Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 6th May 2010, 22:46   #201
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

I think the standard bumpers could look good if they are extended to meet the arches but they need to be fully colour coded imo....and i would remove the fogs and mesh behind them.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 01:23   #202
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
I think the standard bumpers could look good if they are extended to meet the arches but they need to be fully colour coded imo....and i would remove the fogs and mesh behind them.
+1
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 17:36   #203
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Kind of missing working on the car already! But it is giving me free time to get some other stuff done, like clearing out some of my spare parts, which are now up for sale. If anyone is looking for turbo conversion components, take a look http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311204

I'm planning to go and visit GMC shortly to confirm the spec of the work and I may well spend a little time tarting up the engine bay, once the engine has been removed

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 01:00   #204
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

GMC appear to be making good progress. I think I'm going to treck oop North on Friday this week to do some extra prep work on the engine bay, now the lump is out Turbo has been sent away for diagnosis - should find out what the problem was in the next day or two. Lets hope its not something too expensive

The jobs list has now been agreed, but I dare say a few extras will creep in during the build (isn't it always the case?) The only thing that is certain, is that I'm not going to like the bill one bit!

For those who are interested, condensed list...

- repair turbo oil leak
- supply & install 4 x larger fuel injectors
- supply & install turbo-spec cam shafts
- supply & install 6-paddle clutch/cover/release bearing
- supply & install MA shaft spline kit
- supply & install Quaife ATB
- remove & inspect gearbox. Advise to use or replace. Source as required.
- supply & install race spec valves & port head to suit
- supply & install modified manifold and turbo studs
- supply & install forged pistons to suit bores. Advise re rods
- supply & install modified water circulation through turbo
- supply & install appropriate oil restrictor (banjo) to turbo inlet
- supply & install alloy header tank
- supply & install genuine driveshafts as required
- remove ABS block, wiring and all sensors.
- supply & install twin master cylinder with bias adjustment and appropriate piping
- supply & install wideband LC-1 and display - link with ECU
- map Predator ECU on rolling road - actuator pressure set at 1bar
- customer to advise setup of AVC-R to modify boost pressure up towards 1.5bar for mapping. (if transmission can handle it!)

Bits to remove & keep to one side

- AP twin plate lug drive clutch & cover
- Weber Alpha AFR meter
- Unlocked ECU

Quote:
Old 12th May 2010, 02:22   #205
readie
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 05' Clio 182
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
readie is on a distinguished road

always the case that random bits creep up! and sounds like it is going to be a fair bill rather you than me! haha

and what has been done so far other than the turbo? any news on if the gearbox is good or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey_106 View Post
Had a good time though, I think! Enjoyed that vibrator!
readie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:26   #206
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by readie View Post
always the case that random bits creep up! and sounds like it is going to be a fair bill rather you than me! haha

and what has been done so far other than the turbo? any news on if the gearbox is good or not?
Quite a lot has happened so far... John certainly isn't hanging around!

The brakes are off ready for modded hardware/pipes, engine is out and will be in pieces by now ready for cams/valves/headwork. I guess John will soon be measuring up for pistons. There's a suspicion that the turbo casing is cracked, so will be interesting to see if thats the case.

The car went up with either a knackered clutch or gearbox, so that will need to be looked at to determine whether box is at fault or not... if it is, another will be needed before fitting the Quaife.

Im still not 100% sure on what gearbox to fit. Close ratio for acceleration isnt necessarily what I need with the turbo having oodles of spare grunt. A more civilised ratio may help the transmission to last a little longer?

Quote:
Old 12th May 2010, 13:24   #207
Cupra-Craig
Established Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Cupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to allCupra-Craig is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Quite a lot has happened so far... John certainly isn't hanging around!

The breakes are off ready for modded hardware/pipes, engine is out and will be in pieces by now ready for cams/valves/headwork. I guess John will soon be measuring up for pistons. There's a suspicion that the turbo casing is cracked, so will be interesting to see if thats the case.

The car went up with either a knackered clutch or gearbox, so that will need to be looked at to determine whether box is at fault or not... if it is, another will be needed before fitting the Quaife.

Im still not 100% sure on what gearbox to fit. Close ratio for acceleration isnt necessarily what I need with the turbo having oodles of spare grunt. A more civilised ratio may help the transmission to last a little longer?
CAn say nothing but good about johns work. I took my 106 on bodies up to him for sorting an mapping an his work is top notch an if there is any updates or probs he rings you straight away.

An he sticks to his tight time scale which he sets unlike some!!

Your in safe hands simo
Old 12th May 2010, 13:45   #208
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Will be watching Johns progress on your's Simo, as its 99% probable that my car will be going up there for final tweaks/mapping at some point. Hope they sort it all out for you
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 13:47   #209
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

MY GOD!!! that's a lot of work... and a lot of cash! lol

Hope it all goes well, really looking forward to seeing the car all done
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:55   #210
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupra-Craig View Post
CAn say nothing but good about johns work. I took my 106 on bodies up to him for sorting an mapping an his work is top notch an if there is any updates or probs he rings you straight away.

An he sticks to his tight time scale which he sets unlike some!!

Your in safe hands simo
Well said.

I've used John for the last 5 years or so. I rate his workmanship, respect his knowledge and enjoy having a few beers with him too

Quote:
Old 12th May 2010, 15:55   #211
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

fair play Si thats a fair amamount of work but at least you know it will get done no worries.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:17   #212
adzvtr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): supercharged vts. 1.1 saxo. accord type r
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
adzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these parts

lots of work here si, will be worth every penny tho when its all finished,
keeping my eye on the progress as wen mine is ready will be looking at going to johns for finishing myself.
cant wait to see this car running again, it is the original after all. keep it up m8
your car wipes mine out , any day . looking good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
lady charger ftw in this case
adzvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 00:33   #213
readie
Established Member

Quote:

i have been thinking the same thing but im unsure what you thinking of fitting? a more civilised like the vtr box or something a little different
Quote:
Old 13th May 2010, 00:38   #214
Simop
Administrator

Ive always used VTS or 1.1 boxes, but have been considering fitting a VTR box for longer gears, better top end and less load through the revs?

I'm taking a risk sticking with the MA after the trouble I've had in the past, but am spending too much on the rest of the engine to warrant changing the MA at the moment, lol.

Quote:
Old 13th May 2010, 00:45   #215
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough

Quote:
GMC appear to be making good progress. I think I'm going to treck oop North on Friday this week to do some extra prep work on the engine bay, now the lump is out Turbo has been sent away for diagnosis - should find out what the problem was in the next day or two. Lets hope its not something too expensive

The jobs list has now been agreed, but I dare say a few extras will creep in during the build (isn't it always the case?) The only thing that is certain, is that I'm not going to like the bill one bit!

For those who are interested, condensed list...

- repair turbo oil leak
- supply & install 4 x larger fuel injectors
- supply & install turbo-spec cam shafts
- supply & install 6-paddle clutch/cover/release bearing
- supply & install MA shaft spline kit
- supply & install Quaife ATB
- remove & inspect gearbox. Advise to use or replace. Source as required.
- supply & install race spec valves & port head to suit
- supply & install modified manifold and turbo studs
- supply & install forged pistons to suit bores. Advise re rods
- supply & install modified water circulation through turbo
- supply & install appropriate oil restrictor (banjo) to turbo inlet
- supply & install alloy header tank
- supply & install genuine driveshafts as required
- remove ABS block, wiring and all sensors.
- supply & install twin master cylinder with bias adjustment and appropriate piping
- supply & install wideband LC-1 and display - link with ECU
- map Predator ECU on rolling road - actuator pressure set at 1bar
- customer to advise setup of AVC-R to modify boost pressure up towards 1.5bar for mapping. (if transmission can handle it!)

Bits to remove & keep to one side

- AP twin plate lug drive clutch & cover
- Weber Alpha AFR meter
- Unlocked ECU
Wow........ lots of work and great spec too
Old 13th May 2010, 00:54   #216
readie
Established Member

Quote:
Ive always used VTS or 1.1 boxes, but have been considering fitting a VTR box for longer gears, better top end and less load through the revs?

I'm taking a risk sticking with the MA after the trouble I've had in the past, but am spending too much on the rest of the engine to warrant changing the MA at the moment, lol.
that sounds like a plan! and yea not worth it to play around changing boxes if you get a vtr one and it explodes within no time what is it on at the mo a 1.1?
Quote:
Old 13th May 2010, 00:59   #217
readie
Established Member

Double post fail!

sorry
Quote:

Last edited by readie; 14th May 2010 at 11:58.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:30   #218
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

I can also fully recommend Johns work

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 23:25   #219
Simop
Administrator

Holiday booked for tomorrow - I'm off to GMC at half 5 in the morning

Yeah, car is on a 1.1box at the moment. John's already overhauled it and fitted the diff' LOL. No hanging around!

Quote:
Old 14th May 2010, 10:04   #220
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

I want to know what John looks like - he's a mysterious car god enitity to me lol!

Good stuff Simo - are you still rocking a Quaife dogbox then>? I'm sure it was your videos from years ago that made me lust after a fancy gearbox

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote