Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 1st May 2010, 11:39   #161
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (was Changing Turbo Orientation)

I've already painted the rest of the bay, although may redo some of the rear once the engine is out.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:31   #162
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Had a lovely long weekend away - arrived back around 3pm ish and got busy trying to finish the car again. My plans to roll the car out of the car port were scuppered when it started raining, then hailing! D'oh! Managed to re-jig a couple of things and work on the car interior whilst still under the car port.

So, the interior has been stripped at the front, ready for prep'ing/painting when the car returns from GMC. I forgot I had masses of stereo cables under the carpets from yester-year

The engine bay is almost complete now. Still need to order the new air filter and have a few other things to complete, but they will need to wait a little while. The scuttle panel has been re-built. Looks MUCH better now its been painted!

Anyway... a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6643.jpg   IMG_6645.jpg   IMG_6650.jpg   IMG_6663.jpg  

IMG_6676.jpg   IMG_6680.jpg  

Quote:
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:35   #163
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Engine bay is looking really good now Simo......

Have you found a way now of getting her to GMC????
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:37   #164
newqs36
Established Member

Car(s): vts
newqs36 is on a distinguished road

engine bay looks very nice, and full! jelous much!
newqs36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:46   #165
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

looking good simo, what size is this turbo??

i dont suppose you have any close up pics of the turbo manifold for me??
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:48   #166
Simop
Administrator

Cheers guys

Not figured transport to GMC yet - hoping RAC will offer a discounted rate, as technically I could push it out onto the road and they'd have to give me onward travel... to Scotland. As its not tax'd / MOT'd though, I think this would be a little dodgy Hopefully it wont cost too much!

Need to ring around tomorrow, as will definately be ready to ship come Wednesday. Last bits should arrive from Tweeks tomorrow.

A bit of a comparison to see some of what has changed. Here's two shots, one from early Feb and one from this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5765.jpg   IMG_6679.jpg  

Quote:
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:54   #167
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
looking good simo, what size is this turbo??

i dont suppose you have any close up pics of the turbo manifold for me??
This blower is a hybrid T25 I've had lying around for several years. SHould have plenty of puff without going too mental on the transmission

Not sure what pics/detail you would like of the manifold. Here are a couple of OLD pics, from when I first had it made.

Quote:
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:56   #168
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

That engine bay is totally spotless!!!
The change from the battery being moved from the bay is a big improvement.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 00:08   #169
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

looks cool, cheers mate.

a nice hybrid t25 should be good for 250bhp anyway... so good times ahead me thinks lol
Old 4th May 2010, 00:12   #170
Simop
Administrator

Yeah, im not planinng to go insane with the boost just yet, as Im planning to stick with the MA for now (unless is blows up on the rollers ) A bar boost will be the standard map, with upto 1.5bar for fruity moments.

Based on previous experience at 0.7bar, I reckon 1-1.5bar should be ample, usable and might not killl the MA outright

Quote:
Old 4th May 2010, 00:14   #171
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

get yourself a quaife diff then you should be good to go.

i might be making a few turbo manifolds me thinks..
Old 4th May 2010, 00:16   #172
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough

Looking very neat simo, looking forward to seeing this at fcs and having a chat!!
Old 4th May 2010, 00:17   #173
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
get yourself a quaife diff then you should be good to go.

i might be making a few turbo manifolds me thinks..
Quaife dif' has been sat on GMC's stock shelf for me for the last 6 weeks or more. Thats the plan... and see how that holds out.

Manifolds... Keep them nice & simple... a bunch of bananas was my inspiration. No need for a spaghetti nightmare IMO

Quote:
Old 4th May 2010, 00:23   #174
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE-VTR-TURBO View Post
Looking very neat simo, looking forward to seeing this at fcs and having a chat!!
I hope it makes it to FCS, but I'm not convinced just yet! Have to see how long it stays at GMC, but am expecitng it to be there for atleast a month? Have pre-ordered most components, so may not take that long. Still waiting on the Predator too though.

Once its back, I will need to sort something with the bumpers, etc... or just print a BIG "under construction" vinyl and slap it on it

Quote:
Old 4th May 2010, 00:36   #175
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Quaife dif' has been sat on GMC's stock shelf for me for the last 6 weeks or more. Thats the plan... and see how that holds out.

Manifolds... Keep them nice & simple... a bunch of bananas was my inspiration. No need for a spaghetti nightmare IMO
thats good then, whens the first outing??

dont worry, im not a newbie
ive done a fair amount of research and ive come up with some ideas... just got order some flanges now.
Old 4th May 2010, 00:37   #176
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore

liking the idea of the vinyl sticker!

will be good to see it finally, hopefully john wont have it for too long, whats being done there bar the mapping?
Old 4th May 2010, 00:42   #177
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
thats good then, whens the first outing??

dont worry, im not a newbie
ive done a fair amount of research and ive come up with some ideas... just got order some flanges now.
You gonna spill the design, or let us wait to see the finished article? Think I still have a manifold flange in my desk drawer at work. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE-VTR-TURBO View Post
liking the idea of the vinyl sticker!

will be good to see it finally, hopefully john wont have it for too long, whats being done there bar the mapping?
Err, cant remember exactly. Quick list... (its been a while since I made the call lol)

- new clutch,
- replacement gearbox & Quaife diff
- new injectors x 4
- turbo spec cams
- Predator
- forged pistons
- headwork (TBC)
- probably other stuff I've agreed and cant remember at the moment.

That reminds me, I need to pen down the jobs list for John.

Quote:
Old 4th May 2010, 00:52   #178
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore

ahhhh.... fair bit of work then, sounds like a cracking spec though mate, will be worth the wait, but will be close for fcs!!

fingers crossed!
Old 4th May 2010, 12:29   #179
Simop
Administrator

Default Re: Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (engine bay almost ready...)

Fingers crossed indeed! Just nipped home to see if I could intercept the posties delivery note thing... Nothing yet. D'oh!

Quote:
Old 4th May 2010, 12:40   #180
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

I hope you get this sorted for FCS, id love to see it in the flesh. It looks really good so far. I hope GMC get everything sorted for you quick as.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote