Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd May 2017, 18:29   #161
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Well my stress levels are currently through the roof just had to tow the car to the garage where my downpipe is being done I used a bar as thought would Be better my bloody tow eye snapped off so ended up having to use a rope which I hate using but got it there in the end but it proper made me sweat gotta do it again yet to bring it back urgh on a positive note my mate dropped me some oil off and a set of ngkbcr8es plugs so that has cheered me up a little I can't wait for all this to be over and done with lol
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 17:59   #162
gti180craig
Regular Poster

gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Well picked the car up today from having the downpipe done all went well there was a few issues with where the ic pipework was so that's all been moved and now it's running ready for mapping tomorrow wish me luck lol

Last edited by gti180craig; 10th July 2017 at 21:59.
Old 25th May 2017, 19:30   #163
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster247 View Post

I've lifted the rear of the bonnet 20mm to let the hot air out faster
Be careful rob as in a crash this could cause the bonnet to fold up into the windscreen as opposed to how it was designed to fold down.. I personally would put it back to how it was originally fitted..

as for the problems with the downpipe and IC fittings.. any photos of how it sits now? also any photos of the downpipe (how much did power flow charge you also and what was their turn around?)

I'm rejigging my entire setup so would be good to see and as I have a different turbo now I need a downpipe made up but there's nowhere close to me really...
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 21:00   #164
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
Be careful rob as in a crash this could cause the bonnet to fold up into the windscreen as opposed to how it was designed to fold down.. I personally would put it back to how it was originally fitted..

as for the problems with the downpipe and IC fittings.. any photos of how it sits now? also any photos of the downpipe (how much did power flow charge you also and what was their turn around?)

I'm rejigging my entire setup so would be good to see and as I have a different turbo now I need a downpipe made up but there's nowhere close to me really...
Guy at mr tyre charged me £200 but that was doing the downpipe clocking the turbo and re routing all my ic pipes so not to bad really guy was proper sound yea the welds aren't perfect but it does the job and given the circumstances he did a top job it took about 2 days will try and get some photos tomorrow for u matey if it doesn't explode lol
Old 26th May 2017, 12:13   #165
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

£200 (possibly less).. sounds a deal.. Everywhere around me wants £400 + just for a downpipe so I'm almost tempted to ask you to get a copy done depending on the flange, exhaust clamp fitting and routing
Old 26th May 2017, 14:02   #166
gti180craig
Regular Poster

I think you are gonna be better getting one made up on your car pal as it could be off if your turbo is sitting different to mine due to manifold position etc
Old 26th May 2017, 22:47   #167
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Well what a day first of all i wanna say a massive thanks to Wayne from chipwizards he grafted on my car today. My injectors were the wrong ones and I had a map sensor for a vts not a vtr so Wayne took me to get some new injectors and map sensor then preceded to spend all day setting up my car in the baking sun finally got her on the rollers and the boost was peaking over 17psi !!! We tried adjusting my actuator but the spring was way to stiff so the map had to be abandoned proper gutted but Wayne set my car up so that I can use it at least also noticed my hg has a external oil leak which I'm pissed about so it looks like it's gonna be a tough few weeks need to get the oil leaks sorted also need to either move my oil lines or get some heat protection and try and get a actuator with a softer spring im just relieved the car survived and sounded awesome tbf haha oh well I guess it's just one of those things I'm gutted like but onwards and upwards

Only pic I took today

Last edited by gti180craig; 10th July 2017 at 22:00.
Old 26th May 2017, 23:15   #168
robster247
Established Member

Car(s): Satin black furio
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
robster247 is on a distinguished road

You had problems then as well , like I said you will have come across something not right .

At least it will be easily sorted mate
robster247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 23:19   #169
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
You had problems then as well , like I said you will have come across something not right .

At least it will be easily sorted mate
Heres hoping mate just disheartening but hopefully I get my enthusiasm back for it
Old 27th May 2017, 11:49   #170
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Well just had my head looked at the hg is leaking in the common place from the front left so not sure what I'm gonna do about that they have offered to re do it all but it's a pain really also my clutch is slipping already ffs!! Really starting to lose interest now
Old 27th May 2017, 20:47   #171
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

You can't give up now, you're much too close to give up.
The oil pipes are a cheap easy fix.
Head gasket less so but still not a massive job. It will survive for a bit anyway, albeit making an oily mess on things. Just get the leak sorted before you get it boosting properly because then the oil becomes a fire-risk due to the extra heat generated.
You could drop the actuator rod off to get rid of the boost completely to stop the clutch slipping. Once you've fitted a softer actuator and the clutch has bedded in a bit you'll probably find that it's ok. Did CG say what torque the clutch will take?
:-)
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 21:28   #172
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
You can't give up now, you're much too close to give up.
The oil pipes are a cheap easy fix.
Head gasket less so but still not a massive job. It will survive for a bit anyway, albeit making an oily mess on things. Just get the leak sorted before you get it boosting properly because then the oil becomes a fire-risk due to the extra heat generated.
You could drop the actuator rod off to get rid of the boost completely to stop the clutch slipping. Once you've fitted a softer actuator and the clutch has bedded in a bit you'll probably find that it's ok. Did CG say what torque the clutch will take?
:-)
Cheers mate yea I've already put the heatproof covers on the oil lines to prevent a fire risk donated by a seat Leon cupra haha cg said the clutch should handle 70% more power ?? Which we haven't even touched yet I won't give up just gotta get the niggles sorted hopefully they can sort my hg out the garage said that apparantly the standard gasket fixes the issue but the 1.9mm one I fitted must not of had that fix any suggestions??
Old 28th May 2017, 22:26   #173
robster247
Established Member

What type of clutch is it ? A 4 paddle ?
Old 28th May 2017, 22:29   #174
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
What type of clutch is it ? A 4 paddle ?
Cg motorsport stage 2 clutch kit
Old 28th May 2017, 22:31   #175
robster247
Established Member

I wouldn't have thought it would slip at that power . Did you degrease everything when fitting ?
Old 28th May 2017, 22:34   #176
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought it would slip at that power . Did you degrease everything when fitting ?
Yea mate cleaned everything with clutch cleaner
Old 28th May 2017, 22:48   #177
robster247
Established Member

Ahh that's no good . I managed to find a 184mm ap racing lug drive clutch with a four paddle cerematalic plate and it was cheap.

It's bloody heavy on the foot but it's rated to around 300'nm of torque.

Why do you go for a change instead of the likes of helix, ap etc ?
Old 28th May 2017, 22:51   #178
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Ahh that's no good . I managed to find a 184mm ap racing lug drive clutch with a four paddle cerematalic plate and it was cheap.

It's bloody heavy on the foot but it's rated to around 300'nm of torque.

Why do you go for a change instead of the likes of helix, ap etc ?
It just seemed a reasonable price and had good reviews so thought it would be ok with the minimal power I was going for
Old 29th May 2017, 12:32   #179
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

you shouldn't have slip with that power... I did reply in another thread but I'm running a standard clutch and get no slip with my driving style / track use but I don't really use first gear much and if I do Its only to get me moving before boost kicks in which on mine is between 2000rpm and 2500rpm

I can only imagine some oil may have got on there somehow.. I would take it off and inspect as iirc a lot of people have used that clutch with more power but sometimes they need to wear in a little
Old 29th May 2017, 12:47   #180
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
you shouldn't have slip with that power... I did reply in another thread but I'm running a standard clutch and get no slip with my driving style / track use but I don't really use first gear much and if I do Its only to get me moving before boost kicks in which on mine is between 2000rpm and 2500rpm

I can only imagine some oil may have got on there somehow.. I would take it off and inspect as iirc a lot of people have used that clutch with more power but sometimes they need to wear in a little
It only slips on boost I've done just over 600 miles on it so far how long do they usually take to bed in ?? I can't boot it atm as I'm not fully mapped but say im in 5th and put my foot down a little as soon as the boost kicks it starts slipping ?? Gonna carry on with it for a few hundred miles don't really wanna change it again