08   #53
u33db
Infrequent Poster

Well you've got to bear in mind I fitted mine to a 03 plate Zetec so didn't have the luxury of the deep ST bumpers therefore had a lot of cutting of the plastics.

From what I've read you won't have that problem BUT the Airtec is a lot wider so if you're fitting it with the Forge hoses you will certainly need to trim one of them by around 10-20mm IIRC (you'll see what I mean). As well as that as the Forge hoses don't bend as easy you may also need to move the metal U bend pipes behind the fog holes outwards by one bolt hole to get clearance.

Its worth the effort though...the Airtec looks awesome and you can run flat out everywhere without the same performance loss the standard IC suffers.

Is you're a Euro 3 or 4?

If its a 3 I'd get the EGR blanked ASAP but regardless get the inlet manifold off an cleaned out...I did my last one at 43k and you wouldn't believe the build up of crap inside that and the EGR...was like a different car when cleaned out!
Old 16th April 2014, 08:19   #54
Chris_O
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RB25'd s14a + 2008 MWB Transit
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Chris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura about

Same problem on transits with those fucking egr valves!
Old 16th April 2014, 08:56   #55
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

My EGR Valve needs doing.

What is the problem if doing it on a Euro 4?

I believe mine is Euro 4 with it being 06 plate. I think 05 onwards is 4
Old 16th April 2014, 09:10   #56
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post

Is it fucked? Or are you just wanting to blank it off?
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 09:13   #57
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Is it fucked? Or are you just wanting to blank it off?
Not fucked, I have this feeling it's never been cleaned and will be full of shit.

Blanking them off is supposed to make them perform better by all accounts.
Old 16th April 2014, 09:20   #58
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not fucked, I have this feeling it's never been cleaned and will be full of shit.

Blanking them off is supposed to make them perform better by all accounts.
gangsta
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 11:39   #59
u33db
Infrequent Poster

Quote:

Euro 3 is vacuum operated so you can just blank them with no issues.

Euro 4 are electronically operated so blanking them causes the engine light to come (though doesn't affect anything).

They work better with the EGRs blanked as the exhaust gases can't mix with the oily air from the turbo and cause soot build up. Mine is actually Euro 4 and I've blanked it...the engine light is a pain but as long as you check it occasionally with a reader (e.g. F-Super) to make sure theres nothing genuinely wrong its worth the hassle IMO.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:11   #60
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by u33db View Post
Euro 3 is vacuum operated so you can just blank them with no issues.

Euro 4 are electronically operated so blanking them causes the engine light to come (though doesn't affect anything).

They work better with the EGRs blanked as the exhaust gases can't mix with the oily air from the turbo and cause soot build up. Mine is actually Euro 4 and I've blanked it...the engine light is a pain but as long as you check it occasionally with a reader (e.g. F-Super) to make sure theres nothing genuinely wrong its worth the hassle IMO.
Won't it fail MOT like that though?