Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2007, 20:14   #1
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Flushing The Engine / Radiator & Bleeding

I know theres a guide which has popped up but i did write a very good guide when i first joined the site, anyways ive received a few emails lately and pm's for this so here it is;

Tools Required

Header Tank - (Citroen £18, Some people use half a bottle with tape, doesnt work that well)
Size 5 Allen Key (For bleed Screw)
Water Hose Pliers / Normal Pliers
Ratchet with either 10mm Socket or t5 Torx bit (For removing the thermostat if flushing the engine)
Hose Pipe + Water
Coolant

Flushing The Radiator

1. Open The Drain Plug/Remove bottomhose, and Drain All The Water.
2. Disconnect The Top And If You Took The Drain Plug way, Disconnect the bottom hose
3. Put A Hose Pipe Into The Top Hose And Wait Till Clean Water Emerges From The Bottom Hose Via Radiator (You can use a radiator cleaner here)
4. Connect All Hoses
5. Fill With Water And Antifreeze Mix Using A HeaderTank On The Expansion Tank.
6. Bleed System And Check For Leaks.

If you want to flush the engine whilst you at it (recommended) look below:

Flushing The Engine

1. Remove Thermostat And Replace The Housing.
2. Put A Hose Pipe Into The Top Hose And Wait Till Clean Water Emerges From The Bottom Hose Via Engine (You can use a engine cleaner here)
3. Replace The Thermostat(If in good condition inc seal)
4. Connect All Hoses
5. Fill With Water And Antifreeze Mix Using A Header Tank On The Expansion Tank.
7. Bleed System And Check For Leaks.

Bleeding The System

Before we start i must insist that you get a propper header tank to sit into the expansion tank (costs about £18.00 from citroen) This will savle you alot of time if any air is trapped in the heater matrix.

There Are 3 Bleeding Points That Need To Be Done In Sequence Starting With The Lowest.

Open All Bleeding Points Up Until A Steady Supply Of Water Emerges without Bubbles.

Bleed Points Are:

1. Top Right Of The Radiator(Small Plastic Clip)
2. Top Of Thermostast Housing (5mm Allen Key, Just Right Of The Rocker Cover)
3. Drivers Side Of Engine, Looks Like A valve cap

Keep the water and antifreeze going in until a trickle of water shoots out of the first bleeding point without stopping... do this for the other 2 and then leave car on fast idle (1000rpm) until the fan kicks in 2 or 3 times...

Let the car cool down and then check water levels

VTS - Bleeding Point Locations

1.1 - Bleeding Point Locations

There we go ladies and gentlemen

And i may re-write some of my other guidies such as Timing Up, Changing Gearboxes etc if i can be bothered

Last edited by AdamH; 1st March 2008 at 18:22.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AdamH For This Useful Post:
Old 13th February 2008, 23:32   #2
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

Update - put a picture of the genuine citroen header tank, i will get pics of flushing the system on a customers 1.1 next weekend and my vts in the summer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamH For This Useful Post:
Old 1st March 2008, 18:27   #3
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Update - Added pictures of the bleed screw locations, still need to get a picture of the header tank fitted tho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamH For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread