Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 22nd February 2009, 08:51   #21
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
pinoeer is too expensive imo, your just payin for the name, behringer FTW!
theyre known as the brand that falls apart

behringer ftl
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 08:55   #22
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

oh and to razzoo, the stanton str8 150 is said to be the new industry standard of vynil turntables, as opposed to the technics 1210 which has stood strong for so many years
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:42   #23
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

It all depends on how far you wanna go with DJ'n if you wanna be a bedroom dj then it doesnt really matter what you get, then if you do the odd party then you want something a little better that performs well, then club...and so on... I think that a lot of Numark gear is a safe bet for starting off and some of their stuff is pretty damn good!!...I used Numark from day 1 and never found a fault with anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 12:05   #24
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_SAXO View Post
It all depends on how far you wanna go with DJ'n if you wanna be a bedroom dj then it doesnt really matter what you get, then if you do the odd party then you want something a little better that performs well, then club...and so on... I think that a lot of Numark gear is a safe bet for starting off and some of their stuff is pretty damn good!!...I used Numark from day 1 and never found a fault with anything
yep, numark gemini & stanton all have very good budget products
Quote:
Old 22nd February 2009, 13:17   #25
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
oh and to razzoo, the stanton str8 150 is said to be the new industry standard of vynil turntables, as opposed to the technics 1210 which has stood strong for so many years
Yeah The Stanton's are solid always have been imo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
I have CDJ1000IIs and a DJM500

Not overpriced. The mixer is at least 7 years old now and up until last year worked EVERY single weekend, sometimes 4 nights a week and never once let me down. I'e had to replace a chanel fader once and that is it!

For those that say the Pioneer stuff is overpriced, get real!

£550 mixer used for 6 years every weekend, charging a min of £110 a night. You figure it out!

The decks are simply the best out there. I've been there with 1210s, cheaper CD decks and everything else on the market and nothing comes close to it!

When I gave up DJing proffessionaly I was tempted to seel the decks but as they have paid for themselves many, many, many times over, what's the point! They don't owe me anything but years of trouble free DJing.

If I'd been using cheaper equipment I would have had to carry a spare of everything around with me and that is a false economy.

I can pretty much guarantee my system will outlive any of the cheaper, newer ones mentioned earlier on.

A few pics of the overpriced crap:

Yeah mate even though I ain't been on Pioneer gear I don't think theyr'e overrated..Loads of people use the DJM Mixers and keep them for yeeeaarrss The DJM600 looks solid and so do the rest and the CDJ's also but like Iv'e said Iv'e decided I want Vinyl Turntables due to the records I want being out of the UK and there's no MP3 Rips of them soo..I don't want to be spending thousands and thousands just to be a "Bedroom DJ" but then again I don't know where It might take me and don't crap like teh pictures I quoted earlier..
Iv'e got a decent mixer already it's just between Stantons/Technics!?
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:01   #26
wilsh81
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): saxo VTR 98
wilsh81 will become famous soon enoughwilsh81 will become famous soon enough

vinyl all the way
wilsh81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:24   #27
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

pioneer gear aint over priced at all!

its only due to the market you see other stuff that looks similar and is cheap you all assume pioneer is expensive lol.

pioneer and Allen & Heath are at the forefront of dj technology!

close second is Denon and Ecler

if its actual decks ur after as in turntables. then go with whats known best

here is a lil insight for you!

1210's
1210's are for every style where as the 1200 serious are for scratching as there torque is slightly more.

vestax turntables there mainly for scratching aswell.

stantons top of the range st series there basicly technics, just as strong etc etc

gemini dont even go there lol.
numark dont even go there, once again.
citronic dont even go there!

Needles/stylus look at ortofon range.
stanton also do some ok Needles aswell.

slip mats
for scratching then buy Speedmats by technics. (there thinner and slide alot easier.)
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:09   #28
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmartin View Post
pioneer gear aint over priced at all!

its only due to the market you see other stuff that looks similar and is cheap you all assume pioneer is expensive lol.

pioneer and Allen & Heath are at the forefront of dj technology!

close second is Denon and Ecler

if its actual decks ur after as in turntables. then go with whats known best

here is a lil insight for you!

1210's
1210's are for every style where as the 1200 serious are for scratching as there torque is slightly more.

vestax turntables there mainly for scratching aswell.

stantons top of the range st series there basicly technics, just as strong etc etc

gemini dont even go there lol.
numark dont even go there, once again.
citronic dont even go there!

Needles/stylus look at ortofon range.
stanton also do some ok Needles aswell.

slip mats
for scratching then buy Speedmats by technics. (there thinner and slide alot easier.)

Cheers for the input
Ain't spending thousands on Technics..Sorry lol
If I had the dough then yeah but theyr'e just too much £££ Worth!
Iv'e been looking at the Stanton ST-150's which are the top of the range Stanton Turntables and have the most torque (I think) and look VERY solid.
And About the Ortofon Cartridge's you get the Stylus AND the Cartridge together right? Because I was looking at some Ortofon's and they were around £90 for the pair and just wondered if you got the WHOLE thing lol
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:37   #29
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

For reference the SL1210 and SL1200 are the same deck, just different colour!

The Mk5 SLs have a marginally higher torque motor due to a new power supply but apart from that there isn't a lot between them.

The 1210/1200 is and will always be the industry standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:51   #30
alextoffie
Established Member

Car(s): Mauritius blue VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
For reference the SL1210 and SL1200 are the same deck, just different colour!

The Mk5 SLs have a marginally higher torque motor due to a new power supply but apart from that there isn't a lot between them.

The 1210/1200 is and will always be the industry standard
spot on mate

there is no difference at all between 1210's and 1200's, the 1200's are in silver which was originally meant more for the american market

you can swap parts between 1200s and 1210s no problems

completely industry standard deck, the fact is they are so reliable i'd be shocked if you ever went into a serious nightclub without them

to be honest i was very very close to selling my 1210's and getting some TTX-1's, because i really do think they're a brilliant deck

same with the STR8-150's... they are top decks... but Technics have the crown well and truly sealed up and i knew it was pointless me selling my Technics because i was always going to be using 1210's when playing out!
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:52   #31
alextoffie
Established Member

alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!alextoffie is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoORaZzAOoO View Post
Cheers for the input
Ain't spending thousands on Technics..Sorry lol
If I had the dough then yeah but theyr'e just too much £££ Worth!
Iv'e been looking at the Stanton ST-150's which are the top of the range Stanton Turntables and have the most torque (I think) and look VERY solid.
And About the Ortofon Cartridge's you get the Stylus AND the Cartridge together right? Because I was looking at some Ortofon's and they were around £90 for the pair and just wondered if you got the WHOLE thing lol
sorry mate but you want technics

you can get a set of 1210's for 400 quid

they might not be brand new but i can pretty much bet they'll outlive you're dj'ing career
Old 25th February 2009, 17:29   #32
Saxo_Steveo
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 1.6 In Black
Saxo_Steveo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone own a pair of CDJ's (800's 1000's MK1/2) Or a DJM ?

Any goood Pioneer DJ Stuff ? Worth the dosh ?

Ta

Cdj's ar wicked was using them last night well worth money
Saxo_Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 18:44   #33
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextoffie View Post
sorry mate but you want technics

you can get a set of 1210's for 400 quid

they might not be brand new but i can pretty much bet they'll outlive you're dj'ing career
True True
Will have rekkie on EBay for some second-hand Technics
if not..It's the Stanton's and a good DJM
Old 25th February 2009, 18:57   #34
djmartin
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): BMW 3.0 X3,toyota mr2 & Skyline R33
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!djmartin is absolutely fabulous!

my mate got some 121-'s for £250 LOL one hell ofa lucky bugger since they was litrally brand new (reason guy sold them was new addition to family).

History of the turntable.

The original SL-1200, released in 1972, was marketed as a hi-fi turntable.

The SL-1200MK2, released in 1978, has a silver finish. This was a continuing trend as later 1200 models would be silver and 1210 models would be matt black. Technics improved the motor, shock resistance, added a ground wire, and changed the rotary pitch control to a slider style. This is now considered the baseline model, and is the oldest still in production.

The SL-1210MK2 is the matte black version of SL-1200MK2. It used to be unavailable from official Panasonic dealers on the USA market, until Technics released SL-1210MK2PK, a USA-only piano (Gloss) black model.

The SL-1210MK3, released in 1989, matte black finish like the 1210. Gold RCA plugs. Small gold foil Technics across the back.

The SL-1210M3D (1997) adds a quartz lock button which resets pitch to 0 immediately.

The SL-1210MK4 (1997) has no quartz lock but does have a 78, with a reverse function rpm option (other models only have 33 rpm and 45 rpm), and all the hardware is plated with platinum. It was also only available in japan.

The SL-1210MK5 increases the anti-skate settings from 0 to 3 to 0 to 6.

The SL-1210M5G was launched in Japan on 1 November 2002 (together with the MK5) and is a special 30th anniversary edition of the SL-1200. The difference from the MK5 model is the ability to switch between ±8% and ±16% ranges for pitch adjustment, it also featured blue target lights and blue pitch number illumination.

Finally there are the limited edition gold finishings of the SL-1200LTD (1998) and SL-1200GLD (2004) models, the latter also having a blue instead of the usual white target light. The SL-1200LTD is based on the MK3D and the SL-1200GLD is based on the M5G.

thats where i fked up lol
mistaken sl-1200 Original one for mk2s Whoops lols
thank you mr skyline man
djmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 19:05   #35
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Why are they so popular though?
Theyr'e other decks on the market with more torque/more features and for LESS!
But everyone seems to say Technics are the Daddies..Reliability?
Just asking because Iv'e never had a pair, Never even touched a Techic lol
Old 25th February 2009, 22:51   #36
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Why are they so popular though?
Theyr'e other decks on the market with more torque/more features and for LESS!
But everyone seems to say Technics are the Daddies..Reliability?
Just asking because Iv'e never had a pair, Never even touched a Techic lol
the technics 1210 have allways been the must have of the top DJ's

however, allthough theyre still an amazing peice of equiptment, its time for the stanton str8-t150 to take over as the ultimate in turntable
Quote:
Old 26th February 2009, 18:06   #37
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
the technics 1210 have allways been the must have of the top DJ's

however, allthough theyre still an amazing peice of equiptment, its time for the stanton str8-t150 to take over as the ultimate in turntable
Decided I'm getting the Stanton's..
Nearly 3 x as much torque as a 1210, more features and for less

Last edited by Ryyy; 28th February 2009 at 21:54.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:57   #38
alextoffie
Established Member

why have torque like that when you dont need it

torque means absolutely jack shit. thats a fact

what matters is the accuracy and ability for the deck to hold its pitch

my mate had some TT-500's which had a lot more torque than 1210's but they couldn't hold their pitch at all in comparison

technics have stood the test of time, and they're used in every big club in the world for a reason

the stantons have been out for years btw.... they're nothing new, if they were that special they'd have taken over by now