Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 4th September 2006, 18:34   #81
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts
But would something along the lines of a remap/chip not be able to increase the rpm limit

yes they can.

so we've established that the best way to make a vtr hit 60 in 2nd is to raise the limiter! lol. would that mean ur guna burn ur engine/gearbox etc out even quiker ye

depending on how high your RPM limit is set will determine what needs upgrading.

the engine manufacturers are not stupid. they've put a limit in for a reason which is to prolong the life of the engine. Increasing the limit by even a small amount and allowing the engine to rev to those amounts will wear out it exponentially not linearly.

i.e. the life of the engine is reduced quite dramatically (on a large mileage scale).
Old 4th September 2006, 18:34   #82
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
ricksimmonds can only hope to improve

andys_vts. just had a look. how does it work? from the picture it looks like it just replaces ur original gear stick?!
Old 4th September 2006, 18:34   #83
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Green mk1 vtr/s and Focus zetec
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
so to end this and bcak to the original question, lol

the ONLY 2 ways to increase gear speed is to

A)fit a longer gearbox
or
B)raise rev limit
or to narrow it down further, the only way to hit 60 in 2nd on a vtr is to raise the rev limit

lock ban delete.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:35   #84
Jonny_H
Established Member

Car(s): Honda Civic 53 Plate
Jonny_H can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_vts
I wasnt taking the piss,

http://www.gsmotorsport.com/precisio...ifts-p-26.html

these really do help, i fitted mine the other day, its quality to see how fast you change the gears!

arrrr.... are these where it;s jus a simple click/push up or down to change gear rather than moving the gear stick?

if so saw one of these on a vid of a supercharged clio v6. they do look shit hot...

also found it cheaper here...:...http://www.potn.co.uk/-_c618_4518_4522_p1615009.htm

Last edited by Jonny_H; 4th September 2006 at 18:38.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:36   #85
ricksimmonds
Established Member

so for the sake of showing of to ur mates about how fast u can go in second its not really worth it, it seems andys quikshift kit is best for making ur sprint time quicker
Old 4th September 2006, 18:37   #86
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billog_VTR
So going from what youve just said there you could just relocate the inlet to somewhere recieving more air? As in a headlight intake?
standard position is fine, but the standard cold air feed is restrictive at higher speeds, as is the filter (although filter has more to do with keeping induction noise down). replace both and you're laughing. using the term 'forced air induction kit' is a common mistake, as said the only way to physically force air into the engine is to compress it by super/turbocharging.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:38   #87
ricksimmonds
Established Member

i think they're called a sequential or sumit like that gear box, i thort that was different to this quikshift thing, lol we're the confused ones on here
Old 4th September 2006, 18:38   #88
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksimmonds
so for the sake of showing of to ur mates about how fast u can go in second its not really worth it, it seems andys quikshift kit is best for making ur sprint time quicker
blowing up your engine in front of your mates is never cool. then again so is showing off how slow... sorry 'fast' a vtr is.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:39   #89
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by england11_2004
arrrr.... are these where it;s jus a simple click/push up or down to change gear rather than moving the gear stick?
lol you want a sequential gearbox for 100quid ? no it makes the throw between gears a lot shorter that's all
Old 4th September 2006, 18:41   #90
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

the engine manufacturers are not stupid. they've put a limit in for a reason which is to prolong the life of the engine. Increasing the limit by even a small amount and allowing the engine to rev to those amounts will wear out it exponentially not linearly.

i.e. the life of the engine is reduced quite dramatically (on a large mileage scale).

not really, plenty people have 16v engines with a 7850RPM limit that have done lots of hard miles without any problems, if you do frequent oil changes then it will be ok.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:42   #91
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer
blowing up your engine in front of your mates is never cool. then again so is showing off how slow... sorry 'fast' a vtr is.
lol sory ad. im still young, nieve and very excitable about driving so i enjoy it!
Old 4th September 2006, 18:42   #92
Jonny_H
Established Member

as i sed earlier on about my mates VTR being rapid.... i have jus got a txt back off him sayin it did 82 in 2nd. i dunno wot he did cos he sed theres too much to rite in a txt. but thats wot he;s jus told me.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:43   #93
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:

not really, plenty people have 16v engines with a 7850RPM limit that have done lots of hard miles without any problems, if you do frequent oil changes then it will be ok.

so they leave it ramped up at 7850 for a long duration of time and it hasnt gone boom? i doubt it. It'll wear the engine far quicker fact.

They'll only be up there for a brief amount of time. and then they'll realise there is fock all torque at that region anyway...
Old 4th September 2006, 18:44   #94
Andy_S
Established Member

Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As sean sed it just shortens the throw between gears but deffinately worth it imo, if your into 0-60 sprints that is!!
Old 4th September 2006, 18:45   #95
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvtr81
lol you want a sequential gearbox for 100quid ? no it makes the throw between gears a lot shorter that's all
sorry to keep goin on about it mate, it says in that advert u put up that it doesnt change ur standard trim, so how is it fitted? im realy interested in one, isit worth the 130?
Old 4th September 2006, 18:45   #96
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

i dont mean sitting on the rev limi.

and with peak power at around 7600rpm on 708 cams thats where the rev limit needs to be, it doesn't get raised for no reason!!
Old 4th September 2006, 18:45   #97
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
as i sed earlier on about my mates VTR being rapid.... i have jus got a txt back off him sayin it did 82 in 2nd. i dunno wot he did cos he sed theres too much to rite in a txt. but thats wot he;s jus told me.
how was it measured mate?

never mind, he's taking nonsense. to hit 82 in 2nd on 15" wheels he'd need an 8500ish rev limit, on 17" wheels he'd need an 8000 limit (assuming power to get there). tuned vts's dont run that high a limit.

Last edited by Sean; 4th September 2006 at 18:50.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:46   #98
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Quote:
fuke me!! he must of changed the gear ratio or sumit surely? was the top end shite?
Old 4th September 2006, 18:46   #99
Jonny_H
Established Member

go to www.potn.co.uk get them for 80 mate i think it's the same thing. made by b&m anyways. have a look.
Old 4th September 2006, 18:47   #100
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
joker of the year award to your mate. no joking aside. if he has thats very very impressive.
Closed Thread